‹ Prequel: Peach Cocaine
Status: Complete!

Polaroid Cancer

Chapter One

Casey flopped back onto her bed and took in a huge gulp of air. Jayde was so nervous about telling Caleb she asked if she could sleep on the couch in Casey’s apartment. Now the platinum blonde was curled up with a puffy comforter, Chum laying protectively beside her on the carpeted floor. She wondered if it’s okay for pregnant women to sleep on a couch.

Casey rubbed her own stomach and tried to imagine a baby growing there. Instead goose-pimples sprouted on her arms and she reached for her phone.

“Oh?” She slid it open, Oliver had texted her.

Hey, love, I’ll be back tonight at around 2am.
You want me to come over?


Oliver had asked on multiple occasions for her to live with him, especially since he really wanted her to meet his ‘mum and dad’, but Casey was afraid to. She didn’t want to be left stranded in Sheffield, England with his parents while he was out traveling the world and having a life.

Now, since there is the added mixture of Jayde being pregnant, she really can’t leave for some dreary place she has only ever heard of and seen on maps.

Casey also realized that Oliver being in a band isn’t nearly as wonderful as she had expected it to be. Instead of having the relief of being away from him for months at a time, she missed him terribly for months at a time. Though, she did give him a copy of her apartment key, which is kind of a step forward, right?

Yeah, I’d love you to.
Just be quiet, Jay is sleeping on the couch!


Another thing that worries Casey is something that Oliver picked up while out touring: liquor. He kept it strictly when touring, but it still concerned her anyway. She didn’t want anything to happen to him, and to top it off someone had thrown a bottle at him before. So Casey concluded that nothing good ever seems to come from alcohol.

She hadn’t noticed she had fallen asleep until there was a quiet shuffling of luggage being set on the floor and the bed sinking in because of extra body weight. Oliver nestled his face in the crook of her neck and took in a deep, exhausted breath. Seconds later he was snoring in her ear.

A smile engulfed her features and soon sleep veiled itself over her again.

ooo


“Oliver Scott Sykes, what do you think you’re doing?!” Jayde yells, “Give me the damn jar of peaches, you bastard!”

“No, yeh’ve practically eaten all of them an’ I want me some fuckin’ peaches!” Oliver replies, twirling away from her reach, skillfully leaping over the couch and standing in front of it. A look of challenge flits across his face as he gobbles down a slimy chunk of peach.

Casey stumbles in, half-awake, “Would you two please shut up!? It’s… it’s seven-thirty in the morning!” Oli shimmies his way over to her and drapes an arm over Casey’s shoulders, turns her head and plants a hard-pressed kiss on her lips.

“I’ve missed yeh, babe! Where yeh been all me life?”

“Your breath smells like peaches…”

He laughs, kisses her again and shoves another peach in his mouth, “Love, yeh nothin but peaches and cream kisses.”

“Oli… you make no sense, sometimes.”

Casey finally lets out a smile as her fingers lace themselves in his hair and pulls him into another kiss.

“Would you two stop making out?” Jay barks as she makes herself a bowl of maple sugar oatmeal and eating a gob of peanut butter on a spoon at the same time, “You’re gonna make me barf… remember I need to feed the baby.”

“Well, I’m not going to have any food to feed myself by the time you go home today,” Casey smirks, walking toward the tiny kitchen. Oliver grabs her hand, catching her attention so she will look at him. A questioning expression is washed onto his features, “She’s pregnant, Oli. How far along again…?”

Jayde glances up quickly, “Uhm… I have to be at least… a month… maybe?” She lifts a part of her shirt up to peer at her tummy and besides her natural softness, it doesn't look like she’s pregnant at all. Jayde frowns, “I’m not even really sure…”

“Well, it has to be a little longer then that, Jay,” Casey says, “At least two months.”

“Oh! That would make sense… since I had accidentally forgotten to take my… birth control,” Jayde’s face begins to turn a bright red, “Okay, you know, lets just drop that, so yes, two months.”

Oliver bursts out laughing in the middle of eating a peach and the other half of it flies out of his mouth and splats on the ground with a sickening noise. Chum quickly bounds over and gobbles it up.

“Chum! Oh my God!” Casey runs over to stop him from eating it, but the piece of fruit is already gone. She rolls her eyes and stands up, crossing her arms, “That was so gross.”

“Casey, love, I wan’ to take yeh out to breakfast,” Oliver says, wrapping his arms around her waist and kissing her cheek. She smiles and says she would love to.

“Well… Caleb doesn’t get home until late, so is it alright if I stay here?” Jayde asks sheepishly, she is scratching the top of Chum’s head, staring intently down at him.

“Of course! You have to call me though before he gets home. I want to be there when you tell him.” Casey grabs Oliver’s hand, “Shall we?”

“We shall.” Oliver grins and leads the way out.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3 so tired niih night