Somebody Like You

One.

Lindy
You'd think walking away from everything is the hardest thing to mentally adjust to. In all reality, it was fairly easy.

My best friend, Rachel, and I are set out for Huntington Beach, California. Rachel had a few issues back in Pennsylvania with this (in my opinion) asshole that raped her and got her pregnant. Her almost 3 year old son, Aiden, is very quiet and content with himself. But he tends to be a little bit of a shit machine. He's the most beautiful child I've ever seen. The father may be a dick, but god..those two make beautiful kids. Anyway, little Aiden is tagging along in our 'adventure' to Huntington Beach.

When Rach was still pregnant, her and I went to an Avenged Sevenfold concert across the country in Arizona. That's where we decided to forget Pennsylvania, and head for HB. Around the time we were just getting into Nevada, Aiden decided to join us. Since the little shit was born, our first priority was making sure he was okay. He ate before we did, he slept before we did..you get the picture. Aiden was our number one and nothing would come between us three.

Somehow Rachel and I managed to get a motel room and jobs a few miles from Vegas. We had this great idea to save up money, buy tickets for a bus, and get to HB that way. That's exactly what we did. The night before we'd be on the bus, we packed what little we had, and put Aiden to bed for the night. We were so close to our new home.

The next day was hell trying to get all of our shit to the bus stop. When the bus rolled up, I noticed about six people on board. That's good considering we were the type to make fools out of ourselves. When we got on the bus, we quickly stashed our belongings in the appropriate areas and sat down. We sat in front of these two girls who were freaking out. Who knows why? They sounded like they just saw someone famous. Before I was completely satisfied with my seat, I glanced over my shoulder to see the group in the back.

Two huge men were sitting in front of two more heavily tattooed guys. Maybe the bigger guys were bodyguards? Well the one huge guy gave me a death-stare. I gave him a look and turned around. I looked over to my left to see Aiden and Rachel asleep. I wasn't sleeping until I knew who those two tattooed guys were, and why they needed bodyguards.

A few hours went by and the girls sitting behind us (Katie and Natalie, I believe I heard them say) got off the bus. I watched the door close, and looked over my shoulder again. The group was gone. Maybe I fell asleep for a while and missed them. Goddammit. Just then I felt a 'crash' from the seats behind Rachel, Aiden and I. I heard laughs that sounded vaguely familiar.

I got annoyed an whipped my head around and almost shit my pants. The laughter from them stopped as a set of chocolate brown, and stunning green eyes locked on me. They both had amazing smiles that instantly made me smile. In my head I thought of how much Rachel would KILL to be awake.

"Hey, I'm Zacky Baker." The green-eyed one said. He stuck out his hand and we shook hands. Zacky nudged the brown-eyed man and nodded at me.

"Uh, Hi. I'm Brian Haner" he paused. "uh..Junior." He smiled, but didn't want to shake hands.

"I know who you both are. My friend Rachel and I just saw your show in Arizona. I'm Lindy." I tried my best not to absolutely explode. When Zacky and Brian heard I was a fan, they both blushed. I noticed Zacky peeking over the seat next to me. He smiled when he saw Rachel and Aiden in Avenged Sevenfold shirts.

"I'm going to guess this is Rachel?" Zacky whispered. I nodded and he smiled. I noticed Brian was sort of shy. Which was weird because I always thought of him as a very outgoing person. I felt nails digging into my arm which caused me to wince. I turned around to see Rachel looking directly at Zacky and they were both smiling. I pulled my arm away, and noticed I was bleeding.

I stood up, and looked for a first aid kit. Brian must of noticed my little wound and stood up with me. He reached for my arm and lifted it up towards his face. He lead me to the front of the bus to ask the driver for a bandage. When Brian was finished playing "Doctor Gates" we both went back to our seats to see Zacky sitting next to Rachel. Aiden seemed to have made a new friend. Brian and I just sat down in the seats next to them.

"So what're you three going out to Huntington Beach for?" Brian made himself more comfortable.

"Oh, we sorta just left our old lives in Pennsylvania. We both have always wanted to live in Huntington Beach, so we decided to finally make that happen. Plus, Rachel got caught up with this guy..and that's how Aiden got here." I looked into his brown eyes for a second, then glanced out the window.

"Well, in that case" Brian looked over to Zacky, then back at me. "If you all need a place to stay, I'm sure the guys wouldn't mind sharing a house." He half smiled. There's something about his smile that just made me smile. It always had that affect on me.

"Oh, I don't think we could do that to you guys. It seems like too much to as-" I trailed off when I saw him look at me.

"It's fine, Lindy." He smiled. ..God. When he said my name, I almost wanted to die!

"Alright. Thanks Syn." Butterflies are in my damn stomach.

"Syn is just a stage name. Call me Brian." He winked.

"Alright, Thanks, Brian." I probably had the goofiest smile on my face. Brian and I talked for a while more until I started to get tired. He said I could lay my head on his shoulder, and I did. I quick looked over to see Zacky asleep with Rachel's head on his shoulder. Aiden was asleep in his new best friend's lap. I smiled and closed my eyes. I could only hope this wasn't a dream.
♠ ♠ ♠
here it is! :) my bestest buddy Rachel (lips of deceit) and I are working our asses off! so read this!! :)