‹ Prequel: Peach Cocaine
Status: Complete!

Polaroid Cancer

Chapter Fourteen

“Yeh know, las’ night was a lotta fun, even without th’sex,” Oliver comments while they are both sitting outside the bus, refreshing themselves with the hot July sun. Casey kicks at a stray rock on the ground a small distance across the parking lot. Oliver is leaning against the bus with his arms crossed, watching the rock bounce against the pavement.

“Was there anyone else around?” She asks, her palms are already starting to sweat in anticipation to his answer.

He immediately picks up on what she is implying about. With one eye closed and tongue partly sticking out in thought, he replies, “No, I dun think so,”

Casey lets out a breath of relief, her hand pressing against her chest.

“Nope, I ‘eard everythin’,” Jona calls from above them, out of a window on the side of the bus.

“Oh fuck me…” Casey crouches down and hugs her knees.

“‘Ey now, save that line fer when we’re actually doin’ it,” Oliver says, hunkering down closely next to her.

Casey pushes him on to his butt, laughing, “You’re such a jerk some times.”

“But yehr jerk,” He purrs, leaning in to kiss her on the lips.

“I’ve been thinking…” Casey stares curiously at the ground, chewing on her bottom lip, “We need to set a time for the wedding date… I mean, that’s what engaged couples, do right?”

Oliver shrugs, laughing, “I think so… never been engaged b’ fore. What do yeh think would be a good day?”

Picking up a black pebble and chucking it, she replies with: “Some time after Jayde has her baby. Is that okay?”

Again, he shrugs, “Yeah, I don’ mind.”

“‘Ey, yeh two love birds, we have t’do a signin’ in a little bit,” Jona calls as he clambers out of the bus with Lee, Matt Nicholls, Matt Kean and Tom in tow. Oliver and Casey watch as the five surround the couple, all staring down at the two. The both of them stand up, Oliver grabs his fiancée’s hand and the group heads toward where their tent is at.

The sun is heavy in the sky, it hasn’t let up for the past two or three days. Yet, tons of people of all ages has shown up to get something signed. Casey is absolutely floored by the line, she has to force her mouth closed when they all cluster inside the tent. She is offered a fold up chair by Tom and politely accepts it with a wide smile. Sitting down, her eyes go immediately to observing everyone who walks up to the table.

Casey can’t help but be curious as to these people’s lives and what they do outside of going to concerts. At one point she had been just like these fans. An average-Joe waiting in line to take pictures and get an item signed by their favorite band.

Another smile graces her lips when a young girl of thirteen or so waves excitedly at her to come closer to the table. Casey had been sitting toward the back so she was out of Bring Me the Horizon’s way. Climbing to her feet, she crouches down by the table across from the girl whose cherry red hair matches Casey’s own. “Yes?”

“You are like, really pretty and… um, can you sign this, please?” The thirteen-year-olds’ cheeks are a pale pink and her hands are slightly shaking as she holds out a slip of paper.

“What’s your name, sweetie?” Casey asks, grabbing a nearby Sharpie with her left hand and preparing herself to write.

“Jade. Spelled J-a-d-e,” She giggles nervously, her hands fumbling with the strap of her bag.

“That is a very beautiful name. My best friend’s name is Jayde. Only with a ‘y’ in it,” Casey laughs, “Here you go.”

“Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you,” Jade does a small jump and spreads her arms out. Leaning over the table, Casey gives the small girl a firm hug around the shoulders.

“Have a wonderful rest of your day,” She says as Jade moves on down to Jona and Matt Kean who are grinning approvingly at Casey. Suddenly a small group of fans are asking for Casey’s autograph and she isn’t quite sure what to think of this bit of stardom. She isn’t even part of the band, so it doesn’t quite make sense to her why they would want Oliver’s fiancée’s name on an item of clothing, a piece of paper or a ticket.

Finally, after an hour, Casey is able to sit down in the back of the tent again and take a breather.

“Yeh a’right?” Tom asks with a smirk, sitting down next to her. He leans back, clasps his hands behind his head and crosses his legs at the ankles.

“Yeah, but that was crazy. I wasn’t expecting it at all… and to think it started with one girl named Jade,” Casey ponders, “It’s almost like our Jayde was sending them all… like trying to prove that not all fans hate me. Which seems like something she would do. I don’t know what I’d do with out her, ha ha.”

Tom smiles, “She’s brilliant.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This story is so much longer then Peach.
It's kind crazy to think 'cause I wasn't expecting it to be such a long story.
You all aren't even at the half way point yet.
Once we get to chapter fifteen though, we should be at the midway point, I think.... unless more gets put in to add meat to the story.... or ramble ramble ramlbe I need to sleep
Hahahhh
(/*o*)/