Status: One-Shot :)

In the Sock Drawer

"Akira," Sayuri's voice hitched. "What... what the hell is this?"

“Akira,” Sayuri’s voice hitched. “What… what the hell is this?”

Reita could her the static of her breathing over the phone, they were almost over two hundred miles away and the bassist would be back in Tokyo in three days time. But of course his beautiful girlfriend of over eight years decides to do the laundry and while she was putting away his socks she found something hidden in the back corner of the draw. She dropped everything and called her lover and demanded an explanation.

The blonde sighed and rubbed the back of his head. “This is not how I wanted to do this.” He said.

Sayuri let out another sob and clutched the velvet box in her hand. “I…How…” she was speechless, her lovers low chuckles didn’t help at all. “Akira!”

The bassist grinned into the phone. “What do you think it is?”

Sayuri’s mind was in a mush. “Why do you have a ring?” she asked breathlessly.

Reita smiled. “Guess.”

More of her tears fell as she ran her finger over the circular diamond, heart pounding in her chest. “Akira…”

Reita took a breath and listened to Sayuri’s as she shed her tears. “I love you.” He said at last.

She corked. “Oh God.” Her hands shook in her lap.

Reita smiled. “I always have,” he told her. “And I always will.” Another loud sob answered him. “I didn’t want to ask you this way.” He chuckled.

She laughed nervously with him but the overwhelming feeling returned quickly again with full force. “Akira.”

Reita let another smile grace his lips. “Sayuri, I’ve loved you since the moment I met you,” she sniffled on the other end. “We’ve been through thick and thin together and I can’t be with anyone else but you.” She sobbed again but didn’t say a word, her heart was in her throat as she listed to her love.

Reita knelt down on one nee in his hotel bedroom, she wasn’t there with him but he could feel her powerful emotions coursing though him. He griped the phone in his had and felt his heart flutter. “Sayuri Ashiya, will you marry me?”

Sayuri cried and smiled through the phone. “Yes.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I got this idea while I was watiching ‘Say Yes to the Dress’ and when I was writing an Uruha oneshot. This idea just hit me and I just had to write it :)