‹ Prequel: Young

She Lost It

Start and Finish

Emily allowed her feet to dangle over the edge of the rocky cliff. The empty bottle of vodka had already been thrown over the edge she had watched it shatter.

Cassandra searched for her girlfriend everywhere the girl continuously ran to. None of the other spots seemed to work sighing tears streamed down from her green eyes down her porcelain skin.

Emily took a long hit from her cigarette loving the knowledge of she was slowly killing herself. Cassandra could fuck herself Emily wasn’t quitting the addiction.

Cassandra sped up her small BMW convertible winding around the narrow mountain roads sharply. Her car almost busting through the guardrails to the bottom of the rocky hill where she would meet her fate, death, which somehow sounded good to her at the moment.

Emily shrugged her large, pajama, blue t-shirt off leaving her in a bra and shorts. She kicked off her black Soffe shorts leaving her to chill in her underwear and bra letting herself feel the cool breeze of the autumn night.

Cassandra felt as if she was like her car taking the sharp narrow turns. She was going full speed ahead on narrow roads teetering on the edge of safe and dangerous.

Emily still barely clothed knew she had completely lost it. She didn’t expect her girlfriend to come, this was the last straw she had one too many childish tantrums.

Cassandra was operating blind headlights off literally and metaphorically she was coming closer to the top of the huge hill. She felt as if she was seconds from losing it but she couldn’t she was supposed to be perfect.

Emily laying backwards the gravel scraping against her back the dirt stinging the cuts. She loved the burning sensation she felt and the thought of her getting infections.

Cassandra parked her small car and exited the expensive car she strode to the edge. She tangled her hands in her brown hair everything in her seemingly perfect had gone to hell.

Emily heard a car pull in she made no move to figure out who it was no one would check here for her. She was terrified of heights but apparently enough alcohol in her system she was fearless.

Cassandra was the most popular girl in school while still being a lesbian. She was rich, beautiful, and supposedly perfect she hated the word.

Emily could faintly make out a body hanging out near the edge it looked faintly familiar. She couldn’t be sure the vodka was in full swing she could almost feel it running through veins.

Cassandra had never wanted very much even when she could have the world but right now all she wanted was to scream. For once she listened to her heart instead of her brain, she let loose a blood curdling scream.

Emily heard the ear splitting scream through her drunken stupor she stood on unsteady feet. She stumbled far from the edge tonight didn’t feel like the right time to commit suicide.

Cassandra’s scream didn’t let up she had held her emotions in for too long. She finally stopped her breath coming out in ragged gasps as if she just has sex.

Emily came closer to the screamer she immediately recognized the brown curls the pale skin. She didn’t want to believe that was her girlfriend it couldn’t be she didn’t come up to the tops of mountains at three in the morning to scream.

Cassandra sensed the eyes probing her she turned around scared it might be rapist or murderer. Her emerald eyes were met by chocolate orbs glazed over by intoxication most likely vodka, Cassandra thought.

Emily whispered her Cass? it had to be an illusion caused by vodka. She rubbed her eyes lamely trying to ride them of their inebriate state.

Cassandra heard the whisper, her name carried to her by the night breeze. She didn’t want to answer she watched the girl no more than three feet from her run a hand through her blond hair.

Emily tentatively took steps closer to the human balancing on the edge of the unfenced off cliff. She attempted to touch the fair skin of her girlfriend but the other girl jerked her arm away.

Cassandra didn’t want to be touched by the other girl. She somehow thought it would mean it would bring her back to reality where she was the “it” girl.

Emily felt the hurt through her drunken trance she knew she shouldn’t have been hurt. She had left the girl alone in the restaurant she was left to look like a fool.

Cassandra could care less about Emily she had left her one too many time. She didn’t want to deal with it anymore if wanted tantrums she could have a kid.

Emily realized the couple was finished and that was when she lost it.

Cassandra realized she no longer had to fit a mold set by anyone else but herself and that’s when she lost it truly lost it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment. Rate. Eat a piece of pie. Anything you want to do is fine with me.