And That's All It Took

Pure Love

The couple was seated as Mr. and Mrs. Kelly at a table overlooking the salty sea. Anne was served a small house salad with no dressing and a lightly sautéed salmon drizzled with lemon served with just cooked vegetables. While Garret opted for the Caesar salad drenched in dressing and the stuffed sole, they shared a dessert of triple chocolate cake. Most of the dressing, sauce, and cake ended up on the young man’s face the young woman laughed her eyes sparkling with happiness.

The boy’s tanned complexion became pink with embarrassment halfway through the dinner he excused himself to the bathroom to clean up a bit. Their conversation flowed easily anyone could see they were in love true, honest, complete, and utter love. The employees smiled with distant eyes wishing they could find that kind of certainty one day. Older couples grinned at the couple knowing the feeling that you had found the almighty one, your soul mate.

Nobody had the heart to tell them they had to leave even if it was well past closing. Finally, they found the courage to ask them as nicely as they could muster to leave. Anne tugged Garret arm begging to walk along the sandy shore the moon illuminating their path. Anne kicked her heels off her pale feet sink into the soft white sand she playfully shoved the boy challenging him to catch her.

She ran as fast as she could in a dress while sinking into the sand, the young man caught her with ease. His arms were wrapped around her tiny waist he kissed her head lightly. The kiss quickly became more and both couldn’t think of anything better than getting home. As the car started come closer to the final destination the boy became jumpy he gripped the girl’s hand tighter. He drummed his fingers against the steering wheel to an imaginary beat the girl just giggled and rolled her eyes she didn’t know what was up with her boyfriend.

The car parked and the couple made their way to their apartment managing to kiss all the way. Before Garret unlocked the door he tore his tie off using it as a blindfold on Anne. Anne’s curiosity was beginning to become overwhelming for the young woman there was only so much one person could bear. Garret led her in the apartment he made her sit in a chair while he moved about the home. Anne jiggled her knee; played with her jewelry she was nervous to say the least.

Finally, the ruckus Garret had been making as he tripped about the house in frenzy. He double checked making sure everything was perfect he decide it was the best he could mange. He convinced himself that Anne would love the creativity and planning behind the whole endeavor. The young woman was finally escorted to bedroom her nose smelled vanilla. Garret counted to ten attempting to calm him as he undid the blindfold. The girl gasped at the sight of the transformed room the lights were off the only light came from no less than a million candles around the room. Rose petals lay everywhere but they weren’t a traditional red they were white. Her attention was captured by the petal heart in the middle of the bed surrounding “The Half Blood Prince.”

Anne turned to Garret tears welling in her eyes she was met with the same crooked smile she had seen so many times before. And that’s all it took for her to stride confidently to the book she picked it up. She was scared no doubt but she was encouraged by Garret’s brown eyes. She opened it instead of the normal first page filled with small print there was a hole cut out.

There hung a simple ring the diamond just big enough to show he cared but wasn’t trying to show off. Anne felt Garret come closer she turned her hazel eyes were pleading for an explanation. The young man’s voice was shaky and rushed laced with nerves as he quashed the pleading in her eyes. “I love you Anne I can’t live without. Wow could I be anymore cheesy but it’s true I watch you sleep sometimes. I know it sounds creepy but you look so innocent your wall is down. Anne I know we aren’t always be perfect were going to have fights. We’re both too hardheaded no to have them. I can promise you though I’ll always be here with an apology after I cool down because I know you’ll most likely be right. Yeah did I mention I love you a lot? Because I do you’re perfect in every way sweetheart even if you don’t believe it. Well what I’m really trying to say is will you marry me?”

His face was beet red he stared at his shoes scolding himself for his stupid rant. Anne’s tear fell she was stunned by the thought anyone would want to marry her. She lived in fear Garret would leave her for some other girl. Garret gained the courage to look up he whispered, “It’s ok if you say no I’ll be okay.” The young man forced a smile attempting like he wouldn’t die if she said no. And that’s all it took she didn’t need the boy to be the confident one he always was she needed to see the vulnerable side truly.

That was all that held the girl back her fear that Garret didn’t need her as much as she needed him. The girl threw her dappled thin arms around the boy’s neck kissing him with as passion as possible. The boy kissed back with as much as fervor Anne pulled back removing her arms from his neck. The young woman removed the ring from the string giving it to the boy. She held out her left hand silently yes to marrying her dream guy. The boy slid the ring on her slender finger appearing cool on the outside.

The young man was squealing like a teenage girl at their favorite band’s concert on the inside of course. Anne giggled at the thought she would be planning a wedding, telling her mom and friends. Garret loved the way Anne’s eyes sparkled and her smile was brilliant he kissed her picking up where they had left off at the beach.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not really happy with the ending but otherwise I'm happy. Comment tell me what you think.