Status: Active; No comments this update? Fine, I won't make another one :)

The Truth Beneath The Rose

Chapter 7: Apologies

Mercy was being carried.

Her mind was foggy, and her breathing was ragged.

She tried to go back, trying to figure out what had happened the night before. She remembered hiding in the closet, waiting for the beast…

Sadly, she had gotten just what she had asked.

Her vision was faltering, and she moaned, grabbing her head as a sharp knife stabbed her scalp.

Mercy remembered as she tried to run, but the beast pulled her back, slamming her back to the ground. She remembered her back going numb, and slowly, her consciousness left her.

Edge was carrying her bridal style, gently holding her to his body. He was shirtless chest, revealing a slim chest. Nothing too muscly or too bulky. His eyes weren’t on her, but when she opened them, his hold on her tightened, startling her.

Mercy’s heart leaped out of her chest as he opened the door into the room. She didn’t recognize it, but wasn’t really sure if she should be scared or not.

Before she knew it, she was crying. Tears poured from her eyes in heavy streams. She choked on a sob as it escaped her throat. She covered her mouth, looking up at Edge with a startled look.

Edge looked down at her, his eyes so sad it caused a sharp pain in Mercy’s chest.

He turned on the light in the bathroom as he walked in. He set the crying girl on the toilet seat. The whole time, he didn’t say a word, but Mercy prayed that he would, just to be sure he was human.

He searched the cabinets, letting small bottles fall out without paying them any attention. Mercy stared, sniffling, hugging her knees to her chest.

Edge finally pulled out a small box and emptied it on the counter. A roll of gauze unraveled as it fell onto the counter. He ripped it with his teeth and bent down beside Mercy.

She sniffed again, and watched as he looked at her cautiously, as if asking for permission to touch her. She said nothing, so he looked back down at her arm and bandaged a cut that she didn’t remember how she got.

He took another piece, ripping it with his teeth, and put it around her neck, where a slightly deep gash bled.

When he bandaged most of the cuts, he stopped and looked up her, his solemn gaze catching her crying eyes. “I’m so sorry.”

Fresh tears ran down her cheeks.

He picked her up once again, and she clung to him. He walked back into the bedroom, but instead of going out the door, he walked straight to his bed.

He set her down on the mattress. “Please just sleep, Mercy.” She was sitting against the headboard. She didn’t move into a sleeping position. She didn’t want to. She was afraid he would change again. The thought made tears burn at the corners of her eyes, and fall soundlessly.

Edge closed his eyes a moment. He picked her up once more and set her down on her back. He placed the covers over her and hovered over her a moment before bending down close to her ear.

“I'm sorry.”

It was only then that she fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I must say, I COMPLETELY forgot a very important detail about Mister Beastie, here. He has the HORNS. Why must I always forget the HORNS??

I'll go edit that later.

I change what he said, It seemed toooo fast.