Status: Started but going to be going slow. Comments help chapters come faster.

My Best Friend's Brother

The Nightmare

Amethyst’s P.O.V.

The darkness was strange. I’ve blacked out before, my father hit me in the head with a bottle and I was out for a few hours.

Right now it feels like I’m lying down and something is holding me to my spot. I tried to lift my head but the weight of the world was coming down on my shoulders making it hard for me to move and breath.

Then suddenly the weight was lifted as I could get up. I looked around and realized I was back in my room Arizona.

I was lying on the bed and everything looked the same. My messy desk with pencils, pen, papers and other random objects cluttered into an unsightly mess; my clothes were in piles at the foot of my bed that happened to have purple sheets and comforter.

I stood up from my spot on an old creaky wooden rocking chair than was sitting in the corner of my room between my desk and the wall. Stepping out into the hallway the smell of breakfast wafted up to my nose and I followed it down stairs.

A familiar dark skinned woman was standing over the stove scrambling eggs. “Mom?” I asked the woman who turned around to smile at me.

“Good morning Amethyst, did you sleep well?” She asked. Her eyes sparkled happily as she returned to making the food.

“I thought you died.” I said. I began to feel light headed and stepped forward to grab the chair for support.

“I did not die. Sit down and eat child.” She told me putting a plate eggs and bacon in front of me.

“Manje” (Eat) she told me again. I nodded and picked up my fork. I was about to eat my eggs when my brother happily came barreling down the stairs

“Bonmatenmanmanak yon pyè ametis” (Good morning mom and Amethyst).

“Morning” I smiled holding my arms out to hug him. Jess leaped into my arms and hugged me. When he pulled back I looked at him and screamed. Jesse’s face was covered in bruises and cuts. He had a black eye and a busted lip.

“What happened to you Jess?!?!” I screamed putting him down to examine the rest of his body.

“He’s coming for us” was all Jesse said before I noticed the background started to fade away to black. But that didn’t stop the voice of my father from pounding around in my head.

“I WILL FIND YOU UNGRATEFUL CHILDREN AND WHEN I DO I WILL KILL YOU!!” I could hear his heavy footsteps pounding over our heads then down the steps. My mother had disappeared and Jesse was looking in the direction our father would come from with a lost helpless look. I grabbed Jesse and started to run out of the house.

But we were stopped because the house was disappearing and the darkness was a promise of death. I turned around to face the angry man with alcohol on his breath and a need to kill in his bright blue green eyes.

I hugged Jesse tighter but I could feel something try to pull him away from me.

“Don’t let go of me Amethyst!” He cried clutching my shirt. I held onto him as tight as I could but he was slipping and soon he was gone.

“NOOO!!” I yelled sobbing into my hands. An evil laugh rang out above me. My father was holding a frightened looking Jesse laughing madly at me.

“He’s mine” He laughed. I rose to my feet, I had to fight back and get Jesse.

“Give him back to me” I growled. He just laughed his evil laugh and put Jesse on the ground behind him. I was about to reach out and get him when my father turned and punched me solidly in the face.

The last thing I saw was the evil gleam in his eyes as everything went back to black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope everyone liked it. If anyone has any suggestion I would love to hear them :) Please comment and subscribe