Somebody Like You

Nine.

Lindy

I had a decision to make. 1) I'd stay here with the man of my dreams, or 2) I'd go find my best friend, and her son, and see what's taking them so long. I got up from the couch and sighed. Walking into the kitchen, I couldn't help but feel a slight pang of anger. The same anger I felt when Rachel met up with Nick, after he knocked her up. I heard Brian walk into the kitchen. He laid his chin on my shoulder, and rubbed my back. Could he tell I was tense?

"Hey. Is everything okay, love?" I turned around, and my eyes automatically met up with his. I could see the worry in him. I felt lost. I wanted to spill everything on my mind, but somethings are better left untold, I suppose. For now at least.

"I need to go find Rachel and Aiden." I brushed my hand over his cheek.

"I think something is wrong." I stood up on my tip-toes to kiss his forehead before walking down the hallway. I ran up the steps, to my room, and locked the door behind me. I leaned my back against the door, and slid to the floor. If something was wrong, and Nick did find them again, shit would hit the fan.

Aiden would cling behind Jimmy and his mother, while Nick would be screaming at her. I couldn't just stand by like last time. This was the final straw. I put on my converse, grabbed my hoodie, and yanked open my door only too see Brian ready to leave with me. I smiled and we both ran to his car.

We were speeding down every street looking for any sign of the people I cared so much about. Finally, we saw a bright red car, which I recognized as Zacky's. Brian didn't even bother to stop at the red light. He pulled into the parking lot of a small ice cream shop and I burst out of the car and over to my best friend. She looked pale and scared. Zacky was staring at a figure about ten feet away.

"Zack." Brian said.

"Put Aiden in the car." Zacky grabbed Aiden from his mother's side and rushed him into the car. He was back and beside Rachel. I looked at Brian, and turned around to see the fucker I swore I'd kill if I had the chance. Nick. I wanted to sprint my ass over to him and rip him apart limb by limb, but there was something about my new family keeping me back. Brian grabbed my hand and I exhaled.

"Who's that?" Brian whispered.

"Nick." Rachel and I said in unison. Just before anything else could happen, Nick started walking towards us. I let go of Brian's hand, as Nick smiled and waved at Rachel. I suddenly burst into a sprint towards the man I hated. I stopped about three inches from his face.

"You take one more step towards her, or Aiden, it will be the end of you. I fucking mean it this time, Nick. Don't test me." I spat through my teeth and clenched my fists. Nick looked surprised to see me. I still noticed the scar on his forehead from the last time we interacted.

"Lindy, baby, you haven't changed a bit. However, there is so much rage built up in your beautiful eyes, it's almost unlike you. I must say, I like the feisty side of you." He said with a shit eating grin on his face. He started to push by me, when I snapped. I grabbed him by the shoulder and threw a nice right hook to his jaw, sending him to the ground.

I put my knee in his chest, and was going to start swinging again, but I felt a set of strong arms lift me away. I was set down in front of my best friend. The man I loved, walking toward the man we both hated. Nick stood up and tried to run past Brian, but was thrown to the ground again.

I went to comfort Aiden. I opened the car door with bloody knuckles and tried my best to calm the two year old. I looked toward my friend and in my line of vision, I saw Nick standing up in Brian's face. Brian just pushed him over and walked away. Rachel told him to come sit with me and Aiden in the car.

Before Brian could say anything, I heard Aiden laugh. He pointed towards Nick. Brian and poked our heads out of the car, to see Jimmy dumping ice cream all over Nick. Brian and I smiled, knowing Jimmy had to throw himself into this any way he could. Nick screamed at Jimmy to get away, but Jimmy held is ground. Nick was starting to get heated and that's when Zacky stepped in.

Zacky walked right up to Jimmy's side and whispered something to him. Jimmy walked back to Rachel, and pulled her to the sidewalk to talk. Aiden was laughing quite loud, and Nick glared at him. Zacky noticed and threw a nice punch to Nick's jaw, sending him to the ground.

didn't i tell you..shit hit the fan.
♠ ♠ ♠
my character simply had to throw the first punch. that's just who i am. ;) Jimmy probably did the most damage with that icecream. xD
i'll get Rachel to update. please spread the word about this. it needs lovin'. :3
pre-subscribe to my new story, pwease. :3 i'll put the first chapter up this weekend.