Status: Currently writing.

To the Stage

Chapter 5

As the waiter placed Dawn’s food on the table, Nichole observed her every move. Dawn had pale blonde hair with the ends of it dyed pale purple. At first Nichole thought she was just another scene girl, trying her best to hook up with members of the band just to get them famous. But as she engage herself in a conversation with Dawn, Nichole realised that she was actually more educated and knowledgeable than she looked.

The saying, “Don’t judge a book by its cover,” means exactly that.

Nichole noticed that Danny’s eyes kept flicking back at Dawn whenever she’s not looking. Nichole smiled to herself when she noticed that. For the first time in years, she could see that this girl has gotten him smitten.

“So, Dawn, what do you do for a living?” Nichole asked her as she finishes up on her pancakes.

“I’m working on my journalism degree at the moment. I also do people’s hair and makeup as a side job too,” she answered. Honestly, when Nichole heard that she was in college doing a degree in journalism, Nichole can’t help but to feel a tiny bit jealous. She would love to go back to college, but she knows she’s not the type that can focus on education for a long period of time.

“I was just about to ask you who did your hair, but I think I got the answer,” Nichole said, referring to Dawn’s hair.

Dawn reached up and ran her fingers through her locks. Her face contorted into a worried frown. “Do you like it? I’m still a bit partial about it,” she said as her eyes rolled back as she tried to look at her hair. Both Nichole and Danny chuckled at this and it made her even more nervous. She glanced from Nichole then to Danny. “Oh no, it’s terrible. I knew it.”

Danny laughed harder now. “It’s not terrible, I think it’s beautiful, love.”

Nichole could see Dawn beaming so widely when she heard that. “Yeah, I think it’s gorgeous. I don’t think I can pull off a hair colour like that.”

She looked on as Dawn had the widest grin on her face. Then she leaned forward to study Nichole’s face. “Actually, I think you can do well with a few funky hair colours. Just let me know if you want to get your hair done.”

Nichole giggled and smiled at her. “I know Ben wouldn’t be too excited to see me with neon green hair,” she said as she chuckled. Danny nearly choked on his drink when he heard Nichole said neon green. “No, Danny, I wasn’t thinking of dyeing my hair neon green.”

Dawn then excused herself to go to the ladies room. Nichole could see Danny’s eyes following her every move and when he looked at Nichole, a grin formed on her face. Danny tried to hide his blush, but it was useless. “I think she’s nice,” she said.

A smile formed on Danny’s face as she said that. “I think so too.”

“So are you going to tell any of the guys about her?”

“Soon, maybe tonight,” he said. “You know they’ll never stop making fun of me, right?”

Nichole chuckled. “Yeah, but it’s all worth it, no?”

Danny didn’t answer but he had a smile on his face. He sighed. “I don’t know, Nic. I think I’m finally ready to commit.”

Nichole smiled at him genuinely. She was happy for her best friend. It’s nice to finally see him happy with a girl. She knew that Danny has been quite guarded when it comes to love, kinda how Nichole was like before she met Ben. And she was certain that Danny is nervous to introduce Dawn to his band mates.

Later, Nichole and Danny decided to go back to the bus since the band is about to do their sound check for their show tonight. Nichole left a bit early to give Danny and Dawn some privacy and out of the corner of her eye, she could see Danny gave Dawn a peck on her forehead. It made Nichole so happy seeing that.

When she entered the bus, she was greeted by her boyfriend. Ben was shirtless, at the kitchen area, making himself a drink. She smiled and slipped her arms around Ben’s waist from behind. She then place soft kisses on Ben’s back. She could hear Ben chuckle and it only made her hug him tighter.

“You ought to stop that, love, or else...” Ben said as he continued making his drink. From what Nichole smelled, it was coffee.

“Or else what?” Nichole pressed.

Ben paused making his drink and turned around. It was now his turn to wrap his arms around Nichole’s body and he leaned down, decreasing the distance between their bodies. Her heart skipped a beat when she realised how close they were as she longed for his touch. “Or else, I might throw you down and take you right here. And no, it’s not a good thing for me to do that.”

Nichole pouted and she knows that whenever she does that it would drive Ben crazy. It did, because she could see his eyes widen a bit. “It sure sounds like a good thing to me. I know I would enjoy it, but I don’t know about you.”

“Oh woman, I will enjoy it immensely.”

“Then why say it’s a bad thing?” She asked before she stood on tip toes to place a peck on his lips.

“Because,” he said in between kisses. “I might miss my sound check and I really don’t want to fuck tonight’s show up.”

His lips trailed down to her neck and it gave her goosebumps as the pleasure shot through her body. He pushed her body against the counter, trapping her against him and she moaned when she felt his hands roaming freely underneath her shirt. His hands slipped underneath her bra and she had to bite her lower lip in order to stop herself from moaning out loud.

“If you’re not planning to fuck me right now, then stop doing what you’re doing now,” she whispered against his ears.

“Fuck, Nichole, I love your horny voice,” he said before he chuckled again and pulled his hands out from under her shirt. He kissed her forehead before smirking and continued to make his coffee.

“You’re such a fucking tease.”

“I know, and you love it.”

Nichole poked her tongue out. As Ben walked away to get ready for sound check, she smiled as she realised just how much she loves this man.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think! Next chapter will be coming soon. I haven't started on it yet. So I apologise in advance if it's late :P