Somebody Like You

Thirteen.

My eyes flew open. Brian and I were still on the couch. We were also naked. I sprinted to my room and closed the door. I grabbed jeans shorts, and my RAD tank and slipped it on. I opened the door to see Jimmy wearing a cape. He bolted by me as he chased little Aiden down the hallway. I smiled as the two pretended to destroy a city.

In the kitchen, Matt was making something that involved bacon. I could smell bacon from a mile away. I hugged him from behind. He jumped a little bit and turned around.

"Hey kid!" He hugged me.

"Is that bacon I smell, Mattie?" I peeked around his huge arms.

"Yes, Yes it is. Want some? I was making BLTs." He put the bacon on a plate for me to munch on. Just then, I bolted to the bathroom. I fumbled with the doorknob as I threw the door open and stuck my head in the toilet. I threw up my guts. Matt came in the bathroom behind me, and held my hair. I threw up again. I sat next to the toilet. I felt gross.

"Lindy, are you okay? Was it the bacon? I'm sorry." Matt said as he rubbed my back, and helped me up to the sink. I rinsed my mouth out, and Matt flushed the toilet.

"I think so, Matt. I don't know what that was." I turned off the water. That was gross.

"Come on." He picked me up bridal-style and carried me into the living room. "Just lay here, and I'll be right back." He put me down on the couch where Brian and I were earlier, and draped a blanket over me. He ran to the kitchen and came back with a glass of water and some pretzels.

"We can watch a movie, and you can just relax here." He sat at my feet, and put my feet on his lap.

"Thanks, Mattie." I smiled.

"It's no problem, girl." He patted my feet and turned on the TV.

~:+:~

"Windy." Something poked the back of my neck. "Windy." I recognized Aiden's voice. I rolled over to face him, and noticed he and Matt were next to me.

"We got you fwowers." He smiled. Just then Matt pulled out these beautiful yellow roses. I sat up and smiled and hugged Aiden.

"Thank you, baby." I took the flowers from Matt, picked a rose from the bouquet and gave it to Aiden.

"Go give this to your mommy, Aiden." His face lit up.

"Otay, Windy!" He ran off.

"How do you feel?" Matt scooted closer.

"A little better." I sniffed the roses.

"That's good." Matt scratched his head. There was sort of an awkward silence. Just then Rachel walked by.

"Rach! I have to talk to you!" She walked by, then came back.

"Huh, oh. Okay." I threw my blanket off, and walked by Matt. I looked over my shoulder.

"Thanks for the roses, Matt." He smiled and I looked back at Rachel. My face was a little red. She gave me a look.

"I'll tell you in a second." We walked to the back patio.

"Look. I think I like Matt." She gave me a look.

"What about Brian?"

"I don't know. Matt is sweeter than Brian. He's less tense." I scratched my head. "How are you and Zack?" Before she could answer, Aiden came running out of the house.

"Mommy! I have a pweasent for you!" He showed her the rose and Rachel picked him up.

"It's beautiful baby!" She kissed his cheek and he wiggled out of her arms.

"I'm gonna go pway wiff Jimmy, mommy." He said as he ran back inside. I love that little boy. Johnny ran into Aiden while opening the door and almost knocked Aiden over.

"Oops. Sowwy, Johnny!"

"It's cool, little man!" Johnny let him by as he came out.

"Hey, we were all gonna go out to dinner. We're leaving in an hour." Rachel and I nodded as we followed Johnny back into the house.

I saw Matt and Brian talking in the living room, and I quickly ran up the steps when they both looked at me. I walked into my room and to my closet. I sighed as I pushed clothes out of the way. I sat down and looked at the hanging shirts. I have nothing to wear. I dug around in the boxes that I had on the floor. I opened one of them. My eyes widened when I found my picture book.

On the cover it said just the two of us. with all kinds of decorations around it. I smiled as I looked at the picture of us in the middle. Inside the cover was a note that Jonas had written me a long time ago.

Baby,

I put this together for you. It may seem cheesy, but I want you to remember all of the moments we spent together. I love you. When I come back, we'll leave this place together. Just me and you. I'll see you soon, baby doll.

-Jonas


My eyes began to tear up.

-four years earlier-

I picked my pillows up from the floor, and put them on my newly made bed. I felt two warm arms wrap around my waist. I smiled. He kissed gently down my neck and onto my collar bone. I sighed and closed my eyes. I didn't want him to leave. I couldn't survive. No one else knew that he was leaving. We both told our friends that "our relationship wasn't going to work" and "we needed space." Snapping out of my thoughts, I realized the tears rolling down my cheeks.

"Baby." Jonas whispered into my ear.

"I'll be okay. I promise." He spun me around and hugged my waist. Instinctively my arms wrapped around his torso.

"Be safe, please." I mumbled into his chest. Just then, his phone went off. He reached into his pocket and answered.

"Hello? Yes, This is He. Yes, Sir. On my way, Sir." He hung up. "This is it, baby."

I clung to his chest again. I cried into his uniform. It was time. The time I feared. Possibly the last time I'd ever see him.

We walked to the door and he grabbed his duffel bag. Before he walked out of the house, he gave me a picture book.

"Here, baby. I'll always be here." I wiped away my tears as I kissed him one last time.

"I love you, Jonas." I cried.

"I love you, Lindy." He choked. He pulled away and walked to his truck. I hugged the picture book to my chest as my Marine started his truck and drove away.


I heard a knock at my door. I jumped and quickly slid the book under my bed. I wiped my tears and stood up.

"Come in." Jimmy opened the door.

"What's wrong?" He stepped inside.

"Nothing, Jim. I just can't find something to wear." I sniffled.

"I call bullshit." He sat on my bed and patted the spot next to him.

"What's wrong, Lindy?" I sighed and grabbed the picture book under my bed. I sat next to him and explained everything.

"Have you heard from him since?" Jimmy rubbed my back. I nodded and I flipped to the back of the book. I pulled a letter out of one of the pockets and let him read it.

"So, he should be coming back...this year?" I nodded.

"But I won't be there. he doesn't know that I moved..and what about Brian? Jesus Christ, Jimmy." I rested my head on his shoulder and cried.

"It'll be okay, Lindy. We'll figure something out."
♠ ♠ ♠
okay. i added on a little bit. school just started, so it'll be harder to get on..but i'll try my best! :3