Status: Updates on Thursdays and Sundays

Vengeance Is a Syn

I’d Do Anything For A Smile

She cried and sobbed for a while until she took a deep breath and tried to explain what had happened. Matt and Jimmy were standing the whole time in front of my bedroom’s door with a pissed look on their faces. They know why she’s like this!

I sat on the border of the bed with her and kept hugging her until she was able to speak.

“Please tell me what happened, Val… You’re worrying me!”, I said concerned.

“I-It… It was J-Jason…”, she managed to say through sobs.

Matt clenched his fists and joined our hug. He definitely knew something I didn’t. Jimmy joined him.

“What did he do?”, I asked her.

“He… He was c-cheating on me!”, Val said and then started crying again.

“What!?”, I shouted surprised. “That motherfucker…!”, I said as I was about to get up and walk to his house. Matt grabbed my wrists and shook his head. ‘Stay with her.’, he moved his lips so Val wouldn’t hear.

“Oh, honey. I’m so sorry!”, I sighed. “How did you find out?”

Val tried to retain her tears and cleared her eyes. “That night when I called you, Jason arrived home with a black eye and I could tell he’d been in a fight. I wanted to find out who did that to him and why, but he just told me not to worry, because it wasn’t important… In the next days he was acting strange when we were with you guys, like if he was afraid of having someone after him. He was constantly looking over his shoulder to see if someone was going to appear and trying to go to another place where there would only be me and him. I couldn’t take that anymore, so today I confronted him and told him that if he didn’t tell me what happened on that day I’d break up with him…”, she took a moment to breathe and retain her tears again. “He told me he got into a fight with Matt, because your brother found him kissing another girl in school. Another fucking girl! I couldn’t believe it! He told me he was sorry and that she meant nothing to him and he loved me and all that shit… I broke up with him, Hailey!”

She started crying again and I hugged her tightly, rocking her with Matt and Jimmy hugging us too. I can’t believe Jason did that to his girlfriend of four years!

Suddenly Matt stood up and helped Val.

“Hailey needs to sleep.”, he said. “You can stay here for tonight.”

Val buried her face on Matt’s chest and kept crying. Jimmy held my hand and then stood up as well.

“I’m gonna go home…”, Jimmy said to me. I nodded and kissed his cheek.

Val shook her head. “No… I ruined your night… I’ll go home.”

“No, you’re staying here with them. It’s better. Take some rest and try not to think about J… that motherfucker.”, Jimmy said pissed. “I want to see you smiling tomorrow, okay?”

Val nodded and he kissed her forehead. He said goodbye to Matt and went to his house. Matt walked Val to a spare room and I tried to get some sleep and not thinking about Jason.

I woke up with my alarm ringing and the first thing I did was heading to the spare room where Val was. I found her sleeping in the bed with Matt by her side, with her head on his neck and his arm around her shoulders. I smiled and woke them shaking their arms softly.

“It’s already morning, guys. We’ve gotta go to school.”, I said.

They opened their eyes and Val smiled at me. “Thank you.”

I smiled back and went to my room. I was glad Matt stood with her for the night. He seemed to calm her down.

I picked up some clothes for her and dressed myself up. We walked downstairs and had breakfast.

“You sure you’re alright?”, I asked Val.

She nodded. “Yeah. Thank you, Matt. You’re really a great friend.”

Matt grinned widely. “It’s okay.”

Matt drove me and Val to school since Brian was taking his car and driving Jimmy, Zacky and Johnny.

When we arrived they were already there, next to Michelle and Matt Berry.

I greeted everyone with a hug and a kiss and whispered to Matt Berry. “Is your brother coming?”

“No…”, Matt said shaking his head. “He thought it was best to stay home today.”

I nodded and walked next to the guys. Brian pushed me to his lap and put his arms around my waist and I wrapped my arm around his neck.

“We’re doing our project later?”, Brian asked me in my ear making me shiver. “Did I scare you?”, he whispered chuckling.

“No!”, I giggled. “And yes, we’re doing it today.”

“I scared you!”, Brian smirked.

“Did not!”, I replied poking my tongue to him.

“Don’t be so nasty!”, he said pouting.

“Aw, stop pouting!”, I chuckled. “You’re too adorable when you do that!”

The smirk was back on his face again!

“I know you like it!”, he said.

“Jerk!”, I slapped his cheek playfully.

Zacky stood up and warned us he was going to the bathroom. Minutes later Gena passed by us. She was always interested in having something with Zacky and hated me because whenever he was with me, he didn’t pay attention to her. She had fun making my life hell!

“Hi, Hailey!”, Gena said waving her hand and staring at me with a fake smile.

“Hi.”, I replied senseless.

She turned away and walked to the boy’s bathroom, waiting for Zacky to come out. I rolled my eyes and turned my attention to my friends. Minutes later Val turned her head in search for Zacky.

“That bitch!”, she said.

I looked back and saw Gena and Zacky sucking each other’s faces. “Gross!”, I said with a disgusted look making everybody laugh.

When they broke the kiss/eating each other’s guts, Zacky made a strange face and walked away from her leaving her with a pissed look. The bell rang and I walked to my class with Jimmy and Johnny.

After some time Jimmy turned back to face me. “Feel like skipping this and the next class?”, he asked.

“Definitely!”, I answered smiling.

I stood up and made a sick face. “Mr. Johnson… I need to go to the bathroom… I’m not feeling very well!”

“Can’t you wait until the end of the class?”, he asked.

“If you want me to puke all over the classroom I can!”, I answered holding onto my stomach.
He sighed and shook his head. “Fine, you may go.”

Jimmy stood up and followed me.

“Where do you think you’re going, Mr. Sullivan?”, the teacher asked.

“Helping my best friend, sir!”, he replied making the class chuckle.

“She can walk alone to the bathroom!”

“What if she falls? What if she starts puking in the middle of the corridor!? No way I’ll leave her to death like that!”, Jimmy said making the class laugh harder.

The teacher sighed once again and nodded his head, giving us permission to leave.

When we were outside school we laughed and cheered. We got out of school trying to seem unnoticed and spent the rest of the morning wandering through the streets and talking.

“So… Is there something going on you’d like to tell me?”, Jimmy asked looking at the sidewalk.

“Huh?”, I asked confused.

“You know… Like… Do you have a thing for someone?”, Jimmy asked.

“I don’t know…”, I answered.

“You don’t like Zack anymore, I can tell you that!”

“How do you kn… Val!”

“Yeah, she told me you still think you like him. And I grant you don’t like him anymore.”

“Why’s that?”

“If you really liked him you’d be killing Gena right now, after what she did in front of you. You weren’t even bothered with that. But if it happened with Brian…”

“Stop it, okay!? I don’t like Brian!”

“For now! Give it some time!”

“Argh, Jimmy! I don’t like him, I like Zacky, okay!?”

Jimmy shrugged and sighed. “Fine… Let’s go back to school. We already missed all our morning classes.”

“We’re seniors. We can find an excuse.”, I said.

Jimmy laughed and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. We walked school and the rest of the day went by pretty fast.

The last class bell rang and I got out of the room. I already had Matt and Brian waiting for me and Johnny. We waited for the rest of the guys and they went to Zacky’s house and I and Brian went to his.

“Be careful what you do with my sister!”, Matt shouted playfully.

“Fuck you, man!”, Brian replied showing him his middle finger.

They all laughed and went away. Brian took my hand and we walked to his car.

He opened the door and I got in. He rushed to the other side, got in and started driving towards his house.

“Is Val okay, now?”, Brian asked. “Matt told me what happened…”

“I think she is. She told me she didn’t want to give it any more importance and she was just going to forget Jason.”, I answered.

“I heard she slept in the same room as Matt!”, Brian smirked.

“Geesh! They didn’t do anything!”, I said laughing. “But maybe… maybe they can get along. You have no idea of his silly smile in the morning!”

Brian laughed and minutes later he was parking the car.

“We’re here.”, he said as he opened the door for me to get out.

“I know, silly! I come here plenty of times to know we arrived!”, I chuckled.

He shrugged and opened the front door.

“No one’s home today. My dad, Suzy and McKenna are staying on my grandparents house for the weekend.”, Brian said.

“Let’s start working! I want to hand the project on Monday!”, I said.

“Yes, ma’am!”, Brian shouted and copied the soldiers.

I laughed and messed with his hair. “Jerk!”

“You really like to call me jerk, don’t you?”, Brian asked playfully.

I nodded trying not to smile, but Brian glared at me smirking and then picked me up bridal style.

“What the fuck do you think you’re doing!?”, I asked frightened as I gripped my hands on his arms.

He laughed evilly and hugged me tighter so I wouldn’t fall, using one hand to reach my pocket and taking out my mobile phone and iPod.

“I’m sorry, Brian! I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry!”, I begged.

He just laughed again and walked to the backyard.

“Oh, not the pool, NOT THE POOL!”, I said tightening my grip on his arm.

Too late. He threw me to the pool and fell to the ground laughing. I got back to the surface and glared at him, narrowing my eyes.

“You’re gonna regret this!”, I said as I got out of the pool and pushed him so he would enter the pool. He hugged me and I fell with him.

We got back to the surface laughing.

“Oh my god, Brian! I’m so sorry!”, I said as I looked to the mark of my nails on his arm. I gripped it too tightly.

He glanced at his arm and smiled. “It’s okay. I only noticed it now.”

“Let’s get out of the pool and put something on that…”, I said feeling guilty.

“And get some dry clothes as well!”, Brian chuckled.

“Yeah!”, I said laughing.

We went to his room and I disinfected his arm. “I’m so sorry…”, I mumbled.

“Hay, it’s okay!”, Brian said holding my hands. “It reminds me of not messing with you again!”, he added laughing. “But now let’s dress something that’s not soaked!”

I nodded and he took some baseball shorts and a Misfits shirt for me. He took some clothes for him and started taking off his sneakers.

“You’re not gonna dress that?”, he asked me.

“Hum… But you’re here…”, I said sheepishly.

“It’s not like I’ve never seen your underwear!”, he said making me blush.

“I… I’m gonna go to the bathroom!”, I said.

I dressed myself and grabbed my sopped clothes. I opened the door to Brian’s room and he was taking off his shirt. I could see his muscles and they were damn fine! He put on a dry shirt and then turned around and saw me. I blushed and looked at my clothes.

“You can put them over there.”, Brian said pointing at his desk’s chair.

“Okay.”, I said as I walked over there.

We spent the rest of the afternoon doing our project which ended up looking awesome!
When it was already 9pm, Brian decided it was time to have dinner.

“Let’s eat something, I’m hungry.”, Brian said grabbing my hand and dragging me downstairs.

“Shouldn’t we… huh… call for a pizza or something first?”, I asked.

“Nah, Suzy cooked some pasta Bolognese. It’s in the kitchen.”, he answered.

“Ooh, I love that!”, I said smiling.

We put the food on a plate, went to the living room and sat on the couch, watching TV while we ate the dinner Suzy prepared for us.

“You’ve gotta thank Suzy! This is delicious!”, I said when I was almost finishing eating it.
Brian looked at me and laughed. “You sure love that!”

“What!?”, I asked confused.

“You’ve got a little bit of sauce here.”, Brian said pointing to his chin and trying not to laugh.

I passed my thumb there but missed the spot. Hey, I didn’t have a mirror with me to see where the sauce was!

Brian laughed again and approached me.

“Come here.”, he said as he put his dish on the coffee table. I did the same thing with mine and moved closer to him.

Brian gently cleaned the bit of sauce that was on my chin with his thumb and I instantly blushed. He put a strand of hair behind my ear, placed his hand on the back of my neck and approached his face to mine until our foreheads met. I looked at his eyes, then at his lips and it seemed like I had a zoo of butterflies on my stomach.

We both smiled as our lips were getting closer and closer, but when Brian’s bottom lip touched mine he pulled away.

He stood up and rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

“I… I have to… I have to go outside for a bit.”, he said as he walked to his backyard.

I sat on the couch and buried my face on my hands. What am I doing? I like Zacky. I want him to be with me. But why did I want to kiss Brian? Why did I feel that way?

Five minutes later I stood up and walked to the backyard. Brian was sitting on the porch smoking a cigarette. I sat beside him and rested my head on his shoulder.

He took a long drag on the cancer stick and released the smoke from his mouth.

“I’m sorry…”, he said as he put out the cigar.

I stroked his hair and kept my head on his shoulder. “It’s okay.”

We stayed there for a couple of minutes until it started to get cold.

“You’re freezing.”, Brian said as he rubbed my arms. “Let’s go inside.”

He helped me standing up and we walked to his room.

He turned on the TV and I lied on his bed. He joined me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder, and I placed my head on his shoulder again.

I held his hand and laced my fingers with his and traced the few tattoos he already had on his arm with the other. He stroked my hair and delivered kisses on my forehead from times to times. I closed my eyes and hugged him close.

----- * Brian’s POV * -----


Seeing Hailey sleeping just made me want to kiss her and hug her forever. She looked so peaceful. Not to mention how beautiful.

I sighed and turned off the TV. I really wanted to be with Hailey, but I knew she didn’t have feelings for me…

I gazed at her and kissed her forehead. And then I touched her lips with mine.

I closed my eyes and fell asleep, hugging Hailey close to me.

----- * Hailey’s POV * -----


I was resting with my eyes closed when I felt Brian’s lips crashing mines. And I felt the fireworks and the butterflies again, just like when we first kissed. I opened my eyes and saw him sleeping with a smile on his face. I smiled back and kissed his cheek, falling asleep with my face buried on his neck.
♠ ♠ ♠
New chapter! :D
Did you like it or not?
Please comment so I can read your opinions about the story! :)

Were you expecting Brian and Hailey to kiss each other?
Did you think it was Zacky, the guy Hailey likes?
What do you think will happen next?

Comment and subscribe! And I'll love you! ♥
I'm gonna be out until about 7 September so I won't update until that date... :/
But I'll think a lot about the story and I promise you'll read new chapters when I get back!

Thank you my 18 subscribers and people who comment:
RavenNightmare1
XxWishxOnxAxStarxX
draloliane
foREVer A7X
angelXofXvengeance

You're awesome! :D