Status: In the writing process while I juggle school :) Updates will not be as fast as over the summer.

Tell Me You Love Me

First Date Is Always a Challenge

Finally the car stops, the radio is off, and I heard the keys being ejected from the ignition.

"We're here!" John exclaims. I started to reach for my blindfold until John grabs my hand to stop me. "Not yet," he told me.
"Then when can I take it off?" I asked impatiently yet excite was in my voice. I heard him chuckle. Oh how I hate not being able to see.
"When I let you," he said. "which is when you are able to guess where we are." I heard his car door open and close and heard mine open. I felt a nice breeze. He took my hand and slowly led me out.

"Watch your-"
"OWW!" I yelled.
" -head." John stroked my head. I felt him change positions from next to me to behind me. He took both my arms and whispered into my ear. "Now step forward."

I slowly took a step and John followed. This continued for five minutes, since I did walk slower than a snail. "Now...stop." he whispered. I obeyed.

He moved positions again, but this time he left me.
"Uhh, John?" I called.
"Just wait, Sam." I heard him say. I seriously cannot be trusted being alone, considering how much of a klutz I am, especially blindfolded. I waited and waited and waited... he hasn't returned yet. I started walking around.

I tripped and started falling. Soon I was caught. "I told you to stay still." I heard John say.
"No." I protested. "You just told me to wait." I love being a smartass. "What took you so long, though?" I asked.
"I had to finish your surprise," he told. He led me through the door. I smelled pizza, soda, burned rubber, and I heard a small animated sound. I know this place.

"May I start guessing?" I asked.
"Sure, but can you guess correctly?" he asked. So it's a challenge he wants?
"If I guess correctly," I stated, "you have to buy pizza. Vise-versa if I'm wrong."
"You're on." he said. Without hesitation I said the answer.

"Tim's Arcade and Go-Kart Derby."
"How the hell did you know that?" he asked with astonishment.
"I grew up in this place," I said. "everyone here knows me!" He wrapped his arms around my waist and held me close.

"May you please take off this blindfold?" I asked.
"Sure." he said while slowly untying the knots. "Now, I bet you can't beat me in go-karts." he stated. I raised an eyebrow ad gave him a smug look.
"Is this another challenge?" I asked.
"Loser buys ice cream." he smiled back. I started to run towards the go-karts and jumped inside.
"You are ON!" I called. He laughed and jumped into his own go-kart. We went on for about 3 laps until he beat me.

"Dammit John!" I yelled teasingly. He couldn't help but smile.
"My favorite flavor is rainbow sherbet," he said. I laughed and got out of the car. We went to the attached diner and ordered some ice cream. We sat down at a booth and started to talk.

"So Sam," he said.
"So John," I replied.
"Where do you go to school?"
"Well I am currently on spring break, and I don't think much about school while on break," I said with a smug.
"Fine, what are you doing after spring break?" I have to answer that.
"I'm going back to being a junior at Reagan High School," I sighed. I am not a big fan of school; well who is exactly?
"What about you?" I asked.
"I'm finished with tour so I'm thinking about going back to my old school."
"Where's that?" I questioned. John gave a small chuckle.
"Only one question per turn," he sang. "What about this place is special to you?"

Interesting question. "Well," I began, "I went here almost everyday after school with Adam. This is also the place my parents met. That, over there," I pointed to the booth ahead of us, "is where I threw up on my brother."
John laughed. "Interesting childhood."

We finished our ice cream and walked around the arcade. I saw my favorite game. Skee Ball.
"Wanna play?" I asked.
"On what grounds?" John asked. Everything became bets and challenges to us. That made our relationship special. This time, I was out of ideas. John noticed my complications.

"How about, loser kisses winner?" he suggested.
"You're on," I said. I grabbed a ball and he followed.
"On three," I called. "One-"
"Two-" John followed.
"Three!" We started. Nine balls later, we checked the scoreboard.

Me: 14,500 John: 13,900

John looked at me. "Looks like you won,"
"Which means you lost," I stated as he took a step closer to me.
"I guess I have to pay up," he whispered. John leaned in and kissed me. It was soft, sweet, and tender. He pulled away and smiled. I smiled back.

"It's almost midnight," he said. "We should head out." I nodded.
John took my hand and we made our way through the door. This night was amazing.
We hopped into John's car and he told me that Adam said to bring me home by one. We still had an hour to kill.
"Take me home," I said. He looked sad but I reassured him, "I have something to show you there! This date's not over." He smiled and started the car.

***
We went through the front door. I saw my brother watching some Will Ferrel movie. John and I greeted him.

"We'll be on the roof," I told him. Adam knows why since he always catches me up there a lot. John looked confused.
"Trust me, you'll like this surprise," I said. I took John's hand and led him to my room.
"Nice room," he complemented. I already guessed he saw all my band posters and calendar which was marked with dates of tours, CD releases, ect. I'm committed to music and the bands I listen to.

I grabbed blankets and a map. "Follow me," I said. I climbed out of my window which led to the roof. John soon came out. I unfolded my blankets and placed them gently on the roof making sure they wouldn't blow away.

John and I lay on our backs and looked up into the clear sky which was filled with stars. I grabbed my map and opened it as I placed my head on John's chest.

"That right there," I pointed to the sky, "is Orion's belt" I felt his arm wrap around my shoulders. I pointed out more constellations with the help of my map as John played with my hair.

"It's 1:30!" I heard Adam called. We jumped up to the sound of his voice.

"Well I guess that's my cue to leave." John insisted. I got up and helped him up.
We collected all my stuff and climbed back into my window.
"We should do this again," I said.
"We should," John replied. I walked him down to the door and said good-bye. "I call you later," he told me.
"You do that," I smiled. He went back to the car and I closed the door after I was unable to see his car.

I declared this night/morning (since it's almost 2:00 A.M.), the best night/morning ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
One of my favorite chapters :) Hope you enjoyed this!