Velvet of Desire

Chapter Three: One, Two, Three, O'Callaghan, Ten!

“Colors of the World” The sign outside was very bright and very noticeable. There weren't many shops like this in Boston. Especially Boston. Connor did like the color. It made her smile and feel good inside that she was related to someone that was this open. In Boston, people couldn't really be themselves because they feared what society would label them. To her, it didn't really bother her what people thought about her, but she knew that some people hurt from it. Especially Henrich.

Lucien smirked at Connor.

“This is Aedan's shop. It's a clothing shop. Mainly designs that he has created and made himself. Not one item looks a like either,” Lucien pointed out.

Henrich's eyes were shining as he approached the double wooden doors. He looked back at Connor. “Oh Connor can we go in to see the amazing world of Wonderland?”

Connor laughed. “Yeah yeah. Let's go inside.”

They walked inside and seen all the brilliant fabrics and colors. Henrich's mouth dropped in awe, and Connor just smiled and walked through.

“Welcome, love to the Colors of the World. I'm Aedan O'Callaghan. What can I do for you today?” The Irish accent was evident and you could definitely tell that he was homosexual just by looking at him. His curled chestnut hair fell to his shoulders and shimmered in the light. His tight, bright yellow shirt displayed his perfect tone, and his jeans were snug at his hips. Aedan O'Callaghan was a beautiful man. Connor could tell that he was definitely related to her because of his build.

Lucien smiled. “Hello Aedan. It's been a while,” he stepped forward and embraced the man and kissed him on the cheek.

Connor's heart sank. It was always her luck to find a man that was gay.

Henrich was still smiling while he was eying Aedan with a hungry stare.

Aedan laughed. “Why yes Lucien. It has been a long time. Was it about a week ago you were sobbing in my chambers about some lass that stole your car and your heart and barreled over a cliff?” Aedan was obviously joking but Connor was still stuck on the fact that Lucien was so open with Aedan. He wasn't afraid of being rubbed against or hit on. People in Boston always discriminated against Henrich.

Aedan's eyes flashed over to Connor. “And this must be Connor. I've heard a lot about you. Abbie was always speaking kind of you.”

Connor smiled. “So she spoke of me?”

Connie laughed. She had entered the room without anyone knowing. Connor immediately looked over at her. She didn't see an old woman like she imagined. Connie was a rather slim woman. No wrinkles in her face. Her eyes a gentle blue and her hair a deep auburn with few gray in between.

“Hello Connor. I am Connery O'Callaghan. I am glad you made it here fine. I hope Lucien has not been too hard to handle,” she smiled and winked.

Connor blushed. “Well, he's been a gentleman. He showed me around the ranch and the horses. He's really helped a lot. “

Lucien smiled. “She already knew how to ride a horse so I didn't have to teach her,” Connor's blush deepend.

“Well, gran taught me as a little girl. It's like riding a bike. You never forget," she countered.

Connie nodded. “'Tis true and Abbie was the greatest rider I knew. She could handle the most wild 'stang, and could assist a birth with her bare hands. I loved that woman with all my heart.”

Connor teared up. Henrich squeezed her hand and Connor wiped the tear away. “Yes. She was. She practically raised me. My parents never seemed interested in me while growing up.”

Lucien felt the sorrow that Connor was feeling. He knew exactly how it was to be shunned by a parent. His mother was never around. His father would make up stories so he wouldn't find out what was going on or what his mother actually did for a living. He never quite understood why his father stayed with his mother so long, but he did know that he never spoke ill of her.

He looked back at Connor's face. She was in pain. A pain greater than any pain that he had ever experienced. Though she tried so hard to hide the pain. Henrich knew better and so did Lucien. It wasn't hard for Lucien to figure out what's going on with a person. Some people say he's psychic, though that's just because people don't want to believe that he's just a good people reader. Though he wished he could help her somehow. He wished that he could pull her into his arms and protect her.

Connor took in a steady breath and looked at her cousin and smiled. “I'm glad that you guys are welcoming me. I don't know any of you and you've been so kind. I would like to have a dinner, so I can get to know all of you. You're the only family I have left and so I want to embrace the potential relationship that we have.”

Aedan smiled and grabbed Connor up in a big hug. “Of course baby cousin. We will love to accompany you in your home for a dinner that you have prepared.”

Henrich laughed and Aedan looked over at him and smiled. “Connor, you haven't introduced your friend.”

Connor smiled and looked over at Henrich. “This is Henrich de Vellero. He's my best friend. He came with me for support.”

Henrich looked at Aedan. “It's nice to meet you. I love your shop. I might have to buy a few things while I'm here.”

Connie raised a brow and smiled at her son as his eyes lit up. “Are you Italian?”

Henrich laughed. “No. I'm not Italian. I'm Spanish. I was born in Barcelona, but I moved to America when I was a little boy. My parents have the accent. I tried hard to get rid of mine. It was hard enough going through school as a homosexual, but having the accent made the bullying worse.”

Aedan frowned. “Why would someone bully you because you like men?”

“America is a cruel country. I like it better here in Ireland. Louth is beautiful, and so are the people," Henrich said and stared at Aedan hungrily. Henrich could want a man even if he hadn't even met him. It was just so uncommon to meet another homosexual. Though it wasn't just Henrich, O'Callaghans have a reputation for falling fast. They say that the O'Callaghan's see true love before it comes. Connor rolled her eyes and smiled.

Connie chuckled. “Boys, please take it upstairs if you are going to be intimate. The shop is open and there are customers.”

Aedan blushed. “Sorry ma. I'm being rude. Henrich, would you like to accompany me to dinner tonight?”

Henrich's eyes lit up. “Of course I would. I mean if that was okay with Connor. I know I accompanied her on this trip,” he looked over to Connor.

Connor smiled and nodded. “Of course it's fine Henri. You're a grown man, you can make decisions by yourself. Go out and have fun. I'm going to go through some more things back at Gran's ranch.”

Henrich almost jumped for joy. “Okay. But don't wait up. I'll probably be out late.”

Lucien smiled and looked back over to Connie. “So where's Eibhleann?”

“Right here Romano,” Eibhleann walked down the stairs and into the room. “I heard the ruckus and came running.”

Eibhleann was beautiful. Dark hair and piercing jade, green eyes. She was slightly taller than Connor, and less curvy, but the curves she had were subtle and a real man could appreciate them. She tucked a strand of her dark hair behind her ear. Her hair was rather short, so the strand just fell back into her face.

Connor averted her eyes. She knew that she was prettier, and knew that Lucien was probably dating her since he has been here ten years.

Lucien smiled. “We weren't that loud. Eibhleann, Connor is here now.”

Eibhleann looked over at Connor and smile. “Nice to meet you. I'm Eibhleann Burke.”

Connor got a look of confusion on her face. “Burke?” She didn't mean to say it out loud but it was already too late.

Eibhleann laughed. “Yes. I'm married. My husband is at work at the moment, but I'm sure you will get to meet him soon.”

Connor smiled. “Oh. Do you have any kids?” Eibhleann smiled and nodded. “Two boys. Brian and Cabhan. They're eight and five. I'm also expecting.”

Connie got to her feet and clapped her hands together. “Oh joy. Another grandbaby! This is exciting!” Connie did a little dance and Lucien smiled.

“Congratulations Eibhleann. Any names picked out?” Lucien asked.

Eibhleann smiled. “Yes. Me and Coilin have decided on Desmund Logan for a boy and Maire Regan for a girl.”

Connor smiled. “Wow. Three kids. I want a big family too. I was an only child so all I dreamt about growing up was having a brother or sister. So when I got older I knew I was going to have a big family. Just haven't found the right one yet. Poor Henri would have been it if he wasn't so sure on wanting men,” she joked.

Henrich smiled and kissed Connor's cheek. “Awe. I love you too darling.”

Lucien heard a shout from outside and a gunshot. He acted quickly and so did Aedan. Connie went and grabbed the bat and Eibhleann ran up the stairs to check on her boys. Henrich and Connor didn't have a clue what was going on.

They rushed outside to find Lucien talking to two men.

Lucien had his arms out to put distance between the two men. The man with the gun was obviously drunk. “Carrick. Just go back home. We'll get this straighten out in the morning," Lucien reasoned.

Connor didn't realize that it had already gotten dark. Henrich looked at the other man that was unarmed. He didn't look like he was barely old enough to drive.

Carrick wasn't going to leave. He was definitely not going to listen either. “I want my money. He owes me money.”
Aedan stepped forward and took out his wallet and handed Carrick some money. “Carrick. Go home. Go home to your wife and take a cold shower. Here's the money Fergus owes you. This should be more than enough. Now get. We don't want anymore trouble.”

Carrick eyed Aedan. “You know you can't always take up for him. He's running your family's name into the ground. I would ship him off to America if I were you. They would train him how to be a real man.”

Aedan just looked at Carrick. Lucien looked back at Fergus and motioned for him to go into the shop. Carrick grumbled and took the money. He left with his gun and was on his merry way home.

Connor looked at Lucien. “What was that about? Fergus? Is he my cousin too?” Lucien nodded and walked by Connor and into the shop.

Connie hugged Fergus. “Are you okay? Did he hurt you?” She was in a panic.

Fergus only nodded. “Yes ma, I'm okay. Damn fool. He's been after me since I started dating Briana.”

Connor frowned. “You mean to tell me that he shot at you because you're dating his daughter?”

Fergus looked up at Connor and smiled. “Cousin Connor! You're prettier than Abbie had described. She also looks a lot like-” Lucien cut him off.

“Connor this is Fergus. He is the youngest out of the bunch and yes he is dating the O'Brien's daughter. She's only sixteen,” Lucien emphasized the sixteen part. Connor looked over at Fergus and he looked away.

Henrich shook his head. “It doesn't seem like a big deal.”

Lucien nodded. “You would think but Briana is O'Brien's youngest daughter and only daughter. The rest of the O'Brien's are boys.”

Henrich nodded, understanding now. Eibhleann came down the stairs with two red-haired boys following behind her. “Good lord. Does Carrick ever just give up. I don't think a man should have to pay to be in love.”

Lucien nodded in agreement. Connor glanced at the time on the wall. “Well everyone. It was very nice meeting all of you but we should get to the market to get some food and head home before it gets too late.”

Henrich looked at Connor and smiled. “I'll be staying behind to go with Aedan to dinner, but you and Lucien go on ahead. You know what I like to eat.”

Connor smiled. “Of course. Have fun Henri.”

Everyone parted their ways and Connor followed Lucien to the car. She got into the passenger seat and let out a deep sigh.

“This is the beginning of a long vacation,” she said and laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoy! Subscribe and comment!!!

EDIT: Tada! I have edited some more and I hope that you all are still enjoying it so far. Remember continue putting your inputs in because I really want to make this story really good. ^^