Status: Rated R for: violence, gore, use of alcohol, suggestive themes and nudity

A Needle in a Pile of Needles

Going back to the Finish

Spencer rode in the back seat as Sophie Morgan drove the big black FBI SUV. With a box of guns and gun accessories that was now important evidence. "You know Sophie...don't you think it was a bit too easy that we found the Unsubs hide out?" he asked a nagging feeling in his core. Sophie laughed her ebony skin glowing under the passing streetlights. "Maybe for you Reid...as for the rest of us not so much" she said sending him a loving yet shy glance from the rearview window. He blushed very lightly, it was covered by the darkness, he gave her a warm smile before something caught his eyes, a car was coming at them down the wrong side of the road. "Sophie!" he yelled unbuckling his seat belt, Sophie didn't even take the time to look good she unhooked herself from her belt and reach back to the back seat pushing open the door she shoved Reid out the car.

The impact was hard not even 3 seconds after she got Reid out safely she was thrown clear out the Back Window. A piece of glass stuck itself into her skin and was now protruding out of her stomach as she lay twisted up on the street. People were screaming as a man walked up to her and shot her in her chest. Reid came to and scanned the area he saw the car was trashed and panicked. His eyes lay on a sputtering girl on the ground. Blood shooting out of her chest in a tinny vertical stream, he body contorted. "No....no Sophie!" he cried scrambling to her side. He picked her up gently in her arms. And punt his hand over the bullet hole in her chest. Her eyes were wide as blood filled her longs and trickled from her mouth. Reid’s eyes burned with tears as he held her closer while trying to dial Derek Morgan’s Phone, nothing not even a signal. "Sophie, hold on-you just...." he said franticly fumbling with his phone. To his dismay Garcia's number was the only one working as is phone was beat up from the crash.

Garcia was on speaker phone with Hotchner and JJ, Morgan was late and Sophie and Reid were bringing back evidence. "Oh hold on guys I am getting a call from Reid I’ll patch him in" Garcia said. The room was filled with horror was sputtering, choking noises came through the phone line. "Reid! Reid-" JJ called "we were hit, my phone could only get Garcia’s number S-Sophie sh-she" Reid's voice came through horror was in his voice and you could hear the tears he was crying in his voice. "What happened Reid calm down" Hotchner said even though his own heart was about to pound out of his chest. "We were hit, and she pushed me out the car before the impact, she got thrown out the back window and then...then, someone shot her... She- I....you have to help- please" Reid’s voice was soft now as if he was focusing on something else. “Sophie...." they heard him mutter. They all got quiet. "Sophie!" he yelled louder. Morgan stood in the door way looking frantic hearing the conversation as he had stepped in unheard. Hotchner looked up but as the man ran out the door "Garcia Trace his call!" Hotchner order as everyone went after Morgan.

"No-No Sophie Don't" Reid said panicked as She stopped making any kind of noise or movement. Reid brushed her dark hair away from her face. "Please" He whispered. Sitting cross legged, rocking her like a giant baby. His tears hit her face and she flinched. He could feel her skin grow cold, and her body getting limp. "Sophie....don't you dare....don't...Sophie..." he said wanting to scream but his voice wasn't letting him. The red lighted sirens flashed and various emergency vehicles surrounded the area.

At the hospital Reid slid down the wall in the waiting room his face hidden in his hands. JJ rubbed his shoulder. Morgan was yelling at the doctor to let him in the Surgery room, worried about his sister. "She was all twisted up" Reid kept saying. "She saved me..." he whimpered. He was covered in blood and shaking. Morgan whipped around to face Reid and sighed. "You couldn't have done anything Reid." he said trying to calm his friend down. Reid looked up at him. "I could have spotted the car faster" he stated bluntly. "I could have pulled her out with me" he added. "I could have tried to push her out first" he said. Morgan’s eyes went wide as Reid looked furious. "Believe me I have thought of ALL possible ways that I would have ended up like her and she would be alive" Reid yelled. Morgan flinched. "Reid she's not dead" he said. Reid shook his head. "I felt her leave before the medics came I saw her eyes..." Reid said as his voice cracked the tears were on their way again...

They all sat in the Hospital room, Reid in a chair as Sophie's Right Morgan at her left. Reid had her hand in his. Wanting to crawl into he bed with her. But the doctor said that she couldn't be touched drastically as her fractured bones needed time to set back into place as they had cracked them back in the surgery room. Reid nuzzled his head in her neck and against his own will started to cry again he took his other hand and tangled it in her hair. He could feel her pulse she was still there. "Reid you gonna be ok?" Morgan asked. Reid sighed and turned his head a little out of Sophie’s neck so he could see him. "Yeah.." he said getting quiet. "Sorry....but...visiting hours are over" a nurse said giving Reid a sympathy look; she had seen his reaction to what had happened to the girl and felt bad for him. Reid jolted away from Sophie and looked at the nurse like she had lost her mind. "I’m not going anywhere" he stated. They looked at him and shook her head. "I’m sorry sir but-" she started. Reid looked at her blankly, as his clipped handcuffs around his wrist and then to the hospital bed rail. Morgan laughed as Reid put the key in his pocket. The nurse smiled. "Well it should seem we have to let you stay now" she said this made Reid smile.

The others had gone home, Reid stroked Sophie hair, he hadn’t had any sleep yet. "How’d I let this happen" he muttered as his mind took him back to when they first met.....
♠ ♠ ♠
dramric anyway in the next on it starts fromt he beginning .sorry had to torture reid because thats how it always happend in the show lol. poor Reid him and Garcia get the worst of it i swear.