Turtle

I agree

I stumbled over my own feet as I rushed to class. Seeing Eve and Allen kiss like that, made me feel…a little hurt maybe even kind of jealous. I mean, it wasn’t just a peck it was a full blown ‘we’re dating’ kind of kiss.
I squeezed through the crowds, heading towards my Calculus class with Mrs. Krug. I reached the class and sat in my seat in the middle of the class. Why did they kiss? Were they dating? If they were how long ? Did it just happen yesterday after I stormed off?
“Hey Trevor” Liz held out the r in my name as she approached. Her red and black died hair was pulled back today. Her shirt was entirely too tight, exposing her permanent donut that sat right above her waist line on her jeans.
“Hey Liz” I tried to be hostile so she would leave.
“You want to go to A&W before marching band practice tonight?” A gleam of hope showed in her eyes. Maybe I should, it would get my mind off Eve. But than again I did want to get to the bottom of this whole kiss between those two.
“Who else is going to be there?” I’d said no to her in my head. But I’d decided to lead her on to believe she had a chance with me.
“Well there’s Angela and Tiffany, Kayla and HD Buns, Allen and Eve. And maybe, just maybe you and me?” Her face squinted up, it didn’t help her appearance at all. She was already pretty low on the social ladder.
“Maybe” I looked down at my desk, not giving her anymore eye contact. Obviously this A&W visit was more like everyone going on dates. Hanging out with Liz was not in the best interest of my already horrible social status.

I walked into band with Eve and Allen still on my mind. It’d been 4 hours and I still couldn’t come up with any conclusion. It didn’t help that they were both in this class with me, and I had to sit next to Eve. My heart pumped a little harder as I approached my seat and she was standing there with Allen and Stacey.
“Excuse me” I put my head down, but not soon enough to miss Allen step closer to Eve making their hands rub up against each others.
“Trevor?” Stacey’s voice rang out with surprise “ You cut your hair! It’s cute” I felt a blush creep into my cheeks as I turned around forgetting Eve and Allen standing 2 steps behind me.
“Ya’ think so?” She nodded with a bright smile.
“And your glasses are gone!” I didn’t think it was possible but her smile grew bigger. It felt like my heart was going to pound right out of my chest. We were standing so close and she was actually happy standing this close to me. My lips couldn’t form words correctly so I just smiled back and rubbed my hand over my hair.
“Trevor! So is it yes or no for A&W tonight?” Liz ran up behind me, flute in hand.
“No, sorry”
“Your not going Trevor? That’s too bad” Stacey’s smile shrunk a little.
“You’re going?” I looked up at her, she was taller than me.
“Yea, Eve’s going so why not”
“I guess I could go” Liz smiled big. I guess she figured this meant I wanted to hang out with her. But I didn’t, not at all, she was 10x bigger than me in every way and her personality annoyed me. I was going with them to hang with Stacey and figure out this whole Eve Allen thing. I didn’t have the courage to ask now.
It was all I could think about.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this chapter is just a quick one but the next chapter...be ready is all I can say :O