Velvet of Desire

Chapter Five: The Beginning of the First Nine Months

Connor awoke to Eibhleann sitting next to her and Henrich laying next to her asleep. She rubbed her eyes and Eibhleann scooted closer to her.

“Connor. You're awake. You were running a fever. You should of stayed in bed,” Eibhleann stated, sounding like a doting mother. It was more worry than her own mother.

Henrich blinked his eyes opened. “Connor?” She looked over at Henrich.

“I'm awake,” her voice was soft and her throat was dry. “Eibhleann. I need some water.”

Eibhleann already had a glass ready for her when Connor sat up in bed.

“What happened?” Connor asked softly.

Henrich sat up and brushed a hand through his hair. “Well. You swung up on Apollo, you got real pale, and passed out. That was two days ago.”

Connor's eyes got wide. “What? And no one tried to wake me up?”

Eibhleann nodded. “Yes. Lucien did. He tried talking to you for hours, but you never responded. The family doctor came out and visited. He said that you had walking pneumonia. Gave us some medicine to give to you. He said it would be okay to take with your baby.”

Connor looked over at Henrich. “I had to tell them. I was worried and the doctor needed to know,” Henrich said in defense. Connor sighed. “I didn't want to worry anyone. It was never my intentions-”

Lucien walked in and cut her off. “Never your intentions to what Connor?” He looked angry.

Eibhleann stood up. “Lucien, now is not the-”

Connor shook her head and held up a hand. “He should be angry. I worried him. I didn't tell him what was going on. I scared him. I'm sorry for that,” her eyes met his and suddenly the anger he felt disappeared and he felt sorry too.

Connor took a drink from her water and handed Eibhleann the glass back. “Yes. I'm pregnant. I didn't know I was until a few days ago. I got sick when I woke up and I felt a lot of different symptoms. My breast swelling, and the bloating. Normally that would be taken as a regular cycle but I missed mine two months ago. I was so stressed out that I thought it was due to stress.”

Lucien furrowed his brows. “Two months?”

Connor nodded. “I was raped by my fiance three months ago. Then only a month and half later, my parents and Gran died. I was stressed out so much.”

Henrich got up when his phone rang. He looked at Connor. “It's Aedan. I'll be right back.”

Connor watched Henrich leave and she looked over at Eibhleann. “I was going to go back to Boston. I was going to go back to Peter because I thought it was the right thing to do.”

Lucien felt a little pang in his stomach.

Eibhleann sighed. “Connor. It isn't the right thing to do because of what he did to you. If you go back, he could hurt you and you could lose your baby. You don't want that kind of pain. Trust me. Losing an unborn child is the worse feeling in the world.”

Connor started crying. “I know. Henrich talked me out of it. I'm going to take a year off from school and transfer my money and things here. I'll stay here in Gran's house with Henrich, and have the baby. I just hope that you and Connie will help me. I'm scared,” she started sobbing harder.

Lucien wanted to hold her and tell her everything would be okay. He wanted to tell her that he was here to help too. He didn't want her to be afraid. He felt the need to protect her from harm.

“Of course dear. I'll be right here to help you out. And how amazing would it be if we had our babies at the same time. They would grow up together and be best friends,” Eibhleann was glowing with happiness.

Connor smiled and laid a hand on her stomach. “I'm going to be a mom,” she giggled. “I'm going to be a mom,” she felt happy that she was going to have baby but she also felt alone because she didn't have anyone to share the happiness. Henrich didn't count since he had already shared his happiness with Aedan. Eibhleann was already pregnant and had a family. She needed a partner for support.

She was certain that she would find that someone. Though all she could think about was her baby. She didn't care about Peter. He was just a donor and was no longer in her life. He wouldn't be in the baby's life either.

Lucien cleared his throat and broke Connor out of her daydream. “We'll schedule an appointment for you to see the doctor. He has an ultrasound machine that can tell you more about your baby,” Lucien said.

Connor nodded. “Yes. I want to know everything I can about this baby, and when I'll be having it. I'll need to get some books and turn one of the rooms into a nursery.”

Lucien nodded. “I'll help with that.”

Connor smiled. “Thanks Lucien. Thank you for all your help. I really appreciate it. I'm sorry again for worrying you.”

Eibhleann laughed. “Stop apologizing. You needn't worry about any of it. Oh and I have some books for you. I've already read them all so you can have them now.”

Connor smiled up at her cousin. “Thank you Eibhleann. That really means a lot to me,” Henrich entered the room again. He looked at Connor.

“Aedan calls dibs on designing the nursery.”

She laughed and looked over at Lucien. "Well I guess you'll have to resign that position."

"I know. Aedan would kill me if I tried to fight him on it," his smile was small, but he hid his emotions well. He was still feeling angry about Peter. He couldn't understand why someone would want to do something like that to a person. Some people were just really sick and twisted.

Eibhleann looked over at Lucien and frowned. He looked like he was upset. Lucien was good at hiding his emotions from everyone else but Eibhleann. She was just too smart, but before she could ask him what was wrong, he turned and left the room. She let him be for now, but later she would talk to him and get some answers.

She looked back at Connor and smiled. “I should know in a couple months what I'm having. If your ultrasound goes well, we'll know how far along you are and know when we can find out what you're having.”

Henrich smirked. “I'm going to be an uncle!” He laughed and hugged Connor tightly. “You have to name him or her after me. I demand it,” he stood with his hands on his hips, one hip cocked to one side. Connor laughed and kissed his cheek. “Thank you Henri. You're the best friend a girl could ever have.”

Eibhleann smiled. “Alright Connor, get some sleep. You need to let the medicine work so you can get better for the baby,” Connor nodded and looked at Henrich. He smiled and nodded.

“I'll leave you be dear. I'll be back to check on you,” he kissed the top of her head and left the room.

Connor sighed and looked over at Eibhleann. “Thank you,” she whispered. She closed her eyes and let herself drift off to sleep.

Lucien came back after an hour to check on Connor. Eibhleann looked up at him and smiled a tired smile. “Hello handsome.”

He laughed and pushed a hand through his hair. “Eibhleann, go home. I'll sit with her.”

Eibhleann yawned and got to her feet. “Alright. But no funny business,” she joked. He laughed and hugged her.

Eibhleann looked down at Connor. She motioned for Lucien to walk out with her. He followed her to her car to make sure she made it there okay.

“Eibhleann, I know most of the story, but I'm confused on the whole Peter thing," he said and crossed his arms across his chest.

She nodded. “He abused her. Raped her, and made her feel bad as a person. If he finds out about her pregnancy Lucien. He'll come looking for her. He has probably been stalking her. I know his type.”

Lucien nodded. “I know. I will make sure that he doesn't find out. But if she tries to contact him, I can't stop her Eibhleann. She has to make her own choices.”

Eibhleann looked up at the sky. “You're right. You can't force her not to. But Henrich will. He will make sure that she is safe, and he will make sure that the baby is safe. He's a good friend. He's a good man.” Eibhleann stretched her arms above her head and started down the steps. “See you later Lucien. Watch over her.”

Lucien watched as Eibhleann got into her car and pull down the long driveway. He sighed and put his hands in his front pocket. “Connor...let me help you. Don't fight me please.”

Connor was standing in the doorway. “Fight you on what?” She rubbed her eyes to get the sleep out. Her voice was soft and you could see the outline of her breast through her white shirt. The first thing that Lucien noticed was that she wasn't wearing a bra.

He cleared his throat and looked back up into her eyes. “Don't fight me on staying in bed and getting better. What are you doing up?”

Connor smiled and crossed her arms. “I've been sleeping for a while. I got thirsty and woke up. Eibhleann wasn't there, and I heard your voice coming from outside.”

Henrich came through the house holding a glass. “Connor. What are you doing out of bed?”

Connor rolled her eyes. “I'm not a child. I can get out of bed when I want to.”

Lucien shook his head. “When you have walking pneumonia, you stay in bed and listen to the doctor.”

Connor sighed. “I just needed to stretch my legs guys. Don't worry so much,” she whined.

Henrich smiled and handed her the glass. “Here's some water. Sorry for giving you a hard time dear. We're just worried about you.”

“But I told you guys not to worry. I'm okay. I feel a whole lot better than I did earlier. All the sleep is driving me insane. I don't want to get bed sores, and let my butt go numb,” Connor was obviously flustered now. Not only because she was irritated, but because she was embarrassed about speaking about her butt in front of Lucien.

Lucien laughed and shook his head. “Okay. So we'll limit your sleeping, let you walk around the house and give you a book to read. No going to the stables, and no cooking breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Got it?” Lucien compromised. Connor smiled and held out a hand. Lucien grabbed it and shook it. “Good. Now let's get back inside. There's a little chill in the air,” he said and started back inside.

“Lucien!” Connor exclaimed while laughing. “Alright. You're right. It is a little cold,” she ducked back inside and walked into the living room. Henrich and Lucien followed her She plopped down on the couch and put her feet up on the coffee table.

Henrich sat in the leather recliner and let the foot rest up. Lucien stood in the doorway with his arms crossed. “So. Any names you like?”

Connor thought for a moment. “Well. I want him or her to have an unique name. Maybe something Irish or probably Gaelic.”

Lucien thought for a while. “I don't know many Irish names, but I do know a few from when Eibhleann was trying to figure out names for the boys.”

Connor smiled. “What are they?” She asked. He sighed and came over to sit on the couch with her. “There's Eamon, Emmet, Liam, Niall, and Remond for a boy. And if she was going to have a girl. There was Alannah, Iona,Ryanne, and Siobhan.”

Henrich smiled. “Well. Personally I like Liam Niall, or Alannah Ryanne.

Connor was thinking. “How about Iona Abigail Siobhan O'Callaghan or Alastaire Henrich Liam O'Callaghan?”

Lucien nodded. “Those are lovely names.”

Henrich's eyes lit up. “You're naming him after me?”

Connor laughed. “Of course. You are going to be the Godfather right?” She asked, but already knew the answer. He rolled his eyes. “Please. You don't even have to ask that question.”

“Where did you get Alastaire from?” Lucien knew that it sounded Gaelic.

“It was my father's name,” she looked at the clock. “It's already twenty past twelve.”

Henrich yawned. “Well that's my que to go to bed now. Good night sweetheart,” he got up and went over to Connor and kissed the top of her head. “Love you darling. Try and get to bed and get some more sleep. Even though you've been sleeping for more than a day now.”

Connor nodded. “Yeah. I'll probably just lay in bed and read a book.”

“That's not a bad idea. I may pick up a book myself,” Lucien got up and walked over to the tall bookshelf and plucked a book off the shelf. Connor watched him sit in the recliner that Henrich was sitting in a few minutes before.

He seemed to be at ease. It's no wonder why he stayed in Ireland. It was really relaxing. She hoped that she would be a good mother. She laid a hand on her stomach and sank off in thought. Before she knew it, she was drifting off into her dreams.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoy! Subscribe and comment!

Edit: Alrighty. Still doing some touching up on the story. I haven't changed anything really, just adding a bit here and there. Remember to comment and subscribe please! ^^