Status: Updates on Thursdays and Sundays

Vengeance Is a Syn

You Know I Jumped At The First Sign

“How was your weekend?”, I asked Jimmy as soon as I arrived school and started walking with him to the bar.

“Pretty cool. Short Shit and I had some ideas for new songs and I think the rest of the guys will like.”, Jimmy smiled. “You’ve got to listen to them; I think you’ll like them too!”

“Of course I will!”, I said, grinning. “I’m your biggest fan!”

Jimmy chuckled and put an arm around my shoulders.

“How was your weekend? I didn’t see you around on Sunday.”

“Oh, yeah. I… I went to the movies with Emma.”, I lied. I shouldn’t have lied to my best friend, but Brian and I had decided not to tell anyone about the fact that we were dating, and I was keeping my promise to him. Besides, I think it’ll be a lot more fun to see their reactions when they find it by themselves.

“What movie did you watch?”, he asked curiously. Damn, I should have found a better excuse. I hate lying more than once…

“Hum… I actually can’t remember the name…”, I shrugged.

“Oh… Was it cool?”, he asked, removing his arm that was wrapped my shoulders to scare one of the new kids in school.

I laughed and shook my head head.

“Stop scaring the kids! It’s not cool!”, I chuckled.

“It’s my last year in here, I have to enjoy every minute of picking on others.”, he pouted.

“It’s your last year in here if you start having good grades!”, I laughed.

“But that’s why I have you with me! To have good grades.”, he said and I shoved him away by his chest.

“You’re definitely someone else! But yeah, the movie was cool.”, I smiled, hoping he wouldn’t ask any more questions.

We approached the bar and Jimmy asked for some food.

“Didn’t you have breakfast?”, I asked, looking at the amount of buttered toasts he’d bought with wide eyes.

“I did.”, he said with his mouth already full of food. “But I’m hungry!”

I laughed and stole him one toast. He slapped my hand and shook his head.

“That’s my food!”, he said.

“You won’t give me one toast?”, I pouted. “One simple and delicious toast that will make my stomach stop making noises?”

“Didn’t you have breakfast?”, he asked mimicking my previous tone of voice.

“Yeah, I did. But as you said, I’m already hungry as well!”, I smirked.

He chuckled and returned his attention to the food. “Serve yourself!”, he said, moving the plate to the center of the table.

I ate the toast and watched him stuffing his face with food, before the rest of the group showed up.

“Good morning!”, Johnny said greeting us.

Lacey, Matt, Val and Michelle were following behind him and greeted us as well, sitting on the empty chairs around the table.

Where’s Brian? Damn him for not being where I want him to be!

“Already eating?”, Michelle asked.

“Shut up, I was hungry!”, Jimmy said making all of us laugh.

When everyone was sitting and talking, I tapped Val’s shoulder and gave her an apologetic look.

“Hum… Sorry for Saturday night… I shouldn’t have reacted like that…”, I apologized. “Matt already told me what really happened.”

“I know, sweetie. He told me everything.”, she gave me an honest smile. “And it’s okay, I understand. I would have reacted the same way. Or maybe worse!”, she added making me chuckle.

“Thanks. And I’m sorry again.”

“Forget it, Hay!”, she laughed. “And now the serious stuff… The date?”, she sang but not loud enough so that the others could listen.

“It was… It was…”, I said trying to create even more enthusiasm from her part. “It was and will be kept in the God’s secret.”, I smiled innocently at her.

She opened her mouth, not expecting my answer and punched my arm playfully. I snickered and she shook her head, smiling.

“You’re such a bitch sometimes, you know!?”, she asked chuckling.

“You love me!”, I laughed.

“What are you girls whispering over there?”, Brian smirked at me.

“You’re here? I didn’t see you coming.”, I said, smiling.

He approached and kissed my cheek, sitting beside me and wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

“Hey, I was sitting there!”, Jimmy complained, glaring at Brian.

“She prefers to sit beside me, so find another place.”, Brian said.

“No! Hailey, tell him you want to sit by my side!”, Jimmy pouted.

“I don’t want to sit next to any of you.”, I smirked. “I think Michelle will be the best company!”, I added, scooting to her lap.

“Honestly, do you prefer sitting on her lap rather than on mine?”, Jimmy asked surprised.

“Hum-hum.”, I chuckled, putting an arm around her shoulders.

“It’s already time to go to our classes so get your lazy ass out of here and start walking!”, Michelle laughed, ordering me to stand up.

I sighed heavily and stood up against my will.

We all picked up our stuff and left the bar. I let everyone pass me so that I was walking behind them. Brian smiled at me and grabbed my hand, pushing me closer to him. My back hit his chest and he trapped me between his arms, his lips twitching to a smirk. I let out a small chuckle and he lowered his head, but I pressed my hand against his mouth.

“Not here, Bri. Or else they’ll see us!”, I said.

“They won’t see us, they’re walking.”, he said. “And I really want to kiss you.”

“Not here…”, I said showing him my best puppy eyes.

“But why!?”, he said desperately. “If you weren’t so cute I wouldn’t do what you asked.”, he whispered in my ear.

I laughed and pulled away from his grip. “I hate you!”

“No, you don’t!”, he laughed, entering the classroom.

I shook my head and sat on my desk.

He kept looking at me during the whole morning and making silly faces which only made me laugh a lot. I didn’t like spending each break without being able to hug him or kiss him, but I’d be able to do that in a few hours.

When we got out of the classroom he held my hand and walked me outside.

“What are you doing, Bri?”, I asked chuckling.

“Getting you out of here.”

“I can’t believe in you!”, I laughed.

“What?”, he cocked an eyebrow.

“Come here.”, I smiled, wrapping my arms around his middle and pushing him closer.

“Is it safe to kiss you, now?”, he mumbled sheepishly, looking at my eyes.

I bit my lip and nodded. His lips twitched to a smile again as he bent his head down and pressed his lips to mines.

“Dude, I told you they’d end up in some kind of relationship.”, we heard Jimmy whispering from behind us.

I told you that, you idiot. You said they’d never admit it.”, Johnny whispered back.
“No, I didn’t!”

“Yes, you did.”

“Did not!”

“Shut up, fuckers!”, Matt hissed, slapping their heads.

I had to pull away from the kiss chuckling because of their reactions. Brian laughed as well, passing a hand through my hair, pushing some of it out of my face.

“I’ve been waiting the whole morning to do that!”, I whispered.

“Me too. But you wouldn’t let me…”, he pouted.

We heard some murmuring in the background and then Jimmy slapping Johnny’s head again.

“Shut the fuck up, Short Shit!”, Jimmy said.“, I can’t hear them!”

“If you weren’t speaking you’d be able to listen!”, Johnny retorted.

“Guys!”, Brian said. “You know we can hear you, don’t you?”

And with that I started laughing. I tilted my head back and saw them coming from behind the lockers with a ‘busted’ expression on their faces. Brian spooned me around in his arms and rested his chin on my shoulder, chuckling as they looked awkwardly at each other. He laced his fingers with mine and we stood there, waiting for them to speak.

“Hum… So…”, Jimmy said.

“What a lovely day it is today, huh?”, Matt said looking at the window.

“Yeah, yeah. It’s sunny and hot and love is in the air.”, Johnny said, earning a desperate sigh from Jimmy.

“You know it’s very rude to eavesdrop, don’t you?”, I asked laughing.

“We weren’t eavesdropping!”, Johnny said.

“We were just walking and saw you there, that’s all…”, Matt added.

“Since when are you two dating each other?”, Jimmy asked cocking his eyebrow.

Brian looked at me and I smiled. “It’s only since yesterday…”, I answered.

He nodded and kissed my cheek. Jimmy ran in our direction and gave us a tight hug, lifting us from the ground.

“Jimmy. Can’t. Breathe!”, I said.

He pulled away and Matt and Johnny were behind him.

“So that’s why you were so happy when you arrived home!”, Matt stated.

“Wait…”, Jimmy said and it seemed like he already had a sequence of thoughts organized in his head. “If you got together yesterday how did you go to cinema with Emma?”

“I didn’t go…”, I answered looking down.

“She was with me the whole time; we didn’t tell you because she wanted to see your reactions today.”, Brian explained.

“But congratulations, guys.”, Johnny said, making us smile.

“Thanks, Short Shit.”, Brian said.

“Now you’re the only one who’s single, Jimbo!”, I smirked.

“That won’t last for long, no one’s able to resist my charm!”, Jimmy smiled proudly.

“Who’s not able to resist your charm?”, Leana asked, walking from her classroom to our place.

“Nobody!”, Jimmy smirked.

“Like if that was true!”, she said, laughing.

We walked to cafeteria to have lunch and Brian held my hand.

When we arrived there I took my hand out of his hold and he eyed me curiously.

“What’s wrong?”, he asked.

“I don’t want to get any funny looks…”, I answered, biting on my bottom lip.

“What do you mean?”, he asked confused.

“You know that you’re considered one of the ‘popular’ guys… And it’s no lie that you have lots of girls trying to get in your pants…”, I sighed. “I just don’t want to be hated like your other girlfriends…”

“They want to get in my pants?”, he smirked.

“Brian, this is not funny!”, I said, walking to the counter to get my food.

“I’m sorry, Hailey.”, he apologized following behind me. “But they won’t hate you.”

“Some of them hate me just because I’m your best friend. I don’t even want to imagine how they’ll react if they knew we’re dating!”, I said, choosing a plate and pouring water into a glass.

“Who cares what they think?”, he said. “If I’m with you it means I like you. What does that have to do with them?”

“You know what I mean, Bri…”, I said looking at him.

“And you know that what I’m saying is true. Fuck what others think.”, he said caressing my cheek.

“But I don’t want other girls hating on me. I already have Gena to do that job!”

“You won’t have other girls hating on you.”, he said kissing me softly. “And would you like not to be able to kiss me because of them.”, he smiled playfully.

“Of course not.”, I laughed, grabbing my food and walking to our table.

The place where we used to eat was on the back of the room, surrounded by the football players and cheerleaders. It’s not a surprise that most of those girls already had attempted to have something with the guys – and I don’t blame them, because I admit they’re really good looking. But that doesn’t mean I don’t get jealous with the looks they send Brian.

The journey to our table seemed like walking to Hell for me. I could feel their eyes on me and that was something I hated. I hated being the one people were giving attention to. And I hated being the one they talked about. I should already be used to that, but I wasn’t, and I’d never accustom myself to it.

“Ignore them.”, Brian said. “It’s me and you that matters. Not them.”

I nodded and felt relieved when I reached the table.

“Is what we saw over there true!?”, Val asked, already jumping up and down with the excitement.

“Did you just kiss!?”, Emma blurted out.

I looked at Brian and we both laughed.

“It really is true!”, Lacey exclaimed, getting out of her chair to hug me.

“Hey, don’t steal my girl!”, Brian joked, pushing me to him.

“I’m sorry, Mr. Haner. It was not my intention to do that.”, Lacey joked back. “I wouldn’t trade my little gnome for anything in this world!”, she said, sitting on Johnny’s lap and giving him a quick peck.

“Aww, you’re so cute together!”, I said.

“So are you!”, Michelle said.

“We know. We’re the perfect couple!”, Brian said, kissing my cheek and making me blush.
“Okay, guys. Stop it. Attention - you’re making people look over here!”, I said, sitting down.
“Who cares about that?”, Matt asked.

“I do!”, I said.

“We don’t.”, he said, smirking.

“You’re an idiot!”, I poked my tongue at him.

They laughed and everyone ate their lunch.

“Hey, you’re alive!”, I said when Zacky finally appeared. “Where have you been the whole morning?”

“What does it matter to you, Hailey?”, Gena asked, sounding unpleased with my question.

“Jeez, I was just asking him why he hadn’t come in the morning! Calm down!”

“I fell asleep.”, Zacky answered, grabbing a chair from another table to sit after greeting everyone. “And I decided I’d only come for the afternoon.”

“Lazy bastard.”, Brian said making us chuckle.

“So… Are you going to get me a chair so I can sit, or not?”, Gena asked Zacky.

“Grab one yourself; I’m not your slave.”, Zacky answered.

Gena sighed and crossed her arms over chest.

“You’re so lazy! Sometimes I wonder why we’re together!”, she hissed, storming out of the cafeteria.

“I ask the same thing!”, Zacky said, finally resting on his chair and making us laugh now that she was gone.

“How can you put up with her?”, Jimmy asked.

“Patience! Lots and lots of patience!”, Zacky answered. “Anyway, what’s new?”

“Oh, you know who’s together?”, Val asked, grinning.

He shook his head and she looked at us. Zacky furrowed his eyebrows and tilted his head to the side.

“You two are dating?”, he asked.

“Yup.”, Brian said proudly and I pecked his lips.

“Cool!”, he said but not with the same enthusiasm as the others.

“Is everything okay, Zee?”, I asked concerned.

“Yeah, of course.”, he smiled. “Uh… Congratulations on that!”

“Thanks!”, we both said.

We stood there for some more minutes until we had to get back to our classes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay, new update! ^.^
Hope you enjoy it! Leave a comment? Pretty please? :3

Thank you for reading, subscribing and commenting! I love you! ♥
And here, have a Brian gif just for you! :)
Image