Status: comments are the thing that helps me keep going.

My Protector.

chapter five

Chapter 5
Everyone stood on pins and needles every night as someone was waiting to hear from Harry, Ron, and Hermione. But no messages came. The Weasley's were a total mess. Ginny went back to Hogwarts, which no one was sure if that was the right decision or not, and everyone else stayed at the burrow at all times. Lupin, Tonk's husband, and Tonks stayed must of the time. They would stand guard of the house, just in case if the Death Eaters decided to stop by.
Evelyn and George hadn't had much time to be with each other since everyone was trying to make sure they had all the training that they needed. But the one time that they did have alone time, Evelyn was trying to teach George how to be an Animgus.
"Alright, but it's gonna be very hard and painful," She sighed as she gave in.
George smiled and jumped up and down like a child. "Thank you!"
"Okay," She stared. "You must concentrate and release all of your stress. Basically you must find inner-peace."
George nodded. He closed his eyes and breathed in and out a few times. As his face wore a completely relaxed face, Evelyn smiled. She whispered a few things in his ear, telling him to just focus. After thirty minutes of silence, he opened his eyes.
"I feel it," he said gently.
She nodded, "Good. Everyday we'll have to do this until you can feel it within seconds."
"Will you morph for me?" He asked suddenly.
She was hesitant for a moment. She didn't morph much; especially in front of other people. When she was in her state, she felt weird, like she was connecting with someone else. Someone she didn't know. But she nodded slowly. She closed her eyes and brought herself into a state of complete nothingness. A calm, warm, white light swirled around inside her body. When she opened her eyes again, George's shins were at her eye level.
"Awh! You're so cute!" He proclaimed, squatting down and scratching behind her furry ears.
She let out a low, playful growl at him, causing him to laugh. She walked around in her fox body, getting used to the feel of four legs again. She galloped around the yard, while George just watched in amazement.
Once she transformed back into her normal body, she shyly walked back over to George. He smiled at the girl and pecked her forehead.
"That was beautiful," He whispered to her.
A blush crept up on to her cheeks, causing her to look down to hind the pink cheeks.
"Thanks."
Practices went by. Days went by. Weeks went by. Months went by. The war was all anyone talked about. It made Evelyn uneasy. She wanted to spend the time that she had with George and his family. But no one had time to sit around and laugh.
Christmas came and went. Evelyn had received a dark, teal sweater that had a gold E printed on the front from Mrs. Weasley. Fred had given her a bracelet that glowed when she was in danger. Tonks got her a white box that she wouldn't let her open until they were alone.
Finally, George gave her a small box that contained a small pendant that had a silver chain around it. If you held the pendant up to the light, you can read a message that read, "I love my little fox."
After dinner, Tonks dragged Evelyn to Ginny's room with her present.
"Open it," She demanded.
Evelyn obeyed, not noticing her new bracelet glowing bright yellow. When she did open it, she wished she hadn't. A net flew out and wrapped itself around Evelyn. A loud, long cry of pain left her mouth and shook the house as the net shocked her.
Tonks smirked then made the net float over to her. Evelyn heard many footsteps stomp up the stairs and into the room, one of them being another Tonks. George's face was drained of all the colors and looked back from one Tonks to the other.
Slowly, the Tonks that captured Evelyn transformed into a Veela, causing Evelyn to scream in fear. The creature's large wings spread across the room, knocking over items in Ginny's room. It grabbed the net then flew through the window at full speed.
"Evelyn!"
Evelyn watched George run towards the window and jump out, his arm stretched out towards her. She reached her arm out just in time to catch his hand. Evelyn heard George whisper a spell that cut throw the net, causing her to slip out of it. As they both fell to the ground, Evelyn closed her eyes and only happy, peaceful thoughts were visible in her head. She thought of George smiling at her, Fred and his goofy face, Mrs. Weasley's motherly love. She thought of all of these things until they hit, what she thought was the ground.
As soon as Evelyn opened her eyes, she saw the ground. She was hovering in mid air, about a foot or two. George was next to her in the same position. She let out a breath of relief, and as soon as she did, the two hit the ground for real that time.
Nothing was said as they stood up and attacked each other with tight hugs. Evelyn erupted into fits of sobs, clinging tightly to George's shirt.
"Are you alright?" A voice echoed off in the distance.
Evelyn didn't move her head from George's chest as he lifted her and carried her towards the sound of his father's voice. Once he reached his dad and brother, Evelyn had calmed down a bit. She was still sniffling here and there, but she was fine.
"Is she okay?" Fred asked his twin as they walked up the narrow stairs.
George nodded, setting her on his bed.
Evelyn watched George as he sat on the end on the bed, looking at his hands that rest on his lap. She sighed softly then rolled on to her side. As she stared at the wall, she couldn't help but thinking about muggle music.
"Does your father have a muggle radio?" She asked suddenly.
George was taken back by the question. He turned his body and looked at his girlfriend with a strange look.
"He might," He said, crawling up the bed, cuddling her into his arms. "Why?"
Evelyn turned in his arms, looking at him. She felt calm around him. Every problem seemed to dissolve. She shrugged her shoulders up and down slowly, a smile plastered on her face.
One morning, Evelyn woke up with severe stomach pains. She flung herself from George's arms and to the bathroom. She threw up everything that sat in her stomach. Afterwards, she flushed the toilet and stood up. When she looked into the mirror, George was standing in the doorway, looking at her.
"You need to go see my mom," He said, crossing his arms over his chest. "She can give you a check up."
Evelyn sighed softly but nodded. She then began to get ready for her day. She began by brushing her teeth throughly, then did her hair and makeup. After she was finished, she walked back to the twins' room to get dressed. She picked out an outfit for the day, throwing it on the bed. When she did, a soft crunching noise erupted underneath the clothes.
She lifted the clothes to reveal a small piece of parchment. George's handwriting was scribbled on to it.
Me and Fred left to pack up the shop. Things in Diagon Alley are getting pretty bad. We would've waited for you, but you're sick. Go see my mom. I mean it!
George

She smiled softly, then got dressed. Her converse covered feet tapped down the stairs and into the kitchen where she was sure that Molly was. Of course she was in there. She was magically washing the dishes and reading a newspaper at the same time. A stern, angry look sat on her face.
"Can you believe this?!" She howled, throwing the paper to Evelyn.
The words, "Chosen One goes into hiding. Are we safe?" Were written across the top in bold letters. Evelyn shook her head and set the paper down.
"Um, Molly?" She asked sheeply. "Can you give me a check up or something? I'm not feeling too well."
Molly turned on her heels and looked at the petite girl that didn't look the slightest bit of sick. She raised an eyebrow but nodded.
"Sit down dear," She said, letting the dishes continue on their own.
Molly sat in front of her, and asked her a lot of questions and ran some magic tests and all that jazz. Before another question was asked, Molly gasped loudly, causing Evelyn to jump and wear a face of concern.
"What is it?" She asked, reaching a hand towards Molly.
Molly looked up and met eyes, green to blue. Happiness, love, compassion all danced in her eyes. But there was a hint of fear there too.
"My dear," She said gently. "You're going to be a mother."
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been awhile. ._____.
I'm sorry. It's been.. hecktic..
comment//subscribe//rate