Status: Started but going to be going slow. Comments help chapters come faster.

My Best Friend's Brother

First meeting

Forks is not that bad. There is a huge lack of sun but it balances out with the people and the places away from Forks that you could go.

Like First Beach, it’s on this Indian reservation call La Push a few minutes away from Forks. It’s nice and all but I really want to explore the forest.

Luckily my brother got a good report card and I saved up enough money to take us hiking. I talked to some of the guys on the reservation and they gave me tips and suggestions about where to go and how to get there.

So right now Jess and I are in Newton's Olympic Outfitters looking for supplies. I gave Jess a list of things to look for in the store while I found backpacks and hiking boots.

I walked down the aisle that had the bags. On the other side of the display case I could hear three guys talking about going on a guy’s only hunting trip this weekend. I peek through the selves and my eyes connect with a pair strange gold ones gazing at me.

My breath caught in my throat about the prettiness of the stranger’s eyes that I looked away before I was considered staring. The image if the person’s strange eyes were still burning into my brain as I grabbed two orange bags from the self and hung them over my arm. I shook my head vigorously as if the image would disappear like etch-a-sketch.

I sighed and saw that I would have to go into the same aisle as gold eyes to get hiking boots. I could faintly hear Jesse dragging the plastic carrying basket around the floor, stopping to add items. I dragged my feet into the other aisle and saw three extremely attractive guys standing in the aisle talking to each other quietly. They stopped their conversation to glance at me but went back to it when I challenged their gazes.

All of their eyes had the same deep gold color but I couldn’t tell who was looking at me. I thought it was the tall blond who looked slightly pained because he was standing closest to the self.

The other two with him looked quite similar but still extremely different. One was very tall and muscular with dark hair and dimples, the other was the shortest of the group but still taller than me and my 5’9 self and he had messy bronze hair and an angular face.

They were all extremely pale and had matching golden eyes.

I strolled past them to get to the boots and I could feel their eyes on me.

“Jesse come here and find your shoe size.” I called out to my brother who was still rampaging through the store looked for the items on the aforementioned list.

“Coming” he called and soon I saw him dragging the orange basket behind him with most of the stuff I asked him to get in it.

He is a good shopper I taught him there was a time when we need to get what we needed to get and there was a time to lounge around and take your sweet time looking around. Right now I wanted to get out of here before it rained to hard.

Jesse ran down the aisle looking for his size and stopped right in front of the strange guys who were still talking. “There it is” he said point up at a box marked 5. It was too high up for him so I walked over and reached up to grab it.

“Here you go shortie.” I smirked handing him the box.

“I will make you eat your words when I tower over you one day sis.”

And with that he ran to try the shoes on. I looked up and saw that my size was too high up for my freakishly tall self to reach. I mentally cursed the unnecessarily tall selves and looked around for an employee.

A teenager with blond hair blue eyes a baby face and an extremely ugly Orange vest came up to me and asked “Do you need help today miss?”

“I can’t reach my size” I told him pointing up at the box. He was only two inches taller than me so he wasn’t much help.

“Um ok I will get a step ladder to get that.” He said turning away.

“No problem Mike, I’ll get it down for her.”A polite voice with a southern twang came from the tall blond who was still here now looking amused at Mike’s unhelpfulness.

He reached up and grabbed the box effortlessly. “Thanks” I murmured while rolling my eyes.

“Yeah thanks” Mike muttered sarcastically. I turned and let my long light brown flip over my shoulder before I skipped back over to my brother. I heard a deep growl but when I turned around there was no one behind me.

The guys had left and the aisle was empty. I joined my brother who had laced up his boots wrong so I fixed them then helped him get them off.

“OK go finish getting the stuff on your list” I told him as I finished tying up his sneakers. He ran off and I checked my boots before putting them in the box and standing up.

I could feel the cool breath of a person behind me and I accidentally stepped back and bumped into something hard and cold and taller than me. It caused me to drop my boxes and when I glanced behind me and the blond man who helped me get my shoes was standing there. He had a sexy smirk on his face that pissed me off.

“Can I help you” I asked him rudely. He didn’t answer he just took my arms and spun me around to face him.

I gasped at the close proximity and also at the perfectness of his features. His darkening gold eyes were looking at me remorsefully but his smile turned to a sweeter one as he bent his head down and barely ran his lips over the base of my neck.

My heart started to race at his touch as he put an arm around my waist to pull me into his body which was as cold as ice.

“Hello miss, may I ask what your name?” He asked in a voice so sweet and so charming that I couldn’t resist replying just as nicely.

“My name is Amethyst” I breathed. He smiled even more at me and I could see the light flash off of his pearly white teeth.

“You have a beautiful name Amethyst it is perfect for a beautiful girl.” He told me as he grabbed one of my hands and kissed it lightly. I could feel myself becoming lighter and lighter as if my head would sprout wings and fly away. He seemed to be internally fighting something in his head when he looked down at me again. He seemed to come to a decision and said “Perhaps our paths will cross again soon, very soon.”

He smiled before disappearing. I stood there stunned as I waited for my heart beat to resume its normal thumping pattern. I saw the two boys who were with him coming down the other aisle looking around.

They spotted me and glance at each other before coming over. “Excuse us miss, have you seen our brother anywhere?” the shorter bronze haired one asked.

I merely nodded. “Do you know which way he went?” I shook my head as the world was now steady again and I finally realized what just happened.

“Tell your perverted brother to keep his hands off of me or I will personally chop off his hand and other important body parts.” I hissed as I grabbed our stuff and stomped over to the register where Jesse was waiting at.

“Are you OK Am?” He asked looking up at me carefully. I took a deep breath and nodded “I’m fine Jesse, did you find everything?” I asked taking my mind of the strange guy who may or may not try to rape me later.
♠ ♠ ♠
Amethyst's outfit

Well here you go the next chapter
please comment and subscribe