Velvet of Desire

Chapter Ten: The Nursery

Once they arrived back at the ranch, Aedan rushed out to greet them. Henrich got out of the car and leaned in and kissed Aedan lightly on the lips. He smiled.

“So, is the nursery ready?” Henrich asked excitedly. Aedan smiled and grabbed Henrich's hand and dragged him into the house to show him.

Lucien helped Connor out of the car and helped unbuckle one of the twins. They walked into the house and headed to the nursery. Connor smiled as she entered. The walls were a light lilac color with a flower border. The carpet was shampooed nicely with a large area rug that had Iona and Ryanne, somehow, written on it. The cribs were set up with matching bedding, except one was pink and the other one a light purple and there was a big stack of boxes with diapers in them.

Connor looked over at Aedan and smiled. “Thank you so much Aedan. This means a lot to me. I just know that Iona and Ryanne are going to love it. You got everything done really fast,” she said and Aedan hugged her.

“Well, let's just say that I already had most of it done before you had the twins. I had a feeling that you were having girls,” he winked.

Henrich rolled his eyes. “Please, he had Dr. O'Brien tell him.”

Connor laughed and Aedan elbowed Henrich lightly. Lucien placed Ryanne in one of the cribs. She lay peacefully, sleeping away. Connor placed Iona in the other crib and smiled as she looked at her sleeping sound in her new crib.

“They are so precious,” Aedan stated as he looked down at Iona. Connor smiled and stroked Iona's tiny hand.

“They are precious. I'm so happy that they're finally here,” Connor leaned down and kissed the top of her head and then went and kissed the top of Ryanne's head. They all left the room so they could sleep. Once in the living room Lucien grabbed Connor's hand and gave it a little squeeze. Henrich was already facing Connor and looking at Lucien with a mischievous grin on his face.

“Alright you two. You have some explaining to do," Henrich placed his arms across his chest and cocked one hip to the side.

Aedan put his hands on his hips and smiled at his cousin. “When did this happen and when were you going to tell me?” He questioned and Connor laughed.

“It only happened today and we were planning on telling you after we got home, but Henrich decided to watch me and Lucien kiss in the car, and ruin the surprise," she teased.

Henrich hugged Connor and then hugged Lucien. “This is perfect. I knew this would happen. I was actually getting antsy. I knew you guys were meant for each other when we first came to Ireland,” he said excitedly. Connor smiled at her friend. She always knew too that Lucien was meant for her, but she was afraid of letting herself fall when she just got out of a really bad relationship.

“It's about damn time,” Eibhleann let herself in. She waddled over to the two and hugged them both. “I'm glad that you finally came to your senses Lucien,” Eibhleann said and ruffled his hair. She looked over at Connor and smiled. “You need to get some rest before the twins wake up and are hungry. I'll fix some food for everyone so you don't have to worry.”

Connor tried to protest but it was Lucien that made her go in her room and lay down.

“Lucien. You're going to make an amazing dad,” she whispered and Lucien smiled. He stroked the side of her face softly as he lay in bed next to her holding her in his arms. He felt his heart beating hard in his chest and the happiness that surged through his body. He finally was able to hold her in his arms and cherish the moment.

Connor's eyes drifted closed and her breathing shifted. That's when Lucien knew that she was asleep. He continued to lay there holding her. It wouldn't be fair if she woke up and he wasn't there.

Before he knew it he was drifting into sleep right along with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
It really only seems that this is a filler chapter, but I really just wanted this chapter to be short and to the point about the nursery. I also wanted this to be the first 'moment' for Connor and Lucien. I hope you like it. Comment and subscribe please! ^^