Ariana Potter

Chapter 5

After walking for quite some time and being held up by a mischievous poltergeist who likes to throw objects at passing people, Percy and the group of Gryffindor first years arrived at a portrait of a fat lady wearing a pink silk dress.

“Password?” The portrait asked.

Caput Draconis” After Percy said those two words the portrait swung open to reveal an opening. Ariana and the rest of the first years made a mental note to remember that password or else they would not be able to get into their dorms…
Percy led the group through the opening and into a circular room known as the Gryffindor common room. The group of first years looked around excitedly. The room was decorated in the Gryffindor colors which were scarlet red and gold and filled with squishy armchairs and couches of the same color. The room was lit by a roaring fireplace along with small lanterns and torches placed around the room. Percy cleared his throat to gain the attention of the eleven year olds.

“The Boys dormitory is through this door,” He said pointing to one of the doors leading off the common room. “And the girls through that one,” This time he pointed to the other. He didn’t say anything else after that he just walked away. After Percy left the group of first years separated and went to their respected dorms. The first year girls included Ariana, Skye, Hermione and a two other girls named Parvarti Patil and Lavender brown, Whom Ariana has not met before but remembered them from the sorting. The five girls made their way up the spiral staircase until they happened across a door with ‘first years’ written on it. Skye, who was in front, opened the door and the other girls followed in behind her. The room was much like the common room in shape but in the place of the armchairs and couches were five four poster beds placed around the room and nightstands beside each. In front of each bed were their trunks along with robes that had their house color on them and scarfs in the Gryffindor colors. The other girls wanted to chat and unpack their things but Ariana did not feel like doing any of that. It had been a long day and she was tired. Ariana changed out of her robes and into her PJs, which she had struggled to find in her trunk, and started to get into the bed which would be hers for the next 7 years. But before she could one of girls she has not met tapped her on the shoulder. It was Lavender Brown.

“You’re going to bed already?” She asked Ariana.

“Yes. It’s been a long day and I’m tired. Plus classes start tomorrow and I want to get up early so I can have time to find my classes without being late….” Ariana explained.

“Oh…well I’m Lavender.”

“Ariana.”

“I know I remember you from the sorting! Can I ask you a question?” Lavender asked.

“Sure.”

“Are you by any chance related to Harry Potter?”

“No, I never met the boy in my life” Ariana said. She expected to be asked this question seeing as she had the same last name as an apparently very famous boy.

“Oh, well just thought I’d ask. Goodnight.” Lavender said and went back over to talk with Parvarti. Ariana climbed into her bed and closed the curtains around her bed trying to drown out the sound of the talking, giggling girls known as her roommates for the next 7 years.

“Ariana!” Ariana heard her name being called and felt someone shaking her. She opened her eyes and saw Skye. She looked around and noticed that it was just her and Skye in the room.

“Where’s everyone else?” Ariana asked.

“They already went down to breakfast, which is where we should be. Get dressed. I’ll be down in the common room.” Skye said before disappearing from the room. Ariana got up and took her school uniform and robe and walked out of the room in search of the shower. Luckily an older student was passing by and showed her the way. After getting dressed she walked downstairs to the common room where Skye was waiting for her.

“Ready?” She asked. Ariana nodded and the two girls left the common room for the great hall.

5 minutes later

“I thought you said you remembered which way the prefect led us last night!” Ariana said to Skye who just a few minutes ago told Ariana that she knew the way.

“I’m pretty sure it was this way” Skye said has they turned down another hall which was just as unfamiliar as the last one.

“We’re lost…” Ariana said.

“No we are not. Just watch. We will be at the great hall before you know it!” Skye said not wanting to admit that she had gotten them both lost. After about 10 more minutes of endless walking and turning down different hallways Skye stopped. “Alright…we’re lost…”

“Now you admit it?!” Ariana asked. Skye laughed nervously. “Come on let’s go back the way we came maybe we’ll find someone to help us.” Ariana suggested. Skye nodded in agreement. Ariana turned around only to run into someone or something causing her to fall to the ground. Ariana looked up and saw the potions master glaring down at her. Ariana quickly got up and backed away next to Skye who had backed away herself.

“Shouldn’t you two be in the great hall?” He asked the two frightened girls.

“We were on our way sir, but we got lost” Skye said. Professor Snape looked at the two girls.

“Follow me…” Was the only thing he said before turning around and walking away? Skye and Ariana were a bit confused but quickly followed Professor Snape but not so closely. After walking for about 5 minutes they arrived at the Great Hall.

“Thank you, sir” Ariana said to the potion master.

“Try not to get lost again.” He said coldly before heading to the staff table.

“Was I the only one creeped out?” Skye asked. Ariana shook her head.

“I’m suddenly not looking forward to potions.” Ariana said. Ariana and Skye sat down at the seats. They decided to just eat some toast since they were late and probably wouldn’t have time to eat anything else. Soon after they sat down Professor McGonagall came around and passed out timetables.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello! Long time no see eh? I'm really sorry for not updating this story in a while! I started this chapter a while ago but my laptop decided to stop working and I had to reset it back to factory settings which meant I lost it! :( But don't worry! It's here now! This chapter is a bit boring. Its more like a filler chapter really. Next chapter is classes and a first real meeting with a certian boy who lived! I know you're waiting for Harry to become a big part of the story but I really don't want to rush it! I really don't like stories where a main character has a twin and by the second or third chapter it'd be like "OMGZ I HAVE TWIN?!!!" and all of sudden they are like bff and attached at the hip...-__- The same goes with romance stories. I hate rushed stories like that. I'm sorry for the rant I just wanted to explain why i'm not going to rush into them finding out about each other and her falling for draco and vice versa. Enjoy this chapter and hopefully the next one will be out soon! and possibly longer cause this was kind of short don't you think?

Also someone or some people reported this story because of the layout made it unreadable....It looked fine to me but I changed it....hopefully its readable now.