Status: Please don't report this, it's a story to me. It helps me get some things off my chest and express who I really am.

30 Letters in 30 Days

Day11: A Deceased Person I Wish I Could Talk To

A Deceased Person I Wish I Could Talk To, Jenny:
I miss you so much!!! We were really close and you were always at my house. I just wish I could’ve said goodbye.
I was sleeping when my dad rushed me to your house once they found out you died of an overdose barely 10 months ago; my mom was already there with my aunt and uncle crying while my mom talked to a social worker trying to figure out what they'd do with your daughter. It was a few hours after the homecoming football, you knew our cousin, Emily, won homecoming queen, right? I was happy to find out she won, but I guess if something good happens, something bad will happen not long after.
Earlier the day you died, you came up to my house with your boyfriend, my mom and dad just took me to school and had went to eat breakfast with Kelly and Jeff I think. I never got to see you that day, and I wish I just stayed home that day, I wish my parents let me, I mean I was feeling sick, but they still made me go. Maybe if I was able to stay home, you wouldn't have stolen my dad's medicine he had to have then you probably wouldn't have tried to kill yourself with it.
I miss you, I miss everything about you. You were my cousin and my best friend, at least I thought you were, and there isn't a day when I don't miss you. I took advantage of the times you came over, I took advantage of the times when you took me shopping, and I took advantage of the times you always took me to the movies.
Your mom and dad blame my parents for what happened, they say it was all their fault. Your parents tried to arrest my parents and get my brother and I taken away from my parents. At least it didn't happen, right? At least I'm still with my parents. Your mom, dad, and sister are still trying to arrest my parents, even though it's already been 10 months, even though it's proven my dad's medicine you stole didn't kill you.
I miss you a lot, but you're in a better place now. I just want to tell you goodbye and I love you, and Alexia gets to stay with your mom and dad and not taken into foster care like the social worker wanted. There isn't a day when I don't miss you or cry because you're really gone forever, I hope to see you one day, Jen, and I hope you don't blame my parents for what happened.

I Love You,
McKenzie
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll admit, I cried when writing this, and this one and another one I'll be posting in the future are the only two to make me cry I think. I wrote more here than I think I should've said, no one excepts my parents and my aunt, uncle, and cousin know everything about what happened. I can't tell my friends because I get too emotional.

Well aside from the sadness of this letter, I started 8th grade today, it was pretty good I guess, I really like my schedule, I just hate that I don't have any classes with one of my best friends. I also miss the 9th graders, because if you read day 2, my crush is in the 9th grade, and I have a WHOLE year that I won't get to see him unless I go to one of my best friends house since he's practically her neighbor. :'(