Taste Of Poison

Familiar Taste

Death can be a scary thing; some people tend to think it’s a beautiful thing. I wonder what he thought of death. It was accident it should have never happen but then again I keep telling myself that, but I know the real truth. We were perfect for each other the normal loving couple that everyone knows, talks about. I only wish I knew how those people felt about us now, maybe some may still think that way.

It was a normal day to me it was; for him it was different. He left the house like always early in the morning for work, while I stay home. I was on vacation from my work, so maybe it wasn't normal after all. I still try to replay the memories but the memories were lost, I couldn't remember it all, it’s hard when your mind no longer works right. It would be late until he got home so I decided to cook, make a nice meal for a change. I never cook hardly we always eat out or take out, depend on what day.

I went to the store to get all food I would need, supplies also. I could feel people's eyes looking at me, like they knew something but that couldn't be right there was nothing to hide, at least at the time. Maybe it was because I was dress in my night clothes, but other people dress like this also. It took me no longer then 30 minutes to get everything I needed, as I check out I could help but notice the casher looking at me in a strange way, I push those thoughts out and went on my way.

Our house was in town area, so everyone knew each other and knew things about you before you even did. I was surprise the town people didn't see this one coming; maybe they’re not as noise as I thought. I didn't start until two hours before he came home; I wanted everything to be just right. By the time I was done he walk in the front door, this time he had a smile on his face, this was different. He even kiss me that almost never happen.

I had everything lay out on the dining room table; we both took our seats and started to eat. I pour the wine into our glasses, I just pour just a little for me I was never really a wine person. Not one smiled appeared on his face, I watch as he continue to eat; nothing boring touching his wine. I brought the glass to my lips but didn't drink, I just made it seem like I was drinking the red wine and thats when he touch his. I watch his lips touch the glass as he begin to drink; I sat my glass back down. He stop he was having trouble breathing, his eyes were getting heavy and I just stared. He look at me with his eyes, pleading for help but I just watch. His body drop to the floor, I smiled.

I pick up my glass and being to drink some of the wine, as I was drinking I my breathing was going slow. This couldn't be happening, it wasn't supposed to happen like this, I began to cry, this couldn't be right. I drop to the ground beside my love and slowly died.

Maybe I will get a chance to ask him how he feels about death after all