Turtle

I Made It Worse

By Monday morning the mishap at A&W was the talk of the school. It wasn't like i hadn't been punched before, but this time it was by someone who almost as low as me on the social ladder. Allen may talk to Stacy and walk around like he owns everything just like the other "cool" kids, but he was far from that status.Stacy was just nice and Allen just felt entitled, end of story.

The versions of my story that were spreading weren't exactly the truth, they were all saying things like;

"Allen punched him for hitting Eve!"

"Trevor got punched because he was getting handsy with Eve!"

"He got punched because he deserved it"

I was hoping band would be my escape from this endless torment, but of course it wasn't. I prepared myself myself in the storage room room to face everybody, deep breathes, trying to tell myself everything would be fine, the whole lot.

When I came out quite a few people were staring at me, and as I walked down the row of tuba's Allen tripped me. It's tough falling with a trombone, it weighed me down so I'd completely fallen to the floor. Everyone in the brass section gave me looks filled with pity as they laughed at me. I struggled to get up, but made it to my seat.

"Can you tell your dumb boyfriend to lay off!?" I almost screamed at Eve.

"I don't control Allen" Eve responded. She wouldn't even look me in the eyes, she was focused on getting her slide positions down for this new piece.

"Ohhh so he IS your boyfriend now!? I didn't realize Allen was into that freaky bestiality stuff, Turtle!!" She didn't respond for a while . Everyone was looking at us, I guess I'd spoken louder than meant to. She took a quick glance at Allen and then turned to me.

"You have no sense!!" she practically screamed it, the she grabbed her trombone walked to the practice room. I looked up and realized Mr.Taylor was staring at me, he pointed to his office for me to go.

Wow, did I just make this worse...
♠ ♠ ♠
let us know what you think! subscribe to our book and leave a critique!