Status: In Progress.

The Madness Within

Five.

When reaching Diagon Alley the first place Ron, Harry and Hermione dragged Arabella to was Madame Menagerie to buy her animal to take to Hogwarts. The shop was cramped, smelly and every inch of wall was covered with animal cages. Arabella stared in awe of all the animals from poisonous orange snails, giant jewel encrusted tortoise, Puffskeins, even a transforming rabbit or two and all kinds of varieties of rats, owls and cats.

That’s when Arabella saw the kitten she immediately fell in love with, he could fit in the palm of her hand with bright golden, walnut shaped eyes, fluffy bright ginger fur with a straight, slightly bushy tail. He was the most beautiful creature Arabella had ever laid eyes on; she strode over to his cadge pushing past Ron and Hermione bickering about his owl’s feathers.

Arabella looked at the tiny animal with her big green eyes, the kitten timidly made his way forward, putting his left paw on the cage to touch her hand, she grinned as she turned around, bumping into Harry.

“Sorry.” He mumbled quietly, spinning around.

“Hey, I’m sorry about snapping at you. I just don’t know how I feel right now…” Arabella sighed. “It was wrong of me to snap, I shouldn’t have taken my frustrations out on you, and I was in the wrong not you.”

“Arabella it’s okay, I know how you feel. I’m always here if you need to talk.” Harry smiled, pulling her into a hug. “Now, is that the kitten you want?”

Nodding as she pulled away the elderly wizard emerged from the room behind the counter, he looked very cheerful, he had a massive smile on his face as he gave Ron something for his owl’s feathers. Arabella made her way to the desk quickly, knocking over a stand of owl feed causing the owls to hoot loudly.

“I want that kitten, the little ginger Munchkin one.” Arabella said quickly as the wizard waved his wand, fixing the fallen stall.

“Are you sure my dear? He’s a little vicious, never liked anyone, everyone’s always scared of him. The little tyke has been through the wars so he has, he was the only of his litter to survive, saw his mother and siblings slaughtered by Death Eaters. But one rescued him and brought him here, clawed up the boy pretty bad.” The wizard explained frowning for the first time. “Gave me some nasty scars on my hands, I'm not taking the little bugger out, I’ve had enough of his shenanigans.”

“I don’t care. I can relate to him more than you realise, let me have him.” Arabella said curtly. “Open the cage.”

“Fine, fine.” The wizard yawned, flicking his wand in the direction of the kitten’s cage, the door flew open and Arabella ran to him.

The kitten sniffed her hand before placing his paws on top of her hand and jumping on, Arabella smiled again as she held the tiny ball of fur between her hands as she showed him to her friends. They all cooed as she ruffled the tufts of fur on his head, giggling as she put him into the small cage and paying the shop keeper.

When they left the shop Hermione was poking her fingers through the gaps in the cage, playing with the kitten until she screeched and yanked her hand away from the bars on the basket, her hand was bleeding and she was squealing as she put her cut to her mouth. Harry pulled her hand from her mouth and muttered a spell, pointing his wand at her cut; it vanished almost instantly.

Arabella scolded her kitten as she reached Florean Fortescue’s Ice Creame Parlour, where the four were reunited with the rest of the group inside, Arabella had found Mrs Weasley had gotten money from her mother’s savings vault and bought her all her equipment for the school year. She thanked Mrs Weasley with a peck on the cheek, who dismissed her.

“What animal did you get then, Bella?” George asked before putting a mouthful of ice-cream into his mouth, Arabella looked down as she felt her cheeks heat up.

“She got a vicious little git!” Ron hissed. “The little blighter cut Hermione’s hand open, Harry had to fix it with his wand.”

“Ronald, it was my fault. I was teasing him through the bars of the cage; the wizard did say he was very resentful and untrusting. I should have listened.” Hermione defended, glaring at Ron.

“He’s adorable though.” Harry quickly added grinning. “He could pass as a Weasley.”

Arabella quickly opened the cage and picked the kitten up and showed everyone, there was a chorus of coos as she petted him softly.

“Harry’s right, he’s got the same hair.” Ginny giggled. “What have you decided to call him?”

“I think you should name him after us.” Fred and George said together.

“Like what? Forge, Gred?” Arabella chuckled as the kitten purred into her hand happily.

“I actually think you should call him Tiger, because he has the markings of one.” George smiled, reaching out and petting his head.

“I think he likes you and that name.” Arabella smiled, meeting George’s eyes.

“I think he li-" George started but was cut off by a familiar voice calling her name behind her as a hand was placed on her shoulder.

“Arabella? Is that you?” They asked as she turned around.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi, hi. :3
Idek, I thought since she's an animagus she should have a special cat that she can communicate with. I made it ginger because of George, hehehehe. Notice how he only liked George? sjdbjfbdsjf shhh.
But anyway, who do you think is behind Arabella? HMMM.
I've had a lot of cherry juice, forgive me. ♥