There's Not a Lot of People Left Around.

there's not a lot of people left around.

Today had been a rather pleasant day i suppose. It had been the final quidditch match of the year. Griffindor had beat Slytherin after Harry had caught the snitch. I hadn't been paying much attention though. I never had a large interest in quidditch. I never really saw the point. Some people, floating around on broomsticks , throwing balls in and out of some hoops. It all seemed rather dull and pointless. But afterwards the spirit was high. And practically the whole school had come to sit upon the field in quad at the center of the castle. I had chosen to sit alone (not that sitting alone was really a choice, not many people where too keen on been seen with me) beneath a large tree, overflowing with all kinds of flowers. Vibrant pinks, blues and violets. I took out my book and had read the day away. It was a book that Daddy had wrote on the Barten Beasts that lived in the woods near our home. It was awfully interesting. Sadly, not many book publishers seemed to think so. And despite his best efforts, Daddy couldn't find anybody who wanted to publish the book.

After a few hours of interesting reading, the sun was slowly setting upon Hogwarts. And as the bell on the clock tower rung out, signaling that the time was eight o'clock. There was not many students still outside. Across the field i saw Harry Potter standing up with Ron Weasley. He looked up and, meeting my eye, gave a friendly grin. I grinned back, as he turned and walked into the corridor.

After another hour or so the Slytherin quidditch team walked past. With grim looks on their faces, still dressed in emerald green robes. Some of them where too depressed to even insult me. The rest weren't half as taunting as usual. Just a few sniggers really .Another thing i disliked about quidditch. People got so down when their team didn't win.
I didn't fail to notice that the team was missing two players. Flint, team captain. And Draco Malfoy, team seeker. And after the team had gone i realized why.

Around ten minutes later, Flint and Draco Malfoy appeared. But Draco looked rather worse for wear. His eye looked slightly bruised and his lip was bleeding. Flint was violently dragging him, much to his struggle, into the quad.Before throwing him down in the center. Not one of them glanced at me.
"Harry Potter" Flint spat in Draco's face. " Of all of the seekers you have beat. And you couldn't beat HARRY POTTER" He spoke those last two words like they where vile. Like vermin. " I bet you couldn't though. He's a damn good seeker. You try and race him to get that bloody snitch. You couldn't do it." Draco spoke, as if trying to sound brave and aggressive, but he sounded rather scared. Like a timid mouse.
" I'm not the fucking seeker". Flint hissed before giving Draco a good boot in the back and walking away. " My Father will be hearing about this!" Draco shouted, though Flint didn't turn back.
After that Draco just lay, silent and still, on the ground. I don't know if he realized i was there. But it felt sad to see him so vulnerable, so alone. It was unlike him.
It was only as he stood and dusted off his quidditch robes that he wiped his eyes, and i realized that he was crying. As he started to limp away i ran up behind him.
" Draco Malfoy, are you okay?" i asked him. Trying not to sound as generally worried as i really was.
"Yes actually, Loopy Luna. I am fucking fine." he spat at me, it was almost venomous.
" Well just checking that you where. You're face. It's cut, did you know?"
He turned his back to me and took another step away.
"Yes, believe it or not. i do bloody know. And i also know that my ankle is broken. So if you excuse me, i'm going to the Nurse now..."
He attempted to hobble away but i could hear him drawing sharp exhales of pain with each step. " Those bones will be easy to fix. But those cuts. I have a balm that will help them to heal quickly , if you like i could lend you it."
Draco turned his head around and sighed. " Thankyou for caring Loop... una. But i really am okay. I just want to lie down. Thankyou."
"okay." i replied. " But Draco, I know it's bad, but try not to be so hard on Flint. The owls tell me he's been having a hard time lately. And there are so many nargles in his head. I tried to tell him, but he never listens."
Draco ignored me and continued to walk away. Softly muttering to himself "bloody git will get what he bloody deserves."
And then there was just me, alone in the quad. I took refuge under the tree which i had been sat under the entire day, and rested my back upon the arching trunk. The Sun had gone down by now, and stars where just starting to twinkle in the night sky. Just a few, but the air was still warm. And the smell of the flowers on the tree was wafting it's way through the air. It didn't take long for me to doze off into a light snooze. And it was under this tree that i had a most peculiar dream

**************************************************************************************************

Draco took my hand into his, and we gazed out towards the sunset, staring at the clouds.
" I love you luna Lovegood." He stated looking into my eyes.
i looked up into his and just saw pure love. Everything about him was perfect. The way his eyes could melt into mine, the way his jaw was so defined. The way his smile could stop time. I blinked and took his hands to my heart.
" I love you too Draco Malfoy"
I replied. And as he leaned in to me, i felt my body being pulled towards his, until our bodies met and his lips met mine.

***************************************************************************************************

I awoke feeling rather cold and shivering. The night had deeply set but it was too dark to see the clock to make out what time it was. What a strange dream that had been. Me and Draco Malfoy? Ludicrous. I tried to think of reasons why this dream would find it's way into my head as i stood up, shaking off the flowers that had fell from the tree and upon my skirt. " Must be the nargles" i said to myself. Making my way back into the castle.
♠ ♠ ♠
a humble beginning. I wonder what will happen next. Comment/subscribers would be fantastic. Ratings will be GREATLY appreciated. It's comments that keep me going. If you would like to be featured in this story as an "extra" or "one off" as such then please leave a comment along with this description. Name: house: feelings towards luna: appearance (eye colour/hair colour): interests(consider that fact that you are a wizard): i will try and fit you in. thankyou very much for reading. If you would like to be informed via message/commenting on your profile when i am updating chapters, then please post a comment on my profile. thankyou xoxox