Status: Currently writing.

To the Stage

Chapter 1

Nichole bobbed her head up and down to the beat of the band’s music. She looked on in awe as five men were doing what they do best on stage and as she peered to the crowd, she could see the crowd enjoying the music as much as she is. Her heart was filled with pride. Asking Alexandria has slowly made their way to become a household name in the hardcore music world, and she was proud to call them her friends.

She looked at James, who was hitting hard at his drum set, never missing a beat. Sam’s working his bass guitar as Cameron provided the rhythm guitar sounds. Nichole’s best friend, Danny was screaming and singing the songs he and his band mates wrote at the same time, working the crowd earning lots of screams from the crowd. And finally, Nichole’s blue eyes settled on the lead guitarist, Ben. His fingers went up and down his guitar’s fret board and her heart skipped a beat as she wonders how a man could look so sexy while playing the guitar on stage.

And as though he could read her minds, he turned around and his eyes met hers as the band paused in between songs. He flashed her favourite smirk towards her direction and she felt her cheeks flush red as she blushed. He smiled before turning around to start off the next song.

She had a grin plastered to her face as she continued looking at her boyfriend doing what he loves the most; playing music.

If it weren’t for Ben, she wouldn’t be here. Ben helped he go through the toughest time in her life. She met her mum after 5 years just to see her die of cancer. Nichole was a train wreck afterwards, didn’t talk much and refused any forms of social interactions. All the while, Ben was there for her. He cried with her when her mum died, he consoled her when he finds her crying her eyes out, and tries to cheer her up whenever she’s down.

Nichole was scared of love; she refused to accept the fact that she was falling for Ben. Her mother walked out on her when she needed her most and her father beat the shit out of her every single day. Her father was a monster, her mother was a coward. Where’s the love there?

Then Ben came into her life, at time when she needed him the most. He proved to her that he’s worthy of receiving her love. They’ve been together for almost a year now and one thing is perfectly clear: she has never felt this strongly about a man before.

When the band finished their set, she stood to the side as the crew filed in, getting their instruments to bring it back stage. She made her way to the band’s dressing room and sat on the couch, waiting for the band. 10 minutes later, the band came bursting into the room, still high on their previous show.

“Fuck yeah, that was awesome!” Danny exclaimed. Nichole grinned and he looked at her. “How was our show?”

He would always ask the same question whenever the band’s finished their set. “It was awesome, as always, boys,” she replied genuinely. The boys really know how to put up a show.

She stood up and walked towards Ben who held his arms out. He was sweating, but she didn’t care. A sweaty Ben looked sexy as hell anyways. “Great show, Ben,” she said.

“That’s because I’m awesome, but we all know that already,” he said and she punched him playfully. He chuckled and planted a kiss on her forehead. That simple gesture of love from him made her heart flutter wildly.

The band then quickly washed up and Nichole went to the band’s merch booth where she designed most of the band’s merch. The band was going to do a meet and greet session at the booth and she has to set the booth for the band. She instructed someone to line two tables and 5 chairs for the band, and already, she could see a line forming with kids wanting to see their favourite band.

About 20 minutes later, the band emerged and the kids erupted with screams as their favourite band sat at the table. The queue became longer and slowly one by one they had their few seconds with their favourite band. Nichole stood at the side and looked on.

Then it was the turn of this blonde haired girl, wearing only her bikini top that looked as though it was a size smaller for her huge tits paired with a pair of shorts. She came to the table, and the band signed her posters and her album. Nichole have seen these kind of fans before. She usually brushed it off but this time, it was different.

The girl walked over slowly, in an attempt to seduce the boys Nichole’s eyes glued on to her movements. Nichole knows that the girl would only see her as one of the girls working under the band, but of course, she didn’t know what Nichole meant to the band. She wasn’t just another merch girl. The band treated her like family, and she the same.

So when the girl asked Ben to sign her chest, she could feel her body slowly flushing red with anger. Ben stood up and leaned forward and she whispered something to his ear and he laughed with her. He pulled out his Sharpie, and she pushed her chest out so that Ben could sign it. Nichole gritted her teeth when she could clearly see her nipples pointing out of her bikini top and Ben continued signing her chest. Nichole crossed her arms.

Then Ben gave her a hug and Nichole could see the girl was wiggling her body against Ben’s. That does it. Nichole was fuming and she glared at the girl when she walked away. Then Ben had the nerve to turn around to look at Nichole and she just raised her eyebrows at him and glared him before walking away.
♠ ♠ ♠
As usual, comments are love! First chapter and there's a mini drama already? Hehe :P Subscribe + comments! :D I'm also gonna limit each chapter to less than 1,500 words :)