Turtle

She's a turtle

I wiggled in the hard band chairs as I pulled out my trombone.I had to wait for my mom after school anyway so I might as well practice. I rubbed grease up and down my slide, so it'd be easy for me to hit all those notes that required me to slide it almost to the point of falling off. I looked up to see Eve approaching me from across the room. Her sister was Stacy a senior, a very popular senior may I add.

"Hey Trevor" she said letting her jean bag fall to the floor, I'd never seen her without that dumb bag that seemed almost worn to perfection.

"Hey"

"You seen Kayla?" she searched the band room, sometimes it seemed as if all Eve ever did was try to find Kayla. They were supposed to be best friends but quite frankly Kayla seemed more interested with all the senior boys. I scanned the room too, without any luck of spotting her.

"Nah, but she's probably with Tyrone"

"She acts so...slutty sometimes" she sighed in frustration as she took off her glasses and wiped them against her blue and white off brand hooded sweater.

"All girls are at least a little skanky at heart," I put a little emphasis on the little part.

"I'm a girl and I'm not skanky" she said with a slight giggle, anticipating my response.

"That's exactly why you're not a girl" i said carelessly, her face gained a confused expression. It was only fair for me to be mean to her, she was a sophomore and had beat me for first chair.

"You're more like a..." I searched for the right word "turtle!"

"A turtle?" her head fell and she began staring at the tiles.

"Come on Eve, you've never had a boyfriend. And you don't do anything other than stand in your sisters shadow. Nobody notices turtles, just like nobody notices you" she grabbed her blue jean bag and headed out of the band room. I stood up after her but didn't move, it wasn't worth chasing her.

"Don't be offended! The truth hurts!" I called after her, but it was useless.

Sophomores were so weak, couldn't take the truth.I shrugged my shoulders and plopped back into my seat, if she didn't care about my opinion it didn't bother me. I grabbed my trombone and played "Final Countdown" the piece I was playing for our chair challenge in band.I put my whole heart in it, challenges were in a few days and I needed to win. I must've played it a million times before I saw Wut approaching. He was tall with jet black hair,and olive colored skin the ladies loved him.

"Trevor, where you little girlfriend go?" Wut said, his Korean accent still very thick. I opened my mouth to respond but Blessing, 4Th chair trombone leaned over and started talking away. Her curly hair rubbing against my face.

"He called her a turtle that's why!" Blessing said, she was one of the many juniors who played trombone. I guess you could call us friends by default.

"You call girl turtle?"

"No it's ' You called her a turtle?' not your crazy accent version" Wut nodded as if he were memorizing this important advice. I'd been trying to teach him how to 'talk like an American' since I'd met him my sophomore year and he was a freshman.

"Don't be mean to Wut" Blessing pulled my bottle cap glasses off but I yanked them back quickly. Sliding them up my nose slowly so I could get them in just the right place.

"The only thing you're good at is talking Blessing, and that's even annoying"

"Whatever" she leaned back over to talk to Tim, 5Th chair. I guess I'd hurt her feelings or something, I'd apologize to her tomorrow. Because at this moment I didn't really care

"Mean of you to call Eve that"

"It was the truth, Wut." I pulled my trombone up, trying to signify an end to this conversation

"You just like"

"like what?"

"Eve" he said as he walked away with a slight bounce to his walk.

"NO!" I stood up after him, dropping my trombone hard on the tile, I knew this couldn't be good.

"Everyone! Trevor want to date a Turtle!!!" I slammed my hand over his mouth. A ton of heads turned, why did the band room have to be our school's number one after school hang out? I slowly peeled my hand off his mouth, praying he wouldn't say anything else.

He just chuckled a little and walked off, gosh was he cocky. I went to check on my trombone, darn, it had a big dent in the bell. My mom was not going to be happy.

My first week as a senior and people were already trying to shove me onto underclassmen.
♠ ♠ ♠
A new idea my friend Nodoluv came up with. I think this'll be fun to write :) Tell me what you think of Trevor, the next update should be very soon =D Comment and Subscribe!