Somebody Like You

Eight.

Rachel
I awoke to my phone ringing. I flipped it open, not bothering to see who was calling.
"Hello?" I answered groggily.
"Rachel. Glad you finally decided to talk to me."
I groaned. It was Nick.
"What the fuck do you want, Nick?"
"How's little Aiden doing? I'd love to see him sometime."
"Fuck you, Nick. I don't want to fucking talk to you," I growled.
"Oh, baby, please?"
I hung up. I didn't want to talk to that bastard right now.
I noticed that there was a blanket over Aiden and I. Zacky must have done that. I smiled at the thought. How did I go from being raped by an asshole to pretty much dating the man of my dreams? I sighed and went over to my bag and picked out an outfit. It was simple for me, skinny jeans and a black tank top with a hoodie over it. I was never very confident with my body, so it's rare for me to wear anything tight unless I have something over it.
Aiden was up at out of the room before I finished getting ready, undoubtedly to find his Uncle Jimmy. Those two were inseparable.
I walked downstairs and sat down on the floor, hiding my head in my knees to avoid the questioning gaze of my best friend. Zack came in soon after and pulled me into his arms. He was trying to cheer me up as best he could.
I looked back over to Brian, Lindy, Jimmy, and my son, only to see that they were all asleep. I took this as an opportunity to drag Zacky upstairs to my bedroom. I pulled out a box from under my bed.
"What's this, hun?" he asked, taking my hand in his.
I grabbed the one titled "Until The End" and opened it up. His eyes lit up when he saw a picture of two little girls holding signs that said "we can do it" and "girls are strong."
"Who's that?"
"Me and Lindy," I said with a smile. I flipped through the book, memories slapping me in the face. Seeing Lindy with blonde hair, reminding me of all the times we'd just dye each other's hair because we were bored. The picture of our hands making a heart at the beach, when we went to California with my parents the summer before our sixteenth birthdays. The times we went to Hersheypark, and the time we went to Hersheypark with my ex, Corey. Speaking of Corey...
I put that book away and took a different one. This one had the names Rachel Ann and Corey Brian in a heart on the cover. Zacky looked at me wearily. I opened it and smiled at the picture of the happy couple sitting on a hay bale.
"Is that you?" he asked, pointing to a picture of me and Corey sitting on the curb outside his house when we were about nine, each of us drinking a Heinekin. I smiled and nodded.
"We were quite the rebels," I said with a laugh.
Looking at the photo album had made me pretty sad. I missed Corey a lot more than I probably should have. I put this one back in the box and dug around for another. This one had the same cover as the last, only the names Lindy Ellen and Jonas Michael were engraved in it. I flipped to the first page and immediately smiled. Lindy and Jonas had been so damn cute together. If we hadn't moved to Vegas, I'm sure they'd still be together and maybe even married by now. But then I'd still be around Nick...and that was something that just wouldn't end well.
Zacky noticed my change in mood. "Hey, why don't we go and get some ice cream?"
I nodded. "I'd like that," I said, licking over my lips. I slipped on my red and black vans and jogged down the stairs. I shook Aiden slightly from his spot in Jimmy's arms. "Hey, buddy, we're going to get some ice cream, wake up." His face lit up like a house on fire and he wiggled out of Jimmy's grip. We went out to Zacky's car. I strapped Aiden in the back and sat patiently in the front waiting for Zacky, who was now walking out the door. He hopped in the driver's side and started the car, driving away to a small ice cream parlor along PCH. I unbuckled Aiden and helped him out the front of the car. As soon as I turned around and headed towards the window, I felt my heart drop at the sight of who stood there.
Nick.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait guys. I lost interest in writing for a while...but here's an update. It's horrible, I know, but I tired to give you plenty to hold you over until Lindy updates.

Comment, subscribe, tell your friends? :3