Status: comments are the thing that helps me keep going.

My Protector.

chapter eight

“That’s the last of it,” Harry told his friend as he set the last box on the floor near his feet.
Evelyn smiled and hugged Harry and told him thanks. After Harry and Ron left she looked around. She was in the loft above George’s shop. She stood in the living area and had her hands placed on her hips as she looked around. It was just like the way she remembered it.
She stepped into George’s bedroom that still had the same cream walls and the king size bed with the red comforter. But there was something that was accompanying it. Oh, it might be the extra body, lying on the bed, looking at the ceiling with a smile on his face.
Evelyn smiled when she saw him. It had been five months since she woke up, and seven months since Fred had passed and he was doing good. Every once in a while, he would get depressed when he thought about his other half, but he knew that he couldn’t change the past and he knew that we was going to have to accept the fact that he was no longer a twin.
“Are they gone already?” He asked when he looked up.
Evelyn nodded, jumping on the bed next to her boyfriend and planted a kiss on his lips ever so lightly. Doing this, made his heart skip a beat. He loved that girl with all his heart. He pulled her into a hug as he pressed his lips to her forehead.
“This is great,” she said, snuggling into her boyfriend’s side, “We’ve got the shop up and running again and we have all my things moved in.”
George and Evelyn decided to sell her old apartment, which got so many offers, and put the money in a jar and placed it over the refrigerator for safe keeping. They hadn’t tried for another baby because they thought that they should wait until after they were married.
George could see himself spending the rest of his life with Evelyn, so he was currently in the process of planning to ask her for her hand. He wanted it to be special when he asked her. Something that no one else had ever done or seen.
Evelyn, being as smart as she is, knew that he was planning on asking her. It was just the way he said everything to her made her believe that he was going to pop the question soon. And she couldn’t wait.
[c]Six Months Later[/c]
The couple was engaged. George had taken her out to dinner one night. Just as they were on their way home, George pulled out a broom from what seemed like nowhere and placed her on it. He flew up high into the air. He stopped when they were high above the shop, but far below the moon. The stars glistened in the sky, winking at the couple. That’s when he asked her. He pulled out the box and opened it after he popped the question. Evelyn just smiled real big and hugged him, nearly knocking them both off the broom. He gently placed the ring onto her finger then kissed her softly, sending butterflies to flutter and fireworks to explode in both of their minds.
Evelyn recalled this memory as she stared at herself in the body length mirror. She picked and tugged at her dress as her stomach was churning. Molly swatted her hand away and patted down the dress back into place.
“You look beautiful, dear. Stop worrying,” Molly told the bride-to-be, “I’m sure George is just as nervous as you are.”
Evelyn couldn’t help back smile at that thought. George nervous? Impossible! He was the master prankster. George Weasley doesn’t get nervous. But it helped her ease her own nerves a bit.
Just then, Ginny came through the door of the small room and told them that it was time. That’s when the nerves came back. She really didn’t understand why people got so nervous when it came to their wedding day, but then she understood. It was completely and utterly scary.
The wedding was being held at the Burrow. It was beautifully decorated with white and teal flowers everywhere. Evelyn’s dress was all white and she wore teal accessories. Ginny and Molly did her hair, curling it and taking a strand on either side and pinning it at the back.
Evelyn met Arthur at the Weasley’s front door and gave him a nervous smile. She had asked him to walk him down the isle since her adoptive father had passed during the war.
“Are you ready?” he asked, offering his arm to her.
She nodded once and took her arm, “Ready as I’ll ever be.”
As soon as she said that, the music outside started playing and Arthur pulled open the door for them. She stepped out into the setting sunlight and instantly heard people raising to their feet. It made her blush a bit. To know that all these people were looking at her, made her a little more nervous. But then at the end of the isle, she saw George standing in his black tux and all the nerves seemed to go away. This was her life. He was her life.
When she made it to the end of the isle, she turned and hugged Arthur before taking her place next to her bride’s maids, Alice, Ginny, and then Hermione. She gave them all three a smile before facing George. He took her hands in his, a smile plastered on his face.
All throughout the wedding, George was making goofy faces at her, trying to make her laugh. She tried so hard to contain herself, but she managed to do it. But it did cause Ron to laugh a few times, earning a look from his mother.
After the wedding reception, Evelyn and George went inside to change for their honeymoon. Evelyn still didn’t know where they were going because he said that it was a surprise. As Evelyn was hanging up her dress in George’s closet, she felt two hands hit her hips.
“Hello Mrs. Weasley. Are you ready to go?”
She turned around as smile formed at her lips. She put her hands around his neck, one going up into his messy red hair.
“Yeah, I am,” She said bringing her lips to his.
And they shared their second kiss as husband and wife.