Status: In Progress.

The Madness Within

Three.

The room was quiet, very quiet, you’d be able to hear even the most incoherent whispers, Arabella shifted uncomfortably where she stood facing The Dark Lord himself, her mother stood by her side clutching her with such a might she could barely breathe, refusing to let her be part of the Death Eaters. The Lord looked utmost displeased with her decisions.

“My dear, I know who you are. You’re going to die and she’s going to be my follower.” He chuckled, fingering his wand gently.

“No! She will not be part of this sadistic cult, she’s just a child!” Elisa said calmly, her grip tightening on her daughter.

“I know what you are!” He snarled furiously as the Death Eaters looked between one another. “You’re an Auror! You filthy, lying, deceiving, half blooded, waste of magical abilities! How dare you come into the Malfoy’s home and gain our trust! Spilling all our secrets to The Ministry, the stupid oafs won’t know what hit them when I attack!”

“The Ministry will take you down, if not them then, Harry Potter will destroy you, Tom. It’s in the prophecy! He’s done it more than once, escaped your brilliant plans and left you weak and useless!” Elisa laughed. “You’re not so great; you’re a pathetic, power hungry, sadistic fool!”

“HOW DARE YOU TALK TO ME LIKE THAT!? ME OF ALL PEOPLE, THE MOST POWERFUL WIZARD OF ALL TIME, I AM LORD VOLDEMORT AND YOU WILL DIE!” Voldemort cried manically, “you’ll rue the day to spoke to me like that, filthy little mudblood. Crucio!”

Elisa’s body fell to and began thrashing around on the cold, stone floor, she was withering, trying not to scream. Arabella’s eyes began to water as she stood and watched her mother slowly die, beads of sweat began to form on Elisa’s forehead as she trembled; Voldemort had taken off the curse and let her be.

“Now, to finish you off, I’ll get your sweet little daughter to do it for me. She’s got it in her, I know she has.” Voldemort sang, grinning as he looked at Arabella.

She glanced at her mother, rolling around her emerald eyes gleaming with tears, mouthing ‘I’m sorry, I love you.’ Arabellla was screaming as he put her under the Imperius curse, she fought and fought with all her might, as she drew out her wand from her left leather boot. Arabella’s eyes spilled over with tears as she stepped closer to her mother, looking her straight in the eyes.

“Have you got any last words, Mudblood?” Voldemort spat.

“Yes, I have. Albus Dumbledore is the most powerful wizard of all time. Don’t you forget it,
Tom.” Elisa panted, tears running down her face, dripping onto the stone floor. “I love you, Arabella. I love you so much, this isn’t your fault I’m so sorry baby. I didn’t want to put you through all this, I’m so sorry, remember I love you!”

“I love you too, mum. I’m sorry, please forgive me.” Arabella sobbed, trying to pull her wand away from her mother.

“Enough of this foolishness, Avada Kedavra.” Voldemort screamed as a jet of blinding green light erupted from the tip of Arabella’s wand, her mother’s body grew still and pale, her once glistening green eyes became lifeless and dim.
~
Arabella sat bolt upright, her body covered in a cold sweat, her sheets entangled with her thrashing body, she tied to wipe her eyes from the tears that were falling freely. A sob emitted itself through her throat as she pulled her knees close to her chest as she cried loudly, soaking her pyjamas right through.

A pair of arms wrapped themselves around Arabella’s shoulders; she looked up to see George looking down at her sympathetically, as he rubbed her back soothingly. She melted into his chest, gripping his vest tightly as tears fell silently from her eyes.

George was whispering sweet little nothings in to her hair, trying to calm her down the best he could, Arabella suddenly felt very embarrassed with herself and pulled away; wiping her eyes, she shifted away from him. George gave her a concerned look before getting up; she grabbed his arm before trying to speak.

“I’m sorry.” She croaked as George sat back down, wrapping his arm around her protectively.

“No need to be sorry, Bella.” George said sadly, holding her hand in his.

“I’m scared to go back to sleep, I don’t want another nightmare.” Arabella whimpered, shaking a little.

“I’m pretty wide awake now too; do you want to go watch the sun rise?” George chuckled.

“I’d like that.” Arabella smiled, taking his hand.

George’s heart was beating ferociously in his chest; as they lay on the grass in the back garden, still holding hands. George was confused that such a small friendly gesture had such a massive impact on his emotions; he needed to have a long chat with Fred about this, whatever this was.

He glanced at Arabella her eyes were fixated on the peaking sun; her lips were parted slightly, her eyes glistening with contentment. George began to blush furiously as she caught him staring at her; she giggled and edged closer to him.

They rolled onto their sides looking into each others eyes; George’s free hand cupped her cheek as his thumb grazed her pale skin softly. She smiled softly and shifted closer to him even more, they could feel each other’s breath on their lips. George’s was heavier and shallow as it hitched in his throat, he dipped his head down going to kiss her just as –

“GEORGE WEASLEY!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi. I have nothing worthy of writing here, goodbye. ♥