Turtle

I'm an Idiot

I shoved through the heavy brown band room door, as Kayla and HD Buns pushed through. Who would ever want a nick name that related to hot dogs? Kayla smiled at me but HD just looked down on me, he must have been 6' tall. It made my mere 5'2inch height seem even smaller.

I searched the parking lot for anyone I knew, my mom wouldn't be here to get me for another half hour or so. I saw Eve sitting on the curb, I pulled my backpack over my shoulders and headed towards her.

"Come on Turtle, don't be so sensitive," I said as I plopped down next to her. She looked up at me for a moment, her eyes were brimming with tears, way to make me feel bad. She looked back down, I gazed across the parking again.

I needed to be nice to her if I ever wanted a chance with Stacy. If Eve disliked me there was a 95% chance I'd get stuck in the friend zone with Stacy. I draped my arm over Eves shoulders and pulled her in. At first she fought it but eventually she rested her head on my shoulder. We sat like that for a few minutes in comfortable silence but soon it became awkward.

"So...how's Stacy?" She yanked away from me. Did I say something? She got up pulling her bag up with her, and started heading towards the gym entrance. Mid way there she stopped and turned back towards me on her toes.

"You're an idiot" she stormed off without looking back. It actually stung a little, I didn't want to be hated.

I stayed on the curb, kicking pebbles around until my mom rolled up. I ran back in the band room and grabbed my freshman brother, Tori away from his nerd herd.

"How was your day boys?" she said as we jumped in the minivan.
"Oh it was great we did this science experiment and..." I tuned Tori out, I had more important things to think about. Such as why I'd been called an 'idiot', I just didn't understand girls.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for everyone who commented :) I wrote this song listening to Apologize by One-Republic ft. Timbaland. Ooh I love that song <3 Comment and Subscribe! This chapter may say it's by Nodoluv but really it's Edie15, we're having some techinical problems