Status: Started but going to be going slow. Comments help chapters come faster.

My Best Friend's Brother

Rescue/ Bella

Jasper’s P.O.V.

After my encounter with Amethyst I knew she was my blood singer. Alice told me she would be coming soon but I didn’t think this soon.

When she turned to go back to the little boy I thought to be her brother her hair flipped over her shoulder and blew her scent into my face. I didn’t even think before reaching out to grab her and drain her right then and there.

Edward and Emmett were faster and they saw my reaction to her and where able to drag me away before I did something regrettable. But when we got out of the store I was able to get back and ask for her name.

I was so close to killing her, we were in the back of the store and no one would see if I killed her. There were no cameras here and everyone thought I left. I let my charm work well enough to get her close then as I went in for the kill I hear two things.

My brothers coming to get me and her little brother going through the store looking for stuff for them. I knew I couldn’t kill her. I was able to get my head back and get away from her long enough not to kill her or anyone else.

Right now I am hunting to get my mind off of her delicious scent. My mind was lost to my instincts as I hunted. I came across the scent of a bear.

I followed the scent and realize I could smell the blood had been spilled and the bear was probably dead. But I could also smell two humans and they were close. I couldn’t resist going to them wondering if they killed the bear.

As I got closer I could tell the scents were familiar but I didn’t stop until I was standing in the clearing with my singer and her brother. Amethyst’s clothes were bloodstained and her hair was matted and knotted with blood and twigs and leafs.

She was holding a bloody knife and lying on a dead bear. I realized all of the blood was from the bear and not them. Amethyst was telling Jesse to get help.

I wondered why she didn’t go with him then I noticed her leg was bent strangely and her ankle on the same leg was swollen and throbbing. I felt myself walking forward and soon I was standing over them.

Jesse looked up with tears in his large brown eyes and asked me “Please help her” I looked at his sister and her mangled up state.

“Of course” I told him as I bent down to fully inspect the damage to her body and to see if I could transport her. She had just passed out so it would be a lot easier but then I remembered the 6 year old that I would have to take also.

“Get on my back.” I told him. He obediently scrabbled onto my back and kept his arms around my neck tightly. I carefully scooped Amethyst up making sure I didn’t bump her leg around too much.

“Close your eyes Jesse” I told the boy on my back. He squeezed his eyes closed and I started to run. We were only a few miles from the house and we got there in about two minutes.

I burst through the door and everyone looked from me to the girl in my arms to the boy on my back. Everyone except Rose immediately jumped into action.

Carlisle was asking me questions and telling Emmett and Edward to get upstairs ready for him to examine her, Esme and Alice took her brother into the kitchen, I didn’t know where Jacob and Nessie were but Bella’s reaction was the strangest and most unplanned.

“OH MY GOD AMETHYST!” She cried running over to me and looking at Amethyst closely.

“What the hell happened to her?” She asked frantically. Her question went unanswered as Carlisle took her upstairs to see what was wrong.

“JASPER WHAT HAPPENED TO HER?!?!” Bella yelled at me.

“She was attacked by a bear and I think it broke her leg.” I told her looking at the place where Carlisle took her.

“How do you know her?” I asked Bella.

“She was my best friend back in Arizona. I had no idea she was up here in Forks” Bella was now pacing around the living room and her emotions where switching between anger and worry.

“Why are you mad?” I asked trying to calm her down some.

“I wish I knew she was here. I could have helped.” She muttered.

“It’s not your fault Bella we didn’t know she was going to get hurt Alice must not have seen it. There was nothing we could have done to help her.” I told her.

“I know but it’s just that, she’s always been there to protect me now I want to protect her.” Bella said now sitting. I helped her calm down a little more as Edward and Emmett came downstairs. Edward went to Bella’s side and asked her why she was so upset. Bella explained her past friendship with Amethyst and how she was worried about her. “Carlisle said she’s very strong and will be alright but she won’t be able to walk for a while.”

We heard the small voice of someone standing in the doorway of the kitchen. “Where’s Amethyst?” Jesse asked looking around at us.

His eyes stopped at Bella before he gleefully exclaimed “BELLA!” He ran and hugged her waist. Jesse was tall for his age and Bella was slightly shorter than the normal 18 year old. Bella picked Jesse up and breathed “Jesse you here too, are you alright?”

She hugged him tightly and Jesse started to explain “I’m fine but Amethyst tripped and hurt her ankle then a bear came and it wasn’t going to attack but her phone rang and it attacked us. She killed it but it stepped on her leg and I think it broke it too. Will she be ok?” Jesse asked only worried about his sister and not the small cuts on his face and arms and his torn and dirty clothes.

“She should be fine. Her left leg and ankle were both broken but I put them in a cast and it should heal in a few weeks.” Carlisle said coming down stairs.

“It’s a good thing you found her when you did she had a cut on her leg that was getting infected and could have killed her.” He commended me. I nodded once happy that she would be alright because my mind kept flashing back to her wide blueish gray eyes.

“Jasper you should change, Amethyst won’t be awake for a few hours.” Alice’s musical voice chimed as she came into the room. I looked down at my clothes which were still covered in blood and dirt. I wordlessly went upstairs to take a shower and change my clothes.

I went past Amethyst’s room and noticed how peaceful she was sleeping. Her clothes looked a lot worse than mine and I knew Alice would have a ball choosing what to put on her. I reached out and touched her face lightly.

It was soft and warm under my freezing fingertips but her lips turned up into a small smiled and her head seemed to turn into my hand as I caressed her cheek easily. I could feel her happiness and calm as I planted a kiss on her forehead and left her alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww how sweet Jasper saved her. How will Amethyst feel about that when she wakes up. Well you will have to wait and see. Just so you guys know i will be starting school again soon and won't be able to update very quickly but i will try :)