Status: In Progress.

The Madness Within

One.

Arabella Black stood nervously outside number twelve, Grimmauld Place. She hadn’t been here before, nor had she properly met her father, as he was thrown in Azkaban when she was merely a toddler. Her stomach was churning as Dumbledore patted her reassuringly on the shoulder and smiled down at her. Arabella’s stomach flipped as she heard the commotion from outside; there was shouting and roaring laughter. She glanced nervously at Dumbledore as he grinned mischievously back at her, seeing the terror in her gleaming, emerald eyes.

Dumbledore lead her by the hand up to the front porch. The door swung open, revealing a long hallway lit up by a huge chandelier situated in the middle of the ceiling. Many gas lamps were hung neatly in rows on both sides of the walls in between the strips of filthy wallpaper that was peeling off. Arabella made a face, causing Dumbledore to chuckle, telling her to quietly pass her grandmother, Walburga Black’s sleeping portrait. In the passing to the dining room, there was a young, ginger girl throwing dungballs at the dining room door. It seemed to be charmed; ripples of blue appeared every time there was a ball thrown at the entrance.

“Ginny, my dear, I don’t think your mother would be very amused if she caught you.” Dumbledore laughed after clearing his throat.

The girl’s face grew pale as her brown eyes bulged at the site of Dumbledore. She was apologizing profusely before he silenced her. He flicked his wand and the dungballs rose from the floor to the top landing. She thanked him before scuttling up the stairs to dispose of the evidence. Arabella giggled as the older wizard uncharmed the door as he stepped inside gracefully. He pulled Arabella into the kitchen, and everyone was silenced as they took in the young witch.

“I would like to introduce you all to Miss Arabella Black.” Dumbledore announced proudly, a grin evident in his voice.

Sirius stood up, his mouth gaping as he looked at his daughter. Even after fifteen years, Arabella could still tell who her father was. Tears welled in her eyes as Sirius ran toward her, pulling her into a tight embrace. A few tears escaped as he cupped her face with his hands, and she grabbed his hand with her own as more tears rolled down her pale face. Arabella’s bottom lip trembled as she smiled, looking into her father’s gray eyes. She wrapped her arms around him as he stroked her long, curly, black locks.

“She looks like you, Sirius.” a wizard said happily. He was sitting across from Dumbledore, his face covered in cuts and scars. There were also bags under his eyes. “I don’t suppose you remember me, Arabella?”

She shook her head. Looking more closely at the wizard, his light brown, untamed hair seemed familiar, as did his eyes. She could remember them from somewhere. Arabella sat down in an unoccupied chair, her head leaning on her hand as she looked at him. The wizard shifted uncomfortably in his seat.

“I got it!” Arabella squealed, snapping her fingers. “You’re Uncle Moony, Remus Lupin!”

“Well done!” Lupin chuckled. “Come around here and give me a hug.”

Arabella stood up with a massive grin on her face, quickly scurrying around the large dining table to hug Lupin. He welcomed her with open arms as she squeezed him. He chuckled softly before releasing her. She then sat down on his left side, as there was a witch with a very bright color of pink hair sitting on his right with a focused expression.

“Oh yes, Arabella, this is Remus’ girlfriend, Nymphadora!” Sirius exclaimed, pointing to the bright haired witch.

Just as her father said that, Nymphadora’s hair turned a fiery red color as her nostrils flared with anger.

“How many times, Sirius!? How many bloody times must I tell you!? Do not call me Nymphadora!” the young witch shouted at Sirius, her eyes turning to a flaming red too. “Arabella, my dear, call me Tonks, please.”

“T-T-Tonks, are you a Metamorphagus!?” Arabella gasped in awe.

“Yep,” Tonks grumbled, her hair and eyes colour returning to the pink they had been before.

“Oh, I see. I’m an Animagus, like my father.” Arabella whispered, sinking back in the old chair, making it squeak.

Sirius stared at her once more in disbelief, and then asked her to show him. Arabella felt a little uncomfortable as all eyes were on her. Arabella stood up and moved away from the dining table, closing her eyes as she concentrated on her objective, her tongue stuck out of the right side of her mouth. There was a whispering wind around her as she transformed into her Animagus form, a raven-black Maine Coon cat with a hint of the darkest of blues, her forward left paw was plain white.

The whole room stared at her as she eyed them with her emerald green eyes, jumping up onto the table, which caused a middle-aged, plump, ginger haired witch to screech. She quickly apologized and explained dinner would be held shortly and that she didn’t want cat hair all over the table.

There was whispering winds again as she changed back into her human form, causing everyone to clap. Arabella giggled, blushed furiously, and sat back down.

“Oh, my dear, I still haven’t introduced myself! I am Molly Weasley; my husband, Arthur, will be back soon with Harry, of course.” The middle-aged witch sighed with a loving smile. “If there’s anything you need, feel free to ask for it, dear! I already consider you family.”

At that, she pulled Arabella into a bone crushing hug. She wheezed as Molly let her go, clutching her sides with a massive grin on her face. She thanked Molly for being so kind and pecked her cheek. Just then, Dumbledore stood up and announced it was time to bid them all goodnight, as he had a meeting at Hogwarts. They all said their goodbyes and wished him luck, and Arabella escorted him to the door, thanking him for reuniting Sirius and herself. Dumbledore smiled softly, telling her it was his greatest pleasure.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello. :)
I have big plans for this story, I'm excited.
I'm not sure about the layout though.
I didn't make the banner at the top, I found it on google, if it's yours and you don't mind me using it, message me and I shall credit you. :)♥