Status: Updates on Thursdays and Sundays

Vengeance Is a Syn

I’ve Waited So Long Just To Come Hold You

“I really meant it when I told you I have to study!”, I said as me and Brian climbed up the stairs so we could go to his room.

“And that’s what we’ll do, Hailey. Don’t worry.”, Brian reassured smiling.

I chuckled and opened the bedroom’s door. He sat on the desk and took out his books. I sat in front of him and opened my backpack, placing the Math’s books in the desk as well.

We started studying but an hour later my mind started to drift the exercises and I could only remember yesterday. All of the stuff that happened was on replay in my brain. I remembered Johnny starting a fight with that asshole and mostly I remembered what J was doing to me. If the guys hadn’t called the police I don’t know what could’ve happened. Would he try to rape me? Dear god, I don’t even want to think about it. I just want to forget yesterday! It was the scariest day of my life and I don’t want anything to remind me of it. And this scar that I’ll have to see for the next days won’t help me forgetting it!

I was absently drawing doodles on my notebook and thinking that I didn’t even notice Brian was also in another world.

I looked up at him and tilted my head to the left. He was staring at nowhere with his hand supporting his chin.

“What’s up?”, I asked, waking him up from his thoughtful state.

“Huh?”, he asked confused.

“You were staring at the air… Is everything okay?”, I asked.

“Yeah, of course.”, he smiled. “I was just thinking.”

“Me too...”, I whispered.

Brian sighed and looked at me.

“You want to talk?”, I asked him but he shook his head.

“I mean…”, he sighed. “I can’t… I can’t fucking imagine what could have happened yesterday…”

I shot him a smile and looked down at my notebook. “Don’t worry about it, okay?”

I didn’t want to talk about it. The only thing I wanted was to forget it happened.

“I can’t… I don’t know what I’d do if that fucker had hurt you in any other way!”, Brian kept going on. “I’d beat him out until he-…”

“Brian, stop it! Okay?”, I nearly shouted with watery eyes. “Please. I don’t want to talk about that.”

“I’m sorry…”, he sighed. “I just don’t want anything bad to happen to you…”

I looked down at my book and tried to concentrate on the exercise. “Nothing happened, so don’t worry about it anymore.”

He sighed and shook his head. “I promise that won’t happen again.”

“You can’t stop these things from happening.”, I shrugged.

“I can stop them from happening to you.”, he said as he squeezed my hand.

I gave him a small smile and shook my head again. “Thanks.”

“Anytime, Hay.”, he smiled. “Now come here and help me out with this thing.”

I smiled, stood up and walked to the other side of the desk.

“What are you not understanding?”, I asked.

“Everything!”, Brian said dramatically making laugh. “Don’t laugh. It’s not funny!”, he pouted.
“Aw, come on. I’ll help you!”, I giggled.

He smiled and made space for me to sit on the chair. I explained him what he had to do and after two hours of study we figured out it was time to eat something.

“I’m sick of studying. Let’s get something to eat.”, Brian said standing up.

“Okay.”, I said as I closed my books. “Oh, I have an idea! Let’s bake a cake!”

“I can’t cook!”, Brian said raising his eyebrows.

“Duh! That’s why I’m here!”, I chuckled making him narrow his eyes at me. I smacked his arm playfully and rushed to the door. “Hop, hop, lazy ass! I have to teach you how to bake a delicious cake!”, I said by the doorframe.

He groaned and walked behind me.

“My parents aren’t home?”, Brian asked himself. “Great. I hope that when they come back we still have a house.”

I looked back narrowing my eyes and Brian was trying to hide the smirk that was daring to appear on his face.

“You asshole! You’re gonna be begging me to cook you more food after you taste my delicious cake!”, I smirked.

He laughed and kissed my cheek. “We’ll see!”

“Shut up and help me!”, I smiled.

I took out all of the ingredients I’d need and set them on the balcony. Brian was looking at me the whole time waiting for an order.

“Where does Suzy keep the flour?”, I asked him.

He stood up and reached one of the cupboards, taking the flour packet and placing it next to the other ingredients. “Here.”

“Thanks!”, I said. “Now do as I say, so we can make an awesome cake!”

Brian chuckled and nodded his head.

We prepared the cake batter and when it was finished I put it on the oven. When I turned back Brian was smirking and without warning he slid his finger on the tip of my nose with something I didn’t know what it was.

“Ew, ew, ew! What is this!?”, I asked looking at him.

He burst out into laughing and I noticed he had flour on his fingers. I grabbed the flour and poked his cheek, leaving the white powder on it. I laughed and he smirked, getting ready to draw something on my face.

“Wait, wait!”, I said grabbing his arm and containing the laughter. “What are you going to draw?”

“Haha, you’ll have to wait and see!”, he answered.

“Not fair!”, I pouted.

“Of course it is!”, he replied. He started writing something on my cheek and I kept giggling because of the feeling of having flour all over my face.

I decided his face couldn’t stay without flour so I drew a heart on his cheek.

“What did you draw?”, he asked suspiciously.

“Oh, nothing, nothing!”, I mocked searching for my phone to use it as a mirror so I could see what he had written.

He glared at me and I laughed. “I drew you a heart. And it looks so cute on you!”

“You’ve gotta be kidding me, Hay! I’m Synyster Gates, having a heart drawn on my cheek is gay!”

“Cocky much, huh?”, I laughed. I looked at the phone and my jaw dropped.

“Did you seriously write ‘I love Syn’ in my cheek!?”, I asked incredulous.

“I sure did!”, he smirked.

“Oh my god, you’re so full of yourself and I can’t even believe in it!”

Brian laughed and I pushed him away by his chest when he approached me. I crossed my arms over my chest and glared at him.

“It’s the truth. Everybody loves Syn!”, he laughed wrapping his arms around my waist.

“No, it’s not. I don’t love Syn!”

“Of course you do, you just don’t want to admit it!”, he said before putting more flour on my face.

We began laughing and somebody cleared his throat.

We turned back and saw Papa Gates, Brent and Jimmy carrying grocery bags.

“Oh, hey dad!”, Brian greeted.

“Hey!”, I said smiling.

“It smells good.”, Brent said. “What are you cooking?”

“A chocolate cake!”, I answered proudly. “Brian helped.”

“I wanna try that!”, Papa Gates said.

“We can all eat it once it’s ready!”, I smiled.

“I like that!”, Jimmy said.

“What are you doing here, man?”, Brian asked.

“I was coming over your house but since I found your dad and Brent carrying the groceries I decided to help.”, Jimmy answered.

“Thanks again!”, Brent said.

“No problem, dude!”, Jimmy smiled.

“Let’s go upstairs.”, Brian said.

Some hours later


“How do I look?”, I asked Val and Michelle who were sitting in my bed waiting for me to get ready so we could go out.

“If Matt tries to jump on you I’m seriously going to kick his ass!”, Michelle said making me laugh. “You look stunning!”

“I don’t have that problem. Since my Matt wouldn’t try to do that!”, Val said.

“Oh god!”, I said squeezing my eyes shut. “That would be so very wrong!”

Val laughed and I slapped her leg playfully since it was closer to the border of the bed.

“But now seriously, girls. Do I look good?”

“You’re amazing! Every guy will have their eyes glued on you!”, Val said.

“Yup. I agree.”, Michelle nodded.

I smiled and looked at the mirror again. We were going out for the night and the guys would meet us at the bar.

“Ready to go?”, Val asked.

“Yup.”, I smiled as I put my heels. “Let’s go!”

We arrived at the bar and Matt, Johnny and Lacey were already there. Val walked over Matt and sat on his lap while I and Michelle talked with Johnny and Lacey.

I walked to the counter and asked for a drink when I felt someone slapping my ass. I turned around ready to punch whoever did that to be met by chocolate-brown eyes and a wide grin.
“Woah, woah, woah! Don’t punch me!”, Brian chuckled kissing my cheek.

“I thought you were some shameless asshole!”, I said making him laugh.

“Don’t blame me. I bet every guy in this room wants to do that.”

I blushed at his words.

“What do you mean?”, I asked as I grabbed my drink and took a sip of it.

“You look pretty sexy on that dress.”

I blushed even more – if that was possible – and felt my stomach twisting.

“Thanks, I guess…”, I said sheepishly.

“So… What made you come out dressed like that?”, Brian asked.

“You think this is too much? I-…”

“No!”, he chuckled. “You’re really cute. But you don’t usually dress like that when we come out.”

“I know… I just wanted to do something out of the usual.”, I explained.

He nodded and smirked. “I’m glad you did that. That way I can be the one people are jealous of tonight.”

“Oh, yeah? Why’s that?”, I asked, slightly afraid of what would come out of his mouth.

“Because since I’m the one who’s talking to you they won’t try to steal you away from me. And-…”

“Steal me away from you?”, I asked laughing. “You guys are so silly sometimes! Do you think Alex over there thinks like that?”

“Everybody thinks like this.”, Brian said. “But why Alex?”

“Well… He’s a really good-looking guy.”, I said making Brian narrow his eyebrows. “Do you think he’ll want to dance with me?”

“Nah. He won’t want to.”, Brian answered.

“Why?”, I asked looking at him.

“Err… Because he’s already trying to have something with that girl tonight.”, he answered pointing at Sarah.

“But Sarah’s dating Ryan.”, I said.

“Yeah, but still. No, you’re not his type of girl.”, Brian answered.

“Really?”, I asked kind of disappointed.

“Yeah, I mean. He surely prefers girls that are way more popular and with bigger stuff, if you know what I mean.”, he said pointing at his chest.

“You mean with bigger boobs?”, I said. “You think my boobs are small?”, I asked looking down at them.

“No, they’re perfect!”, he said and I could tell my cheeks turned to a deep red in less than one second. “Wha… I… I didn’t mean that!”, he added blushing as well. “I ju-… I just think he likes them bigger that’s all.”

I nodded and looked at Alex again. “I think I’ll go talk to him still. Maybe he can ask me on a date. I’m in need of some romantic time.”, I said taking a last sip on my drink and hopping of the seat. “I’ll meet you later.”

I walked away from Brian and greeted Sarah since we were partners in some classes.

“Hey Sarah!”

“Oh, hi, Hailey!”, she greeted giving me a hug. “Meet Ryan, Keira, Lindsay and Alex!”

“Hey, guys!”, I greeted waving my hand.

“Hey.”, they replied. Alex scooted to the place next to me and smiled. I smiled back and put a strand of hair behind my ear.

“I think we already met before.”, he said. “We had classes together last year, am I right?”

“Yeah, I think we did.”, I smiled nodding.

“You look really great, by the way.”

“Thanks. You don’t look bad either.”

“Thank you.”, he smiled. “Wanna dance?”

“Yeah, sure!”, I smiled and he helped me getting up.

We walked to the dance floor and started dancing to the song that was playing.

“So… Boyfriend?”, Alex asked.

“Nah. What about you? Girlfriend?”

“Nope.”, he answered.

We kept dancing and soon I felt his hands travelling to my waist.

“Alex?”, I said.

“Yeah?”

“Don’t get me wrong, but we’re just dancing as friends, okay?”

“Of course, don’t worry.”, he smiled. “It’s that guy isn’t it?”, he asked nodding his head in Brian’s direction.

“What about him?”, I asked.

“He’s the one you like, isn’t he?”

“I… I don’t like him.”, I blushed.

“Right. You want me to tell you something?”, he kept going on. “He likes you back.”

I smiled and couldn’t help the butterflies that were invading my stomach.

“He’s always looking over here to see if I try any move on you.”, Alex said. “And you have that glow on your eyes every time you talk to him. Yeah… There’s something going on between you too.”

I chuckled and pushed him away lightly by his chest. “Shut up!”

---- * Brian’s POV * -----

I smiled as I saw they were just dancing as friends. Alex wasn’t trying any move on her and I was glad with that.

“Would you take that silly smile off your face!?”, Jimmy said as he patted my back.

“What?”, I asked him confused.

“That goofy grin you have whenever you look at Hailey.”

“Shut up, dude.”

“You can’t help it anymore, can you?”, Jimmy laughed.

“Help what?”, I asked.

“Hiding the fact that she’s getting to you like no other girl ever did.”

I smiled and took a sip of my Jack and Coke. “She’s special.”

Jimmy gave me a hearty laugh and put his arm around my shoulders.

“She likes you too; she just doesn’t want to admit it.”

“I’ll change that opinion, don’t worry.”, I smiled.

“Come on, go dance with your girl.”, he said as he stood up.

I smirked and put my glass on the counter. I walked over the place Alex and Hailey were and patted his shoulder.

“You mind if I steal her?”, I asked.

“Not at all.”, Alex said. “She’s all yours.”

He smiled and winked at Hailey who just smiled back sheepishly.

I wrapped my arms around her waist and started dancing with her.

---- * Hailey’s POV * ----

“So… Did he ask you on a date?”, Brian asked.

“No. We didn’t talk about dates.”, Hailey answered.

“I was thinking and…”, Brian said looking at me in the eyes. “… maybe we could go on a date.”

I bit my lip and looked at his shoulder. “Just the two of us?”

“Yeah, why not?”, Brian said. “I can take you somewhere really nice.”

“I don’t know…”, I replied chewing on my bottom lip.

“I promise you won’t regret accepting going on a date with me.”, he smirked.

“Oh really?”, I asked to which he nodded triumphantly.

“Okay. We’ll see that.”

“So does that mean you accept it?”, he asked hopefully.

“Next Saturday.”, I nodded.

“Okay. I’ll pick you up next Saturday at… let’s say… 7:30?”

“Okay, sounds good.”, I nodded.

Brian smiled and we kept dancing.

“I think I’ll go now, Jimmy.”, I said. “I’m tired and we have classes tomorrow.”

“I think we all should go…”, Jimmy said.

“Yeah, maybe it’s better.”, Jason said.

“I’ll just go to the bathroom first, okay guys?”, I asked and they nodded.

When I came back I felt someone grabbing my arm and smiling at me.

“Hey, baby girl. Wanna dance?”, he asked.

“No, thanks.”, I said. “I’m already taken…”

“Oh really? I don’t see your boyfriend anywhere.”

“But he is… He’s…”

“Right here.”, Brian said wrapping his arm around my waist. “Is everything okay, baby?”

For some strange reason I liked how Brian called me, but that didn’t matter right now.

“Yeah. Let’s go home, okay?”

We returned home and I went to my bedroom so I could sleep. I knew it was only Sunday but I couldn’t wait until Saturday to arrive!
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, hey! New chapter! :D
I'm gonna be honest with you guys, even though I have tons of ideas for this story I don't feel like you're enjoying it since the only feedback I receive is from one person... :/
Comments are really appreciated ya know? :$

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I can tell you'll enjoy the next chapter even more, muahahaha *Spoiler alert* x)
I like jealous Brian, he's just too cute :3

Don't forget to leave a comment and subscribe! :D
Oh, and tanks for reading! :)

Just to finish, I didn't have time to re-read this and correct the mistakes,so if there are any I'm sorry. I'll correct them tomorrow because now I'm nearly falling asleep in front of the computer. And maybe the chapter is a little crappy because of that, but I wanted to update it, so... :/

Oh, check out this story: The Monster In You. It's awesome and I'm completely addicted to it, and the writer is also awesome! :D Don't forget to read it and leave her a comment ^.^