Kyundra Circus

Emilee's First Day

I rocked myself back and forth repeatedly, trying to cope with the screams from the audience. It didn't help how loud they could get, or how if I messed up even a tiny bit I could die. Something was off about this place too. I never wanted this for myself. I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd end up here.

In the cover of my eye, I caught a boy staring at me. He looked so tired and worn out, I couldn't help but give a small smile to him. Observing my surroundings I searched for the exits as always. I knew I'd never be able to leave this place, but it didn't hurt to know how to escape. It was sad that I just got here, and was already looking for a way out. Did anyone else feel this way? Trapped, empty, looking for anything that gives them that spark? All I want is to feel at home here, but it's not possible. I don't think I'll ever feel safe here, all I have is my little closet of a dressing room.

My thoughts flooded my head, battling against each other and screaming their loudest. The only thing that kept me from tearing myself apart right then and there was a gentle tap on the shoulder. I looked up to see the guy staring straight into my eyes. I examined him from head to toe burning every detail into my memory. A smile formed onto my lips as I looked up.

"Here to welcome me like the rest of them?" My voice dripped with sweetness, putting on a mask of happiness. "I think I really will like it here, everyone seems so nice. We're all like a big family." I continued when no response was given.

The idea never came to me until now to make friends, or allies. I would need all the help I get to survive here. I needed to know the ropes to this place, and the people here where going to have to show me. As I met his gaze, I noticed his eyes looked so empty. He seemed almost lifeless. My voice softened as I felt a surge of need to protect him, to care for him. "What's your name? I'm Emilee, but you can call me Ems. Everyone else does."

He gave a small smile back, softly murmuring, "Ty." His hands felt big and warm as they enveloped my small cold ones. My smile grew wider as I knew this was my first friend, and I planned on keeping him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, so I haven't slept in two days straight. And I was bored and couldn't sleep so if it doesn't make any sense and it sucks I'M SORRY I'LL DO A BETTER VERSION LATER.