Status: Currently writing.

To the Stage

Chapter 8

It was Nichole’s birthday and all she wanted was to celebrate with her best friends and her boyfriend. But, something tells her that this year, her birthday wasn’t going to go as planned. She sighed as she remembered about the weird conversation she had with Dawn a few weeks earlier that completely changed things between her and Danny.

Nichole and Dawn were at the shopping mall before the band’s show later tonight as they both needed some retail therapy after being cooped up in the tour bus with a bunch of guys for too long. While they were having a stroll and sipping on some Starbucks, the girls chatted for a bit.

“So, um… this may sound a bit weird,” Dawn started. Nichole raised an eyebrow and urged her to proceed with whatever that is on her mind. “You didn’t have any history with um, Danny, right?”

Nichole almost choked on her drink and she started laughing uncontrollably which earned her a few weird looks from other people in the mall. She couldn’t believe that Dawn is asking her that question. But when she looked at Dawn, her expression was serious.

“Oh my God, you’re being all serious, it’s creeping me out.”

“Well?”

Nichole rolled her eyes at her. “We’re best friends, Dawn. Nothing more, nothing less,” it seemed almost ridiculous for her to justify her friendship with Danny to anyone, let alone to Dawn. “Besides, if you haven’t noticed it yet, I’m with Ben.”

“I know, but you guys looked too close sometimes,” Dawn mumbled but loud enough for Nichole to hear. “Like you guys are more than just best friends.”

“That’s crazy, Dawn. C’mon let’s go back to the bus,” Nichole wanting to drop the subject really bad. The rest of the band is okay with her relationship with Danny so why is Dawn the only one noticing ridiculous and crazy, non-existent things between Nichole and Danny?


“What do you want to do on your birthday, love?” Ben asked her and it brought her back to reality.

She sighed in his arms. “I don’t know. I really miss Danny, though,” she said. She thought about how they both would always make time for each other, to have that quality best friend moment with each other. Sounds cheesy but that’s what made their relationship strong.

“Do you want to do something with him before anything else today?” She nodded. He then pointed at the entrance of the tour bus; Danny was there with Dawn, no surprise there.

It wasn’t that she was jealous of Dawn. It’s just that he should know how to divide his time between his girlfriend and his best friends. Since they got together, Nichole had not seen him out of Dawn’s arms. He hadn’t hung out with Ben and the rest of the guys, let alone hanging out with Nichole.

It wasn’t like that for her when she started dating Ben. She would always make time to hang out and go all silly with Danny. She would accompany him at the tattoo parlor when he wants to get inked. She’d be his wingman to pick up chicks after shows. But at the same time, she was (and still is) madly in love with Ben.

So why can’t he do the same to Nichole?

Nichole got out of Ben’s arms and exited the tour bus to talk to Danny. He was with Dawn and a bunch of other people. She went up to him and tapped his shoulder. “Hey, can we talk?” When they heard that, the others started to leave and left Dawn and Danny alone with Nichole. “Um, can we talk alone?”

Danny then wrapped his arms around Dawn in front of Nichole. “Whatever you want to say, you can say it in front of Dawn.”

Nichole fought the urge to roll her eyes at his statement. Wow. It felt as though he was brainwashed by this girl. And the funny thing was that Nichole thought she was a good friend. “Okay, what are you doing later? Let’s go to the arcade? Like old times!”

Danny looked at Nichole with a confused look on his face. He mumbled “old times” a few times. “Oh! Is it your birthday already?” Ouch, Nichole thought. He had never forgotten her birthday. “I’m sorry, Nic, I have plans with Dawn today.”

Nichole glanced to Dawn and she noticed that she had a smug look on her face which makes Nichole feel like punching her face. “But it has always been our tradition, y’know? Our birthday and the arcade? It has been that for the past 3 years, man.” He shrugged and said nothing more. He didn’t even look like he was sorry. That made Nichole angry. “You know what? Forget it. It seems to me like I have to make a fucking appointment to hang out with my best friend.”

“What the fuck are you talking about? I’m always here!”

“No, you’re fucking not! You don’t realize how this bitch has been ruining our friendship,” his eyes widened in anger when she called her bitch. “She literally told me to stay the fuck away from you, what the fuck, man!”

“Well, maybe you fucking should!” With that, Nichole’s palm landed on his cheek and time seemed to freeze for a few seconds as the both of them realized what just happened. Danny brought his hand up to his reddening cheek, and he started to charge towards Nichole. “You fucking bitch!” he said before he pulled his arm back seemingly wanting to hit her.

Nichole wasn’t expecting that so she took a few steps backwards and was preparing herself for the impact of his fist on her face. But it never came. Instead, Danny was pushed backwards by Ben and he pinned Danny against the other Asking Alexandria tour bus.

“Don’t you fucking dare touch her,” Ben shouted at his face. He pushed Danny against the bus again and then turned around and spat on the road. “Fucking asshole.” He said before pulling Nichole with him.