Status: Updates on Thursdays and Sundays

Vengeance Is a Syn

True As Can Be

On the next morning, I woke up feeling the spot next to me empty as goose bumps appeared on my skin, because of the lack of heat that came from Brian’s body. I stretched my arms and cracked my eyes open, smiling when I saw him walking out of the bathroom that was attached to the room. He smiled back at me and rushed to the bed, jumping on top of it and pressing his lips against mine in a soft motion.

“Mm, you could have woken me up,” I mumbled, looping my arms around his shoulders as I took in the sight of his already fully clothed body.

“I couldn’t do that,” he smiled, pecking my lips once more. “You were looking too cute,” he added, making my cheeks burn to a slight red. It was funny how he never ceased to make me blush with just a few words.

“You’re way too sweet,” I smiled, caressing his hair and threading my fingers in it.

He shot me a small, saddened smile and I frowned a bit, not understanding why he was reacting that way. “I’ve gotta make up for what I did these last months… And if telling you how beautiful I think you are helps removing the guilt I feel for putting you through so much shit like I did… I’ll do that all the time, because I can’t help but feel like I’ve been a complete asshole to you,” he muttered as his knuckles grazed over my cheekbones.

I beamed at his confession, feeling my heart swelling even more at his words, and shook my head, cupping his face and making him look down at me. “You don’t need to make it up to me, Bri,” I reassured him. “And you’re not an asshole. You were angry, and scared that I would leave you… I get it, real-…”

“No, Hay,” he closed his eyes, shaking his head. “Don’t try to apologize my actions. I know I have a lot of things to fix, and I will change all of those things with time… But in the meantime be prepared for a shitload of compliments, because I won’t spend a day without telling you how much I love you,” he added, making my smile enlarge even more at the sweetness of his speech. He dipped his head down and connected our lips in a soft kiss, his fingers tangling in the hairs at the back of my neck.

“I love you, Bri,” I whispered as he pulled away, my eyes still shining because of his previous words.

“I love you, too, Hay,” he smiled. “And I won’t lose you again.”

A few moments later, we both decided it would be better for us to leave the room and meet the rest of the guys downstairs, so that they wouldn’t think something strange was going on, for us to be taking so long.

Contrary to our usual routine, today we had decided to visit town during the morning and only go to the beach when we returned. Having made the deal of trying to make our friends believe that me and Brian were still mad at each other made it impossible for me to spend any second close to him, or else I would probably do something that would give us away. He didn’t make the task easier, though, seeing as he was always ‘accidentally’ scrapping his hands against mine or shooting me one of his smirks. I have no idea how I managed to spend all of that time without acting like a complete retard, trying to stay away from him, but the truth is that no one questioned my behavior, which made me think that maybe I’m a better actress than I thought I was.

After lunch, we sat at the local park, me sitting a lot of feet away from Brian. He had spent the whole lunch time teasing me, sitting on the chair beside me and trailing his free hand up and down my thigh, under the table, until he slipped his fingers further, making me curse at the idea of having dressed a skirt.

I watched as he put his cigar down on the ground, stomping it with his foot, and then shuddered as he looked up and smirked at me, being awfully aware of the state he had put me in. He licked his lips and then cleared his throat, approaching the place where Matt and Jimmy sat, his eyes still trained on mine. “I’m gonna go take a walk in here,” he said, his eyes finally travelling to my brother and my best friend. “I’ll see you guys later.”

And with that, he left the place where we were, looking over his shoulder one last time only to send me a look that had me weak to the knees. Again. Damn him for being so irresistible.

I gathered my thoughts and cleared my throat, suddenly being very aware of the chat that Lacey and Val were having when they started calling my name.

“Earth to Hailey!” Val sang, waving a hand in front of my face.

I blinked and looked at her with a dumbfounded look on my face, having no idea of what she was saying before. “W-what?”

Lacey cocked her eyebrow and eyed me with a suspicious look. “What’s wrong with you? You’ve been acting completely spaced out ever since the beginning of the day!”

I blushed and stood up, cleaning the dirt from my skirt and smiling apologetically. “It’s just the heat that’s messing with me,” I lied, using my hand as a fan to add extra convincing. “I need to use the bathroom,” I added, looking around. “I’ll see you girls later.”

I rushed out of that place, ignoring the looks they were giving me, and followed the path that Brian had taken, trying to find him somewhere in the middle of those trees. I gasped as I felt a hand wrapping around my wrist, squealing when it pushed me inside of the green leafy mess and pinned me against one of the trees, both knees pressing my body against the wood. In a fraction of seconds, Brian’s lips were on mine, his hand cupping my face while the other tangled on my hair.

I moaned at his contact, finally having his lips on mine, and grabbed his shoulders, pushing him as close to me as possible. His lips left my mouth while he pulled on my hair, trailing a path of kisses until he reached my sweet spot under my ear, sucking and biting occasionally on the flesh.

“You’re an evil being,” I breathed, closing my eyes and feeling his chuckle against my skin.

He pulled away from my neck, smiling from ear to ear, and used one of his hands to support his weight on the tree, his other arm travelling to around my waist. “Why’s that, baby?” he faked an innocent look.

“Oh, don’t play innocent at me, Haner,” I narrowed my eyes playfully. “You’re gonna make it obvious that we’re up to something if you keep doing what you were doing before.”

“And what is it that I was doing?” he kept the innocent look, his arm tightening around my body and his breath now on the inside of my neck.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, trying my best at keeping a steady heartbeat. “That,” I whined. “You keep making me want to lock you in a room and never let you come out of there.”

Brian laughed and tugged at my earlobe, pressing his whole body against mine. “I’d love it if you did that,” he growled, pressing his lips against mine and starting a tug-of-war against my tongue.

Several minutes later we both had to pull away, being in need of some air. I looked up at him and chuckled, causing him to eye me suspiciously and demand an explanation for my sudden laugh. “You’re gonna be the death of me,” I shook my head, pulling him closer to me once again and resting my head against his chest.

He laughed lowly and looped both of his arms around my waist, kissing the top of my head. We stayed like that for quite some time until he spoke again.

“You want to go back in there?” he asked lowly, kissing my cheek.

“Hm, I don’t want to,” I answered, snuggling closer into his hug.

“They’ll start to search for us if we stay here much longer…” Brian mumbled, burying his face on the crook of my neck. “Even though I’d prefer staying here with you too.”

I sighed dramatically, pouting playfully, and dropped my head, Brian’s fingers lacing with mine. “Come on, I promise I’ll make it up to you when we get to the bedroom,” he whispered in my ear, making the hairs in the back of my neck rise.

I groaned and pecked his lips, letting go of his hand and running away from him. He smirked and walked behind me, already walking by my side when we reached the place where our friends were.

“Finally you guys decide to appear!” Matt said, his face relaxing considerably when he laid eyes on us. “We were thinking you had disappeared.”

Brian chuckled and put one of his arms around my shoulders, pushing me to his side. I blushed and wrapped my two arms around his waist, wondering why he was holding me in front of our friends.

“I found this on the way here,” Brian smirked, ruffling my hair. “And then decided to make her some company.”

I smiled and nodded, silently telling everyone that what Brian said was the truth.

“We were honestly thinking you had decided to get back together, during all that time” Jimmy spoke, making my cheeks flame. I looked down at my arms and removed them from Brian’s body in a second, clearing my throat in embarrassment.

“Yeah, but we didn’t do that,” I said lowly, hoping that they wouldn’t bring the conversation any further.

-

We were back at the beach later in the afternoon. The guys had gone play football near the shore and the girls were sunbathing in their towels, making random talk from time to time.

Johnny and Brian had decided to stay in their towels as well, making me some company, because I didn’t want to go play any sport at the moment or join the girls’ talk.

Brian was lying on my towel with me, having ‘forgotten’ his in our room, and I wasn’t complaining about his actions a single bit.

“Do any of you want to go swimming?” Johnny asked us, sitting up on his towel.

“Not me,” I shook my head.

“Yeah, me neither,” Brian shrugged, shaking his head as well. “I’ll stay here resting.”

“Okay,” Johnny eyed us confusedly, being used to us never spending a long time sitting in the same place on the beach. “I’ll see you guys later.”

I smiled and waved at him, before lying back on my towel, my stomach against the sand. I felt Brian shifting next to me and lying down as well, one arm supporting his head while he looked down at me with a smile.

“I wish we were alone in here,” I whispered, not wanting the girls to hear us.

“Me too, baby,” Brian said, lowering his head until his cheek was resting against his forearm.

“What do you want to do tomorrow?” I asked, smiling at the reminder that tomorrow would be his birthday.

Brian smirked and shifted closer to me, burying his face on my neck after realizing that the girls were too caught up in their chat to notice us. “Spend the whole day in bed with you,” he smiled, kissing the spot below my ear. “With no interruptions.”

I giggled and looked at him playfully. “And now seriously,” I ran my fingers through his hair.

He shrugged. “I just want to be with you and the guys.”

-

It had been a calm night and now most of the people were already back in their rooms. I was glad that they all had decided to go to sleep earlier, because that gave me and Brian more time alone, and if there was anything I really wanted to do was to spend as much time as possible with him, to retrieve the time we’d lost while we were separated.

We were cuddling in bed, not really paying much attention to the movie that was playing on TV because of the noise that was coming from Matt and Val’s room.

At first, it sounded like they had destroyed the entire room, and now they were back to the soundtrack that they had accustomed us to listen to every night.

I groaned, burying my face in my pillow and hitting my fists against the wall, causing Brian to chuckle next to me.

“They won’t quiet down, you know that, right?” Brian laughed, turning his head to me.

“I know,” I pouted. “But it’s so wrong, knowing that my brother is the one on that bedroom,” I tightly closed my eyes, shaking my head in disgust.

“We can always try to be louder than them,” Brian grinned, crawling on top of my body, only to be slapped on his arm playfully.

My mobile phone started ringing, and Brian sighed when I grabbed it, falling to his side of the bed and looking at me with a pout.

I giggled at him and accepted my mom’s call, bringing the phone to my ear.

“Hey, mom,” I smiled, making small talk with her and telling her how we’d spent the last days.

I scrunched up my face in disgust when the noise from Matt’s bedroom grew louder and louder, their screams now very audible in our room.

Hayley, what’s that sound?” my mother asked suspiciously.

Brian snickered at her question and I blushed, not knowing what to say, I wasn’t going to tell her that it was her son the one who was causing it.

“I-it’s just the TV, mom,” I answered, covering the phone with my hand and telling Brian to turn up the TV volume.

What kind of programs are you watching, Hayley Sanders?” my mother’s voice echoed out of the phone, making me have to move the phone away from my ear.

“God, mom!” I cried. “I’m not the one who’s watching that! It’s the guys, downstairs!” I said, sighing in relief when Brian turned the TV much louder than before, silencing their screams. “Oh, thank god, they finally switched channels!” I said.

The line was silent for some time until she spoke again. “I swear to god, you kids have the strangest taste, nowadays…

Brian laughed louder, this time, and I had to put my hand on top of his mouth for him to stop laughing.

I spent a couple more minutes talking to her and then turned off the phone, sitting up in bed and hitting my head on the wall repeatedly.

“This was the most embarrassing call of my life!” I cried, causing Brian to chuckle as he turned the volume down.

“Yes, it was,” he chuckled, pushing me down onto bed and trapping me between his arms. “And now it’s your turn to be even louder than them,” he smirked playfully, biting my neck.

“You have no remedy,” I laughed, shaking my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, I'm really sorry for taking soooooo long in updating this. The truth is that I have this whole story figured out for more than a year now. I already have it all planned in my head, the ending and even a sequel, but inspiration for writing the chapters is what has been lacking lately...

On another note, I'd like to link you guys to my other story (again) As Your Nightmare Comes To Life, which is updated regularly. It's my attempt on writing a horror story, and I'd really love it if you checked it out :) If you're already reading it, I'm sorry for making you have to read this note, but it always feels good to have new people reading your stuff, you know? :3

Finally, thanks the following for leaving a comment on the last chapter. You guys are awesome! :D
Spoileddxbrat
Synful Shadows
foREVer97
A7X_Jess
xShadowsSwag
A7X-PapaRoachLvr
Foreverdecay