Status: Updates on Thursdays and Sundays

Vengeance Is a Syn

Now Take A Trip With Me

Val, Jimmy, Johnny and I were sitting in the back seats and Brian was driving. Zacky was sitting in the front and Matt was next to Val. He’d switch to the front seats when it was his time to take the wheel. The car journey would take us about 17 hours, so the guys would drive almost 6 hours each.

3 hours had already passed when Brian parked the car. They’d agreed on stopping the car for some minutes so they could change the driver and take a little break.

“Hailey, will you go to that store and buy some stuff?”, Matt asked. “We’ll only stop to eat at 9 or something like that.”

“Yeah, sure!”, I said, turning to Johnny. “Come with me?”

“Hum-hum.”, he nodded and we started walking.

We bought chips, cookies, sodas, sandwiches and a ton of other shit that was everything but healthy. Zacky started driving and by half past nine he stopped by Mc Donald’s to get some food. We ate while he drove a little bit more and then he switched places with Matt. Brian sat next to Matt and Zacky sat next to me, finally having his dinner.

“When will we stop to get some sleep?”, Val whined. “I’m tired.”

“We’ll keep driving for some time…”, Matt answered, taking his eyes off the road to look at her. “Try to get some sleep… We’ll have to wake up early tomorrow…”

“Okay…”, she mumbled, resting her head on the window.

“What about you, Hailey?”, Zacky asked, looking at me.

“What about me?”

“Are you tired?”

“Yeah, a little…”, I shrugged. “But I can wait until we get to the hotel, I think.”

“Okay.”, he said, ruffling my hair.

I chuckled and slapped his arm playfully. “When will we stop, Mattie?”

“I don’t know…”, he said, drinking his coke. “We have 10 hours left until we get to Colorado.”

“Okay…”, I sighed, resting my head on Zacky’s shoulder.

“You want me to sit next to you?”, Brian asked from the front seat.

“Nah, I think I’m gonna go get some rest…”, I mumbled. “You mind if I use you as my pillow?”, I asked Zacky.

“Of course not.”, he smiled, putting his arm around my shoulders so I would be more comfortable.

“You sure you don’t want me there?”, Brian asked. “At least you wouldn’t bother Zack.”

“She’s not bothering, don’t worry.”, Zacky smiled. “And we still have a long course until we stop …”

I heard Brian muttering something under his breath and turning to face the road again.

“Just shut up and focus on the road.”, I mumbled, closing my eyes.

I felt Zacky’s chest moving up and down with his chuckle and he stroked my hair. Matt turned the volume up a bit and now you could only hear Metallica’s Black Album playing.

I placed my head and my hand on Zacky’s chest and fell asleep quickly. I only woke up when I felt two arms lifting me up bridal style and carrying me out of the car. I opened my eyes and saw it was still dark outside.

“Where are we?”, I mumbled with a sleepy voice, wrapping my arms around Zacky’s neck and letting my head fall to his shoulder again.

“We’re crashing on this hotel for some time…”, he whispered.

“And what time is it?”, I asked, trying to keep my eyes opened.

“Four in the morning.”, he answered. “We’ll leave by ten. That way we can get there by 2 PM.”
I nodded. “Where’s Bri?”

He sighed and walked inside the hotel, where I could hear Jimmy and Johnny talking.

“He’s checking in… Matt took Val to his room, you’ll stay with Brian and I’ll stay with Johnny and Jim.”

“Okay.”, I sighed. “Can you take me to my room, please?”

He nodded and carried me to the room next to Matt and Val’s.

“Think you can stand by yourself until Brian gets here?”, Zacky chuckled as I got out of his embrace.

“Yeah, I can.”, I smiled and yawned. “Thanks for the ride!”

“Anytime.”, he smiled back, looking at my eyes.

He kept looking at me for some time until I gazed at my shoes, not knowing what to do. Sure he was my friend, but I found it a bit odd to be standing in the hallway looking at him, while I was waiting for the rest of the people to show up. We heard the elevator’s door opening and looked at it. Jimmy was picking on Johnny and Brian was laughing at them.

They approached us and Brian shot me a small smile. I think he’s just tired from all the driving.

I hugged the three boys goodnight and entered the room with Brian.

The room had a double sized bed, a TV and a bathroom. It was enough for a night and it was clean.

“You wanna go to the bathroom first?”, he asked me.

“No, you can go.”, I said.

He nodded and closed the door.

What’s going on with him?

I opened my backpack and took my pajamas out. I dressed the gray shorts and one of Matt’s shirts that I had stolen and Brian came out of the bathroom with his shirt and boxers.

“You can go now.”, he said, leaving the bathroom’s door opened.

“Thanks.”, I said, walking over there.

I brushed my teeth and did what I had to do. When I came out of it, Brian was lying on the bed and starring at the ceiling.

“What’s gotten into you?”, I asked, crawling to the place next to him.

“Hum?”, he blinked, looking at me. “Oh… Nothing… I’m just… I’m just tired.”

I raised my eyebrow and sighed, lying down next to him.

“You know… You can talk to me…”

“I know, don’t worry.”, he smiled.

“Of course I worry, Brian!”, I said. “You’re acting strange! Tell me what’s going on!”

“It’s just… I don’t know…”, he sighed, rubbing his face. “It’s weird seeing you with Zack.”

“Huh?”, I was definitely confused now.

“Seeing you sleep cuddled up with him…”, he explained, looking at the ceiling again.

“Brian, are you jealous?”, I laughed, using my elbow as a support, so I could look down at him.

“Of course I’m not!”, he said.

“Oh my god, you really are jealous!”, I laughed even more but he sighed. “Bri, I don’t like Zacky. And I wouldn’t trade you for anything!”

“I just don’t like seeing him all over you.”

“He’s dating Gena, and I’d never have something with him again.”, I said. “And I really, really like you…”

“You do?”, he asked, and for the first time I thought he was somewhat scared of the answer I would give to his question.

“Of course I do.”, I nodded, looking at him in the eyes. “I wish I didn’t like you this much, but I do, and therefore, you have to trust me as much as I trust you, kiss me and hug me whenever I want to, talk to me and cheer me up when I’m sad and spend your days with me.”, I smirked.

“I don’t know if I want to do that…”, Brian said and I looked at him in shock. Okay, that wasn’t what I was expecting to hear…

“I’m going to kidnap you so that you’re mine forever. And I won’t kiss you only when you want me to, I’ll do that all the time.”, he smirked and I sighed in relief.

“Just don’t kidnap me… Matt would kick your ass if you did that.”, I said making him chuckle.
“I can cope with him.”, he smiled, hovering over me and pecking my lips.

“No, you can’t. He’s much stronger than you!”

“You think I can’t beat your brother?”, he chuckled and I nodded. “So much confidence you have on your boyfriend!”

I laughed and wrapped my arms around his neck, bringing his lips close to mines.

His lips travelled to my jaw and then he trailed soft kisses down my throat. He sucked on my sweet spot and I closed my eyes, biting on my lip.

“Brian…”, I managed to say. “Maybe we should get some sleep…”

“No…”, he whined, nibbling on my earlobe. “I won’t be driving tomorrow…”

“But we have to leave by 10…”

“We can sleep on the car!”

“You have no remedy!”, I chuckled, kissing him. “But come on. If you don’t get some sleep you’re gonna look like a zombie tomorrow!”

He sighed and got off top of me. “Fine.”

I giggled and kissed his cheek, getting comfy under the bed sheets.

He put an arm around my waist and pushed me to him, my back hitting his chest and we both fell asleep.

Zacky and Matt resumed the trip to Colorado and as they had planned, we arrived at my grandparents’ house by 2 PM.

We grabbed our bags and settled our stuff in the two spare rooms that were there.

Val and I would sleep in one of the rooms and the guys would try to fit in the other room.

During the weekend I got to spend every day with my grandpa. We told the news to each other, I introduced him Brian as my boyfriend, we did some farm work and my favorite part was that we got to enjoy each other’s company for a few of days.

The funniest part was when Val tried to help Matt milking the cows. Jimmy and I stopped checking the horses just to see Matt trying to teach her how to do it and we could barely breathe because we were laughing so much.

She just couldn’t get close to the cows because she was scared of them, and she never imagined my grandparents had a farm, so I had to lend her my clothes or else she’d be walking around with heels and uncomfortable clothes.

She provided us a lot of laughter and my grandpa approved her relationship with Matt. He thought she was a fun and easy-going girl.

On Sunday afternoon we were ready to leave.

“I don’t want to leave…”, I whined, zipping my backpack.

“Me neither…”, Jimmy said, sitting on the living room’s couch. “Do you mind if we stay here, Arnold?”, he asked my grandpa.

“Of course I don’t!”, he chuckled. “You guys help me with the animals and the farm.”

“I think I had enough of the farm life!”, Val said, sitting next to Jimmy and making us laugh.

“Once you get used to it you prefer it over the city!”, my grandpa said.

“I think I’ll never grow tired of the city…”, she said. “I love Huntington too much. And I miss the beach already!”

“Well, yeah… I really like the beach too.”, I nodded. “But the next time you come here you’ll like it more, I promise.”

“Just be careful with the clothes you choose.”, Matt mocked.

“I learnt my lesson!”, she chuckled.

We said goodbye to both of my grandparents and started the journey back to sunny California.

I really enjoyed these days. It was nice spending some time with my grandpa and on the farm.

“We should repeat this some time.”, Zacky said.

“Yeah… But it can’t be in the summer, we already have my uncles’ house just for us.”, Johnny said.

“How did you convince your uncles to let us spend two weeks there?”, Jimmy asked.

“I just did.”, Johnny smirked. “I can be really persuasive when I want to!”

Brian laughed and Johnny slapped the back of his head.

“Short shit being persuasive?”, Brian said through fits of laughing. “That’s hilarious, dude!”
“Hailey, Brian is not coming with us for those weeks.”, Johnny said.

“Of course he is!”, I said. “If he doesn’t go I won’t go, and if I don’t go, the girls won’t go, and if the girls don’t go, their boyfriends won’t go either, and that leaves no one left to go. So, as you can see, Brian is a really important piece of the puzzle. He has to go.”

Brian grinned at me and Johnny opened his mouth in disbelief.

“Have I told you how much I love having you as my girlfriend?”, Brian laughed, kissing my cheek.

“I’m just defending my interests.”, I joked.

“You guys are no fun!”, Johnny sulked, crossing his arms over his chest.

“Don’t be sad, Short Shit.”, Jimmy said, punching his arm playfully.

“Just shut up, dude. None of you will go to my uncles’ house!”

“Oh, that’s not very nice of you!”, Val faked a shocked expression.

“Exactly.”, Matt nodded.

“If you don’t let us go to your uncles’ house you’re out of the band!”, Zacky joked.

“You wouldn’t do that!”, Johnny said.

“Of course we would. Bass players are not that important!”, Jimmy joined the joke.

“Fuck you guys!”, Johnny shouted, showing them his middle finger and making us all burst into laughing.

A couple of days later


”Attention, girls and boys!”, a girl’s voice echoed through the school speakers. ”As you all know, the prom date is almost here. To buy your entry pass, just talk to any of the people who’re part of the group that is organizing the event. Keep in mind that you have to wear something that suits the color scheme chosen by us. We hope to see you all there, have a great day!”

“Hailey, Hailey! We have to go buy our passes!”, Emma said, linking her arm with mine.

“What!?”, I nearly choked on my lunch. “In no way I’m going to that prom.”

“Why?”, Lacey asked. “I convinced Johnny going with me.”

“Yeah, and I’m going with Jimmy too…”, Leana answered.

“Come on, girls… That’s not my type of thing…”

“But it’ll be so much fun!”, Emma said.

“Yeah, we’ll get to wear cool dresses, have a fun night…”, Michelle added.

“Come on, come on, come on!”, Val whined. “Come with us, will you?”

“Brian won’t mind being your date!”, Lacey said. “He’ll love seeing you all dressed up!”

“Yes!”, Leana nodded. “It’ll be so much fun!”

“He probably doesn’t want to go…”, I groaned.

“Of course he wants to go!”, Val said. “Each of the guys is going, so he’ll go too!”

“Look, they’re walking towards here.”, Michelle pointed at the cafeteria’s door where they were greeting some friends.

I sighed and finished my lunch, grabbing the tray and putting it in the trash.

When I returned to our table they were already sitting there. I wrapped my arms around Brian’s shoulders and kissed his cheek.

“Hey, baby.”, he smiled, pushing me to his lap. “I have something to ask you.”

“Shoot.”, I smiled.

“Will you be my date for prom?”, he smiled back, waiting for my answer.

“See?”, Emma smirked. “I told you he’d ask you to be his date!”

“Why wouldn’t I?”, Brian chuckled. “She’s my perfect girlfriend.”, he smiled, kissing me quickly.

“How can I refuse that when you tell me things like that?”, I pouted.

“Just admit it. You can’t refuse it because I’m too awesome.”, he smirked. “And good-looking!”

“You’re so fucking cocky!”, I laughed. “But I can’t deny you’re good looking…”

“And awesome!”

“Nah, that’s too much for you.”

“Is it?”, he said as he started tickling me.

“Stop it!”, I laughed, standing up and walking away from him.

“Where are you going?”, he asked, pouting.

“Buying our prom passes!”, I groaned, walking out of the canteen. “Emma, let’s go!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I kind of figured an update schedule.
You can expect the updates for this story on Thursday's and Sunday's.
If I can't update in any of those days I'll warn you in the previous chapter :)

Thank you Synful Shadows for commenting!
Thank you for reading and subscribing! ^.^