Status: Active :)

10 Miles Wide

Izzy and Craig.

I was laying in the bed of this cold room, all I could think was this isn't right and that I don't belong here. I sighed when I heard one of the volunteers call, "Isabella Jones?" I sighed and walked over and she handed me the phone, "Hello?" I barely smiled when I heard my best friends voice, "Izzy? How's everything going? I miss you!" I laughed a little, "It's going good, I guess. I miss you too." She sighed, "You only have like what, three days left?" I nodded, "Yup. Three horribly long days to go." Sierra sighed again, "You wouldn't have to be in there if you could keep yourself under control and not over.." I cut her off, "Don't start with me Siearra. I really don't want to deal with this right now, especially from you. You're supposed to be my best friend instead of lecturing me twenty four seven." She groaned, "Just be careful alright? I love ya sis." I rolled my eyes, "Mhm." I hung up and went to walk back to my room when I ran into someone, "Hey! Watch where the hell you're going!" I sighed and looked at the ground and mumbled, "Sorry." I looked to see a guy I recognized as Craig. I sighed and went to walk away when he sighed and ran after me and grabbed my wrist, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap at you like that. It was an accident and I'm sorry I'm just really stressed." I nodded slowly and whispered, "It's alright." He looked at me, "I'm Craig." I nodded still not looking at him, "I'm Izzy." He smiled, "Cute name." I smiled slightly, "Thank you. I gotta go. I have my um support group thing." He nodded, "Okay well maybe we'll see each other later?" I nodded, "Sure." I walked away and went back to my group and sat down next to a girl that I became pretty good friends with here, Alli. We talked for about an hour and they said I could go back to my room, I did. I was back in my room and sitting on my bed playing my electric guitar when there was a knock on the door, "It's open." The door slowly opened to show Craig standing there I was kind of shocked, he smiled a little, "Umm...hey?" I looked at him, "Hi." He smiled, "What are you up to?" I shrugged a little, "Playing guitar." He nodded, "That's awesome." I nodded, he looked down, "Well..I uh..gotta go. Talk to you later." He walked out and shut the door behind him. I shrugged and kept playing my guitar until I decided to go to bed. The next two days weren't so bad I was packing my stuff up and getting everything set so I could leave and go back home. I had been sitting outside waiting for Siearra to come get me when I seen Craig walk out, he looked at me, "Izzy?" I looked at him, "Yup." He sat next to me, "What are you doing?" I shrugged, "Waiting for my friend to come get me." He nodded, "Well, my friends are coming to get me today, do you just want to come with us? Or have you not been waiting here that long?" I sighed, I had been waiting for Siearra for almost three hours, "Yeah, that would be great. Thanks Craig." He nodded and grabbed one of my bags and carried it over to where his was. I carried my guitar over and sat down, Craig sitting next to me. He looked at me, "So..why were you here? You don't seem like the type of person that would inflict pain on themselves." I sighed, I wasn't about to just open right up to Craig and tell him every little detail about my past, last time I tried that I got my heart ripped out of my chest so I just shrugged and whispered, "It's complicated I guess." He nodded, I looked at him, "What about you?" He laughed a little, "Well I got so overwhelmed with all these people that I don't even know hating on me because I was the new singer in this band and they thought that I was the reason the old singer got kicked out, I wasn't. It was his own fault." I nodded a little, "So? You what? Snapped? Started hurting yourself?" Craig shook his head, "I didn't get that close. My friend Max, he noticed something wasn't right with me and talked to me about it and I told him that with so many people hating on me in the music business I didn't see a point in moving on, since I love music." I looked at him kind of surprised, "So, your friend Max, he sent you here?" He nodded, "Thought it would be better for the band to take a break and have me come here and clear my head instead of sitting home or on a tour bus just getting worse. I could actually get help here." I nodded, "That makes sense I guess." He smiled, he has such an adorable smile, wait! No, no no no. I am NOT going through that shit again, "I guess coming here actually did help me I wrote the chorus of a song about how nothing was going right and I felt like I was just tearing my band apart and I needed some kind of support." I nodded, "So you wrote a song here?" He nodded, "It's just the chorus, I don't have anything else figured out yet. Wanna hear the chorus?" I smiled, "Sure." He smiled and thought for a minute before he started singing, "Take my place and look inside, I'm trying to find a place to hide. Lost my faith but don't you cry. I got a hole inside and it's ten miles wide." I smiled, "That sounded awesome Craig." He smiled, "Thanks Izzy. I think this is the first time I've actually seen you smile since you've been here." I laughed a little, "I don't smile much." Craig smiled, "You should, it looks good on you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter one :)