Turtle

He Agreed

I was shocked to hear Trevor say that he would go to A&W, even if I knew it was just because Stacy was going. He sat across the table from me now sipping on his large coke. Liz was touching his arms and he kept sliding away from her reach. She glared at me every couple of minutes when she’d notice Trevor studying me. Liz wasn’t the prettiest girl in the world, but there was no telling her that, she thought she was gorgeous. Allen slid closer to me so that our thighs were touching he was talking to Stacy, she was on the opposite side of him. Tiffany and Angela sat next to Liz and Kayla and HD Buns had left us so they could stand in the parking lot and whisper and giggle.

“So…Eve.” Liz scowled at me, Trevor was looking at me again. I looked down at my fries before looking into Liz’s heavily made up eyes.

“Yeah?”

“You draw, don’t you?” Liz wrapped her arms around Trevor’s forearm.

“Yes, I draw. Why?” I questioned. Everyone was listening now, they all turned to look at Liz.

“Do you think you could make a sketch of me and Trevor? I want to remember this day.” She rubbed Trevor’s head, messing up his fresh haircut.

“I don’t think so Liz.” Trevor pulled away from her a bit.

“Oh please Trevvy.” Liz whined, pouting out her lower lip and batting her lashes. Allen and Stacy snickered. I looked at Trevor, getting my camera out of my bag.

“Fine, but only if you go get me some fries first.” Trevor glared at me. Liz jumped up and ran to get Trevor’s fries, squealing.

“I could go for some more fries too.” Stacy said getting up.

“Me too, Eve you want anything?” Allen asked me, putting his hand on my shoulder. I saw Trevor glare harder as I shook my head no.

“Thanks though.” I mumbled. Allen glanced at Trevor then made his way to the line. Trevor whispered something to Angela and Tiffany and they both smiled.

“We’ve got to go.” Tiffany giggled, her long black hair flowing. Angela got up and Tiffany pulled her away.

I sat in silence, my camera in my hand. I turned it on and off, trying to busy myself. Trevor stared at me, his jaw clenching and unclenching. I looked around, trying to escape Trevor’s stare. Kayla and HD Buns were strolling away from us, still giggling. It was just like Kayla to leave me in an uncomfortable situation so that she could make out with one of her boyfriends. I hadn’t told her about Allen yet, I hadn’t had a chance too.

“If you’re going to ask me some questions you should probably ask before your girlfriend comes back.” I said, trying to sound tough. It didn’t work.

“Liz isn’t my girlfriend, and you are in no position to joke around like that.” Trevor snapped. He was being mean to me again.

“I’m sorry.” I mumbled.

“Don’t apologize, Turtle. Just answer my question. Are you dating Allen?” Trevor leaned across the table, his voice growing in intensity.

“I...I’m not sure.” I looked back at Trevor, and then at Liz, she was ordering Trevor’s fries.

“That kiss.” Trevor whispered to me, his eyes darting around as if he’d stolen something.

“I didn’t know that was going to happen, Allen sprung that on me.”

“This is why I call you a turtle. Any normal girl would know when a guy was going to kiss her because they are smart enough to know.” Trevor scowled.

“That’s not true.” I could feel tears burning at my eyes. I tried not to blink so that they wouldn’t fall down my face.

“Don’t pretend it’s not true. Turtle’s aren’t smart, and you act like you aren’t either.”

“Trevor stop.” I cried, the tears fell down my face and dripped to the table. I saw Trevor watching my tears fall.

“Stop crying.” Trevor mumbled, he wasn’t looking at me. I tried to stop,but I couldn’t, I felt dumb. “Stop crying!” Trevor stood up, he looked bigger than me, he looked angry. I felt myself start crying harder, I couldn’t see very much anymore. My glasses were covered in tears and my cheeks were damp.

“Eve! What’s wrong?” I heard Stacy call, her feet were slapping against the pavement coming towards me. She wrapped her arms around me and stroked my hair. “What’s the matter Eve?”

“I didn’t want her to cry, I was just-“Trevor spoke, I looked up in just enough time to see Allen punch Trevor in the jaw.

“Allen!” Stacy screamed, she moved to grab him but didn’t.

“What the heck?!” Trevor shouted from the ground, he held his hand above his head to protect his face.

Allen stood above him his jaw tight. I sat slack jawed, staring at Allen in awe. I couldn’t believe what I’d just seen. One minute Trevor was sitting in front of me, the next he was on the ground trying to protect his face.

“Let’s go.” Allen said, looking at Stacy and I. Stacy stood up and pulled me behind her as she followed Allen down the sidewalk. I turned around to see Trevor watching us walk away and Liz running to his side. I felt kind of bad, but at the same time. I didn’t really care.
♠ ♠ ♠
:O
Let me know what you think!