Status: Updates on Thursdays and Sundays

Vengeance Is a Syn

No, I Never Say I'm Always Right

I looked around and all I could see was people hanging out with their friends and having a good time. There was still no sign of Brian, and I was really starting to get worried.
“Hey, Hailey!”, Sophie said excitedly, waking me up from my thoughts. I didn’t even realize she was there until I heard her voice.

We didn’t talk much after the time when we met, about two months ago, but we would greet each other and share some words if we ever crossed in the school corridors.

“Oh, hi!”, I smiled at her.

“You’re looking really great tonight!”, she said, smiling.

“Thank you!”, I grinned. “You look awesome too!”

“Aw, thanks!”, she laughed. “So you’re all by yourself?”

“I’m just waiting for Brian…”, I answered. “You haven’t seen him, have you?”

“The Haner?”, she asked and I nodded. “No, haven’t seen him tonight, so far.”

I sighed and nodded. “Okay, thank you!”

“You’re welcome.”, she said. “Have a good night!”

“You too!”, I replied with a small smile.

She smiled and waved, leaving the outdoors to go inside.

Even though the outside was full of people it was a bit cold for my dress, so I headed back inside and walked to the drinks booth.

I asked the bartender for something to drink, not really bothering what he was going to choose. When he handed me the drink, I took a sip of it and sat down in one of the sofas that were there. Minutes later, Jimmy appeared and sat beside me.

“Come on, Hay!”, he whined, using his fingers to move my lips to a grin. “Smile!”

“I don’t want to…”, I moaned. “I’m worried…”

“He’s fine. Don’t worry about him!”, he reassured me.

“Are you hiding something from me!?”, I asked him, suspicious with the way they were dealing with the situation. If this was happening in any other day they’d be as freaked out as me.

“What!?”, he screamed. “Of course not! We don’t have any secrets!”

“It looks like you do!”, I pouted. “Why are you all acting like this!? Do you know something I don’t!?”

“Not that I know.”, he shrugged. “He’ll be here soon, don’t worry.”, he smiled, squeezing my shoulder.

“You said that an hour ago…”, I frowned.

“I made a mistake, I was meant to say it now!”, he said, making me chuckle lightly.

“I just want to know if everything’s alright with him, you know?”, I rested my elbows on my knees and supported my head on my hands.

“Yeah, I know what you’re meaning.”, he nodded. “But forget about it!”, he stood up, grabbing my hand and pushing me away from the couch.

I whined and he just rolled his eyes.

“Come on!”, he laughed. “You’re all beautiful tonight, let’s make some guys jealous of Brian.”, he said, making me laugh. “And me!”, he winked his eye at me, making me laugh even more.

“What would I do if you weren’t here, Jimmy?”, I laughed, making him smirk proudly.

“I’ll take that as a compliment!”, he smiled. He held my hand, lifted it up a bit and bowed slightly in front of me. “Now, would you lovely girl agree with dancing with me!?”

I laughed and joined his joke. “It would be a great pleasure!”

We started dancing and soon the others joined us. They made me forget about Brian and I was having a good time.

A few moments later, I spotted some black spiky hair entering the room. I stood on my tip toes so I could see the person better and let out a triumphant sound when I saw that my suspicions were right. It was Brian. Finally he was here!

I took in his appearance and smiled at myself. He was looking extremely good – he was wearing a black and white pinstriped jacket and black trousers, and his eyes were slightly outlined with thick black eyeliner.

Jimmy smiled and told me he was going to dance with Leana. I nodded and as soon as he left my side, Brian was already a few feet away from me, smiling.

I crossed my arms over my chest and tilted an eyebrow.

“Wow…”, he simply said, stopping in front of me, his eyes glued to my frame. “You… You look gorgeous!”

He eyed me from my toes to my hair and I felt my cheeks burning with his stare.

“Where were you?”, I asked with a calm voice, looking at him.

“I… I was…”, he said, pointing at the door, with a lost expression in his face. “I got late with getting ready and when I looked at the time I saw that this had already started an hour ago…”

I looked down, shaking my head and sighed. In no way I’d buy that lie. It hurt so much to know that he was lying to me that I think I wouldn’t feel as bad as I am feeling right now if he told me the real reason why he got so late. The thing that hurt the most was definitely knowing that he preferred to lie than telling the truth.

“Hey, what’s wrong?”, he stepped in my direction and used his fingers to tilt my face up.
“You’re lying to me…”, I said, feeling the tears forming in the back of my eyes.

“What?”, he looked at my eyes. He looked like he was almost begging me to believe that he was telling the truth. “Hailey, I’m not lying to you!”

“You want me to believe that you spent one whole fucking hour getting ready!?”, the tears were almost reaching the point of falling down my eyes. “You can tell me the truth, Brian. It would hurt so much less than knowing that you’re lying to me!”

I jerked his hand away from my chin and stormed out of the place where I was. He grabbed my wrist and turned me to him.

“Hailey-…”

“No!”, I said, getting out of his hold. “Let me go!”

I started running to the closest place I could find that had less people and felt my friends staring at me with confused looks on their faces. When I got to a place outside, I sat down in the ground and let the tears fall since there was nobody around.

“Hailey…”, Brian said, approaching me. The tone of his voice almost had my heart breaking.
“Leave, please!”, I said, through sobs.

“Hailey, please listen to me!”, he said, kneeling down next to me and enveloping me in his arms.

“No! Let me go!”, I cried, trying to take his arms off of me even though they were one of the few things that could calm me down. Unfortunately, he was way stronger than me, so my task wasn’t succeeded.

“Shh, baby… Don’t cry…”, he whispered in my hair, kissing it.

“Let me go…”, I cried, grabbing two fistfuls of his shirt. “I don’t want to see you!”

“Don’t say that, please… Please just listen to me.”, he pleaded. “I’m not lying to you!”, he said and hesitated a bit before speaking again. “It’s true… I wasn’t late because I was getting ready… But I can’t tell you the real reason… At least right now…”

“Why?”, I looked up at him and he cleaned my cheeks. I’m sure they were all smudged with make-up.

“I just can’t…”, he gave me that look that could make my heart break again. “Hailey, do you trust me?”

I looked down and nodded. “I’m afraid I trust you too much.”

“I need you to trust me tonight, Hailey… Can you do that for me?”

“But why!?”, I whispered.

“I just need you to do that… Please, Hailey.”, he caressed my cheek. “I love you.”, he rested his forehead against mine.

“How can I trust you if you don’t tell me the truth!?”, he bit his lip and looked at my eyes again.
“I promise you I’ll tell you the reason later in the night, okay?”, he said, his eyes pleading me to agree with him. “I love you, Hay. I‘m not lying to you… I wouldn’t do that!”

I looked down and debated whether I should agree or not.

“Please…”, he whispered. I bit my lip and met his eyes.

“O…Okay…”, I nodded. I wasn’t really sure if I should believe him or not, but everyone deserves a chance to prove that they’re right.

He sighed in relief and pressed his thin lips against my forehead.

“I promise I’ll tell you the reason, just trust me, okay?”

I was getting scared and scared with all of this. What the fuck was he planning?

“Okay… But I don’t like this…”, I mumbled, sniffling and clearing the last tears.

“You’ll like it when you find out what it is.”, he smiled at me. “But now just stop crying okay? Your face is too beautiful to be full of tears.”

I smiled and giggled softly.

“Have I told you how stunning you look tonight!?”, he whispered in my ear.

“No…”, I chuckled. “But now I must look horrible and full of smeared make-up!”

“You still look beautiful to me.”, I couldn’t help but blush and smile at that comment.

“You don’t look back, either.”, I smirked, fishing for my mirror in my purse. He let out a surprised sound and I chuckled, fixing my make-up.

“I just don’t want you to doubt about my feelings for you…”, he said, once I finished fixing everything.

“I… I’m not doubting them…”, I grabbed his hands. “I was just scared you were… doing something else… and didn’t tell me what it was.”

He chuckled and brought my hands to his lips, pressing them lightly to the back of my hands.

“I’m sorry… Just a few more hours and you’ll know the real reason, huh?”, he smiled at me and I nodded. “You wanna go back inside?”

“Yeah, maybe it’s better…”, he nodded and stood up, helping me get up as well.

He looped his arms around my waist and I kissed him softly, running a hand through his hair once we pulled away.

“I love you.”, I whispered, my lips twitching to a smile.

“I love you more!”, he grinned, pecking my lips.

I giggled and laced our fingers, walking inside.

Once the rest of the group saw us, their features softened and they smiled at us.

“Is everything okay between you two?”, Val asked, concerned.

“Yeah, it was just a misunderstanding.”, Brian said, wrapping one arm around my hips and kissing my temple.

“Hum-hum.”, I smiled, leaning to his side.

“Good, I wouldn’t like seeing you apart. It’d be a nightmare for us!”, Johnny stated and I poked my tongue at him.

“Shut up, Short Shit!”

“Hey! The midget is telling the truth, I agree with him!”, Jimmy said, making Johnny smile, swollen with pride.

I flipped them off and turned to face Brian. “You wanna dance?”

“Sure.”, he smiled, leading me to where the people were dancing with their partners.

When the song switched to a much slower one, Brian moved his hands to my hips and pushed me closer to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and rested my head on his shoulder. We were so close and it felt so right. It was times like these that I couldn’t understand how I hadn’t figure it out that I had such an amazing guy by my side for my whole life!

I smiled as I saw the guys dancing with their girlfriends and Jimmy dancing with Leana.

I closed my eyes and inhaled Brian’s scent, tightening my hold on him and making us stay much more closer to each other, if that was possible. He kissed my cheek and locked his eyes with mine, with an expression that I couldn’t quite figure out what it meant.

“What?”, I asked with a small smile.

“I have a surprise for you.”, he said, taking some hair out of my face. I grinned and looked at him again.

“What is it? I want to know what it is!”, I said excitedly.

“You’ll see.”, he smirked. “Just tell me when you’re ready to leave and I’ll show you.”

“Don’t do that!”, I pouted. “If I’ll only know what it is under that condition… Then I’m ready to leave!”

He chuckled and hugged me again.

“I’m serious!”, I said.

“You’re too adorable, you know that?”, I scoffed and he laughed.

“Come on, let’s say goodbye to the guys and let’s go.”, I said as I laced our fingers and searched for everyone.

“You’re leaving already?”, Matt asked.

“Yeah, guess your sister’s a bit too impatient!”, Brian chuckled.

I glared at him and slapped his chest playfully. “I’m not!”

“Sure!”, he nodded, smirking.

“Then I guess I’ll see you guys tomorrow!”, Val said.

“Yup.”, I smiled, hugging each of them goodbye.

“You’re not coming with us, later?”, Zacky asked as he approached us.

“No… We’re already leaving…”, I said.

“Oh…”, he nodded. “Okay… Have a good night then…”

“Thanks, Zee!”, I smiled, hugging him.

He shot us a small smile and we left. Once we were outside, I looked at Brian and he cocked his eyebrow.

“You can tell me now… What the surprise is!”, I said.

“Hum… I’ll think about it!”, he smirked, grabbing my hand and making me walk with him.
“But you promised!”, I whined.

“I know, I was fooling with you.”, he said. “Let’s get in the car.”

“Okay…”, I mumbled, following him and entering the car.

The ride was rather quick and when he parked the car, he got out of his seat and opened the door for me, blocking a way out for me. I frowned and looked up.

“Brian, I need to get out!”

“Just one last thing…”, he said. “I need you to cover your eyes.”

“Brian… What the fuck is going on!? I don’t like this!”

“I’ll be by your side the whole time. It’s not like I’m gonna leave you out there alone and with your eyes covered!”, he laughed. “May I?”, he asked, raising his hand that was holding a tie.
I bit my lip nervously and he grabbed my hands, helping me stand up.

“Don’t you dare leaving my side!”

He nodded and I turned around, letting him tie the strap around my eyes.

He held my hand and told me which way I should follow. He fulfilled his promise and never left my side, but when I felt sand entering through my heels I frowned. I wasn’t liking this a single bit anymore.

I heard him chuckle and picking me up bridal style. “Brian, I’m gonna take of this tie, I don’t like this anymore!”

“Wait just a second…”, I felt him moving forward and then he placed me down again. He proceeded in untying the strap and pushed me so that my back was resting against his chest. He smiled and wrapped his arms around my waist, kissing my cheek.

“Surprise!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Lol, now it's time for you to imagine what the surprise is! :D
I really liked reading the comments this time, because there was only one person who got it right, and said that Brian was planning a surprise! xD
I'm sorry, but he won't fuck things up (this time)... :/

Anyway, I re-wrote this chapter 3 times and it still didn't come out as I planned, so I'm sorry if it's crappy... :(

Thank you for commenting!
Synful Shadows
xMShadowSwag
Kukilein
Angelina Saunders