Status: updated every Monday

Harmonia

Chapter 2

"Oh my god. Oh my god!" I was freaking out. "What happened to her!? No one just disappears! She couldn't have just disappeared!" I was in histarics at this point. Holden just looked like he was about to pass out.

"Sophia, just calm down. We have to think rationally about this," Holden said, finally able to get a word out. I just turned and starred at him.

"How can we be rational about this?! Our best friend just fucking disappeared!" I scream in his face. Holden just turned around and started walking around the room. "What the hell are you doing Holden!? We need to find Adelyn!" Then Holden started knocking on a piece of wood against a wall. "Holden, its wood. Knocking on it isn't going to bring Adelyn back."

But I was wrong. He knocked on the wood again and the wall next to it opened up and there was Adelyn. "Holy crap! I can't believe I got in here in time! I thought they were going to catch me!" explained Adelyn, getting out of the closet size, secret room. I just starred at them both dumbfounded. "Oh, Sophia, in the seven minutes i was waiting for you, I found this closet! Isn't it cool!"

"But.... there was blood.... and your cup was still there," I said, trying to make sense of everything. Holden was standing next to the closet, chuckling to his self.

"Oh.... yeah well when I ran back in to get the cup, I turned the corner real fast and my finger got caught on the wood and kinda tore off some skin," she said, looking down at her bloodied finger. "Then I was looking at my finger, not thinking about the cup anymore and it dripped next to the cup. I figured the men were going to be in The Dwelling soon, so I ran into this closet and shut the door. But after they left i couldn't get it open and I figured since Holden knew it was here, he would open it when you guys came back in to look for me."

I just starred at her some more. "If you two EVER pull anything like this again and don't freakin' tell me there is a hidden room and hide in it, I swear, I will freakin' kill you both!" I said, slowly. Holden just smiled and Adelyn laughed. "Don't laugh and smile! I am being serious!"

"Whatever, Sophia. Anyway, I have to go. My dad called when I was in there and he sounded desperate," said Adelyn, sticking her finger in her mouth and grabbing her coffee cup with the other. "Have fun you two!" She then left like she never fake disappeared on me.

Holden turned around and shut the hidden door. "We were going to tell you, you know," said Holden.

"Could you have done before, you know... ADELYN DISAPPEARED?!" I said, still mad about the situation. Holden just stood there and decided that I wasn't worth his time and sat down and started wittling his wood again. "Look, I'm sorry but it kinda freaks someone out when they think one of their best friends might have gotten murdered you know?" he didn't reply so I dropped the subject. "So what are you making anyway?"

Holden finally looked at me with excitement on his face. "Itsa secret," he said, a sly smile coming to his face. I gave him the puppy dog eyes but he didn't say anything.

"Fine then. You wanna come with me to the beach and check out whats going on over there? I want to get outta here and I sure as hell don't want to go home!!" I said, smiling and trying to lighten the mood. Holden nodded.

We walked out of The Dwelling and immediately saw two things. One was no surprise. It was a police cruiser stopped on the side of the road, obviously waiting for people to come out of the abandoned building. The second one is what caught me. "Sophia...? Is that...?" I didn't say a word as I saw what looked exactly like my mother at our age get pushed into the police cruiser.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woah! Just.. woah!