Status: Updates on Thursdays and Sundays

Vengeance Is a Syn

Happy Birthday, Hailey!

I woke up and Brian was still sleeping next to me. I tried not to wake him up as I got off the bed and decided to cook us some breakfast. For the record, I knew nothing about last night’s kiss, I was sleeping, and I was thankful for that… I loved Brian, but as my best friend and I knew he felt exactly the same thing for me. He was just confused last night.

I sighed as I entered the kitchen and grabbed some bread. I placed it on the toaster and made some orange juice as well. I heard footsteps coming from the corridor and moments later Brian was walking past the kitchen’s door.

“Hum, making us some breakfast?”, Brian asked smiling.

“Actually, I was cooking it for me.”, I lied. “But I can share it with you.”

Brian laughed and sat on the kitchen’s table. I placed the food and the juice on a tray and carried it to the table, sitting next to him.

We started eating and after we finished we put the dirty dishes on the dishwasher.
“I have to go home...”, I said. “And take a shower.”

Brian nodded and walked with me to his room where my still soaked clothes were.

“You can wear my clothes if you want. You’ll give them to me later.”, Brian said.

“Don’t you mind?”, I asked.

“Of course not.”, Brian chuckled. “I’ll drive you home.”

“Oh, and before I forget. Do not forget to take our project with you Monday!”

“Yes, sir!”

I laughed and walked with him to his car. Minutes later we were in front of my house. I thanked him and hugged him goodbye.

A Few Days Later, 30th September


I climbed the stairs after I had breakfast and headed to my room, but I heard noise coming from Matt’s bedroom.

I opened the door and saw all of his shirts on top of his bed and some on the floor.

He had decided to wear his favorite shirt which looked really good on him.

“We’re so classy today!”, I giggled. “What’s happening?”

Matt looked at me and grinned. “I’m going out with Val.”

I smiled wide and hugged him. They’d been spending everyday talking and hanging out and everyone saw they liked each other.

“I’m so happy for you two!”, I said. “Will you start dating today?”

“I don’t know…”, Matt said. “She got out of a bad relationship… I don’t want to rush things up… I really like her!”

I couldn’t help the big smile that formed on my lips again.

“Finally you fall in love!”

Matt laughed. “What about you?”

“What about me?”, I asked confused.

“When will you find someone?”, Matt asked.

“You’ll see it, soon.”, I smiled leaving him puzzled.

Tomorrow would be my birthday and I had invited the guys, Val and Michelle and the Berry’s to spend the day with me. We had decided to go to Disneyland and then go to the park and stay there until we wanted to come back home. And I hadn’t forgotten the thought that was in my head the whole week. Tomorrow I’d tell Zacky how I feel about him, but I didn’t know how he’d react and that was starting to scare me.

I shook the thoughts out of my head and smiled at my brother. “Wear those jeans. They’ll look good.”

“Thanks.”, Matt said kissing my forehead.

I went to my room, dressed up and pulled my hair on a pony tail. Brian and Jimmy would be arriving in no time and I didn’t want to make them wait for me. I arranged my bed, placed my stuffed duck on top of it and climbed down the stairs. I saw Matt opening the door to go on his kind of date with Val and meeting Jimmy and Brian who had just arrived. I rushed to the door and greeted them with a hug. I said goodbye to Matt and wished him good luck and he went the other way.

“Why did you wish Matt good luck?”, Jimmy asked.

“Because he finally had the guts to ask Val to go out with him.”, I answered.

“Finally!”, Brian said. “Those two should already be together!”

We all laughed and went to the shopping mall. They had nothing to do today so they asked me to go out with them and spend the day – I couldn’t say no to that.

“What if we went to the cinema?”, I suggested.

“Is there any interesting movie?”, Jimmy asked.

“There’s a horror one, but there’s a girl in here who doesn’t like those movies.”, Brian said smirking.

“Ha. Ha. So funny!”, I said. He was talking about me.

“We’re here for you if anything scary happens!”, Jimmy smiled.

“Yeah, and you can hug us if you want to.”, Brian added.

“I’m not gonna hug you, forget it!”, I replied.

“We’ll see.”, Brian smirked.

We bought our tickets and the movie would start in 7 minutes.

I sat next to Jimmy because I knew I’d like to hold his hand during the film. I ignored the constant attempts of Brian to scare me and at the end of the movie I rushed out of the cinema. That movie was horrible!

“Aw, little Hailey was scared!”, Jimmy joked poking my cheeks.

I narrowed my eyes and shot a deathly glare to each of them.

“I’m hungry, let’s eat something before going home.”, I said.

“Let’s eat some waffles to make Hailey happy.”, Brian stated looking at my shirt.

I laughed and slapped his arm playfully. “Jerk.”

We ended up really eating waffles and then we went to our houses.

“I’ll talk to you at midnight, okay?”, Jimmy said making me smile. We all used to call each other at midnight when it was our birthday – it was cheesy, but we did that since we were kids.

I said goodbye to all of them and opened the front door. I was greeted by a smiling Matt from the top of the stairs and I knew something good happened.

“Spill it!”, I yelled as I climbed up the stairs and closed the door to his room.

“I have a new girlfriend.”, Matt said grinning.

I shouted of happiness and hugged him by his neck. “Congratulations, congratulations, congratulations!!!”

Matt laughed and I pulled away from the hug.

“Thanks.”, he said.

“So you two are now officially together?”, I asked.

Matt nodded and I pulled out my phone. “I have to call Val.”

I got out of his room and went to mine where I chatted for almost two hours with her.

It was now midnight when Matt appeared in my room yelling HAPPY BIRTHDAY. He scared me to death but I didn’t mind.

“Thank you, you asshole! You almost killed me!”, I said making him laugh.

My phone started to ring and it was Jimmy.

“Happy birthday, Hailey duck!”, he yelled from the other side.

“Thanks Jimmy!”, I said smiling.

Matt kissed my cheek and went to his room. I chatted with Jimmy for a little while and at the end of the call I had Zacky calling me. I talked with him too and thanked Johnny, Val, Michelle, Jason, Matt and even Lacey for the messages they had sent. But somebody was missing…

Where was my best friend who was always the first to call? Where was Brian?

I noticed a tear rolling down my cheek but I quickly cleaned it with my hand. I waited for a while but nothing… Not even a text message. I couldn’t retain my tears anymore and I let them fall freely down my cheeks. It was stupid to be crying about this, but he was always the first to tell me something and always the most excited about my birthday.

I heard a noise outside my balcony and instinctively hugged my duck. There was a knock on the door and I stood up. There were only two people apart from me and Matt who knew how to climb to my balcony, and it couldn’t be Jimmy because he was in his house. I slowly opened the door and met a smiley Brian.

“Happy birthday!”, he whispered because my parents were already sleeping.

I smiled wide and hugged him tightly, resting my head on his chest.

“Thank you!”, I said looking at him.

“Why are you crying, Hay?”, he asked with concern flooding his face.

I chuckled and he cleared the tears with his thumbs.

“You’re gonna think this is stupid.”

“I won’t, I promise.”

“I was crying because… because I thoughtyouwouldforgetmybirthday.”, I said quickly and looking down.

Brian laughed and stroked my cheek. “I would never forget your birthday!”

He pulled a Starbucks bag from his pocket and handed it to me. “This is why I took so long to get here.”

I smiled and opened the bag – a blueberry muffin, my favorite!

“Oh my god, thank you!”, I said with the biggest smile I had.

I grabbed his hand and sat on the edge of the bed. “I’m not gonna eat this all by myself. You’re gonna help me!”

“No! That was a surprise for you.”, Brian said pouting.

“Aw, you’re pouting!”, I said pinching his cheeks.

I took a bite on the muffin and placed it in front of his mouth.

“You know you want it!”, I teased him.

“If you keep that muffin in front of my mouth I’ll seriously eat it.”, Brian said looking at me.
I smirked and didn’t move the muffin. He bit it and I smiled.

“See!? It’s yummy!”, I joked.

Brian laughed and we stayed there for a little while eating and talking. He gave me the present he bought for me and it was beautiful!

“Thank you, again. Seriously!”, I said and kissed his cheek.

“Welcome.”, Brian smiled. “I should get going.”

“No way! You’re staying here, it’s late.”, I protested. “Besides, you’re used to the guest’s room.”

Brian chuckled and walked there. “Goodnight.”, he said before leaving the room.

“Night.”, I smiled.

I went to my bed and pulled the sheets up. I fell asleep quickly.

I woke up with Matt and Brian talking in the living room. Those bastards can really talk loud when they want to! I went to the bathroom and took a quick shower. I put on some clothes and went to the kitchen.
“Good morning!”, I yelled to the living room.

“Good morning.”, they both replied.

“Where are mom and dad?”, I asked.

“I dunno. They were already out when I got up.”, Matt answered.

I was used to never spending time with my parents and I wouldn’t be surprised if they forgot about my birthday. I sighed and ate some cereals. I joined the guys in the living room and waited for the rest of the group to arrive.

They knocked on the door and I rushed to it to open it. I greeted them all with a hug and thanked them for the presents.

“You’re looking great today!”, Zacky said when we were in the living room.

“Thank you.”, I answered blushing and making Zacky chuckle.

Matt was making out with Val and Michelle was hanging with the other guys, but really close to Matt. Another couple!? Seriously!

Zacky turned the TV on and saw it was already time for us to leave.

“Hey, guys. Let’s go!”

They all stood up and Brian and Matt drove us there.

“I want to go on Space Mountain!”, I said with puppy eyes. “Pwease!”

“I’m in!”, Jimmy yelled.

“No way I’m going on that!”, Val said.

“I’ll stay with you.”, Matt said kissing her softly.

“So who’s coming?”, I asked.

“I will.”, Brian said.

“Me too.”, Johnny added.

“Only the four of us?”, Jimmy asked in disbelief.

“I really need to go to the bathroom.”, Zacky answered looking for a bathroom.

“Then let’s go…”, Johnny said.

“I’ll stay by Johnny’s side, in case he’s afraid!”, Jimmy joked.

“Fuck you!”, Johnny shouted winning deadly glares from the mothers who were around us.
We went on some other amusements until we were hungry. We got some hot dogs and Val had fun taking photos of everybody.

When it got late and people started to leave we did the same thing. We had dinner in a nice restaurant and then sat on the park.

Zacky pulled me close to him and I sat between his legs, with my back facing his belly. He wrapped his arms around me and I held his hands.

“This is officially the best birthday ever.” I said.

“You’ve got to make a wish now!”, Val said.

“Those things never work.”, I said.

“Come on, it won’t hurt. Everyone has to make a wish on their birthday.”, Johnny added.
“I don’t know…”, I sighed. “I guess I just want someone to stay by my side, to be always there for me. Someone I can hold and hug and… I don’t know… Something like that.”
A comfortable silence invaded the park and after a while the Berry’s and the twins went home with Matt, who’d be returning soon.

“I gotta go to the bathroom.”, Brian said as he stood up.

“Let’s buy some drinks. Help me out shithead!”, Jimmy said and Johnny growled.

Zacky and I were now alone.

“Who were you talking about?”, Zacky asked.

“What?”, I asked playing dumb.

“Who’s that someone?”

“Oh… I don’t know…”

“Of course you know.”, he said.

I didn’t know what to say so I just stayed quiet and looked at nowhere.

“Do I know him?”, Zacky asked.

“Yes…”, I answered.

“Then tell me who he is.”

“You’ll think it’s stupid…”, I chuckled to myself.

“No, I won’t!”

“Well… You know him… Very well…”

He laced his fingers with mine and hugged me tighter.

“Tell me more about him.”

“Hum… He has black hair, beautiful eyes, a pierced smile and he’s adorable.”

“Could that be me?”, he asked raising my chin with his fingers.

I smiled and locked my eyes with his.

He licked his lips and looked down at mines and approached them slowly. He kissed me softly and I loved the feeling of his snakebites on my lips.

“You’re beautiful”, he whispered keeping my head close to his.

“You’re more.”, I giggled.

He cupped my cheek and kissed me again, this time longer.

We pulled away smiling when someone approached.

“What the fuck is going on here?”, he asked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally, the new chapter is here! :D
Once again, sorry for the delay, but I had no ways to update the story... x(
Also, I feel this chapter is a bit small, but you have no idea of how many things are still to happen :P

So, what do you think of this chapter?
Hailey is with Zacky now! :)
Who do you think it's the person who appeared?

You know, leave a comment, subscribe and let me know what you think of the chapter! ^^
I love you all!

Welcome to the story, my new subscriber and thank you
angelXofXvengeance
RavenNightmare1
XxWishxOnxAxStarxX

for commenting! You're awesome :D