Status: Updates on Thursdays and Sundays

Vengeance Is a Syn

But Baby Don't Cry

“Are you guys dating!?”, Jimmy asked again.

We both looked at each other without knowing what to say.

“I guess we are.”, Zacky said holding my hand.

“Congratulations!”, Jimmy shouted and hugged us.

We laughed and Johnny joined the hug too.

“Hey, what’s going on?”, Matt asked. “I stay away for a while and you start a mosh?”

“Zacky and Hailey are dating!”, Johnny said making Matt smile.

He approached us and hugged us as well. We broke the hug and Brian returned.

“Already know the news?”, Jimmy asked Brian who shook his head. “Those two are together!”

Brian looked at me and Zacky and our hands that were entwined.

“Cool, man! Congratulations!”, he smiled and we returned. “Hum, I have to go home, it’s getting late…”

“We’re leaving too.”, Matt said standing up.

I said goodbye to Jimmy and Johnny who’d go home with Brian. I hugged Brian and thanked him again for the surprise and kissed Zacky goodbye.

I walked to Matt’s car and he congratulated me again on the ride home.

I went to my room and got ready to sleep. I checked my phone and it had a message from Zacky.

‘I loved the night :) I want to see you tomorrow. I’ll be on the beach surfing in the morning. Sleep tight!’

‘Me too! :) I can’t wait to see you again! I’ll be there at 10.30, is that good? Good night <3’
I put the mobile phone on the bedside table and closed my eyes – it didn’t take long for me to fall asleep.

In the morning I didn’t eat much for breakfast since I’d be in the sea. I picked an apple and decided I’d eat it on my way to the beach. I looked at the mirror one last time to check if I was okay and looked good.

I arrived at the beach and Zacky was already warming up. I walked to him and was greeted with a lovely smile and a kiss on my lips.

“How are you?”, Zacky asked.

“I’m better now that I’m here.”, I answered.

He laughed and kissed me again, wrapping his arms around my waist. I put my arms around his shoulders and let him deepen the kiss.

“I’m gonna go get a surfing board for me, okay?”, I said as we broke apart.

He nodded and pecked my lips.

I walked to a cabin that lent surfing boards and picked one. I joined Zacky and warmed up with him. We went to the sea and surfed for a while until the waves started to soothe. I’d learned how to surf with Zacky, Brian and Matt. They were the only ones I surfed with because they’d help me if I needed something or if something happened.

I sat on the board and paddled with my arms close to Zacky.

“I’ll be right back.”, Zacky said as he swam to the shore and put his board on the sand. He swam back to where I was and climbed on my board, sitting with his face in front of me.

“What are you doing?”, I asked him.

“There are no waves and we can’t surf. So I just want to stare at your pretty face.”, he answered smiling.

“You’re adorable!”, I said as I got closer to him.

He hugged me by the waist and we kissed for some time.

“What are we now?”, I asked, looking down at my hands.

“Well…”, he said licking his lips nervously. “I like you… So I guess we’re like, you know… Boyfriend and girlfriend…”

I smiled and nodded. I put my arms around his neck and kissed him. “I like you too.”

A few weeks later


My relationship with Zacky was perfect… in the first days. He seemed to have lost interest in it and we barely spent time together now. I sometimes asked him to go out and he would agree, but nothing was like in the first days…

Today I was going with him to the tattoo shop.

“Do you like it?”, he asked referring to the tattoo he wanted to make.

“Yeah, it’s cute.”, I answered smiling. “It’s my favorite from all the ones you have!”

He smiled and opened the front door. I waited until the tattoo was over and told him I had to go to the bathroom.

I did my job and when I came out I found him leaning against the receptionist’s desk, with a flirtatious look on his face.

I approached him.

“Let’s go?”, I asked a little bit saddened.

Zacky looked at me and nodded. “Okay.”. He glanced at the receptionist again and winked at her.

I sighed and walked home with him, not looking at his face the whole time. We arrived at my house and I opened the front door.

“Is there something wrong?”, Zacky asked before saying goodbye.

“No.”, I simply answered.

“Okay… I’ll see you tomorrow at school.”, he said and pecked my lips.

“Bye.”

I closed the door and went to my room; I didn’t want to talk to anybody.

“Hay, what’s going on?”, Matt asked as he opened my bedroom’s door.

“Huh?”

He sat by my side and looked at me. “You’re sad. What happened?”

“Nothing happened.”, I faked a smile. “I’m just in one of those days I don’t want to do nothing.”

Matt sighed and stood up.

“If you want to talk I’m here.”

I nodded and he walked out of my room.

He’s not the same anymore… Does he even like me?

In the next day I went to school and Johnny invited us all to his birthday party that would be happening in a few weeks and we all said we were going. Luckily no one noticed I was a bit down, not even Zacky.

The bell rang and I walked with him to his locker, as usual.

“Hey, Zack.”, Gena said as she passed by us.

“Hey!”, Zacky smiled.

You can’t be serious! Is he really talking to her in front of me!?

She glared at me and shook her hand with a fake smile. She approached Zacky and whispered something to his ear that made him giggle. She went away and he slapped her ass. He slapped her fucking ass in front of me! Are you fucking kidding me!?

I rubbed my face in desperation and Zacky glared at me.

“What?”, he asked.

I laughed sarcastically and looked at him. “Did you seriously just slap her ass in front of me?”

Zacky didn’t say a thing and licked his lips nervously.

“Zacky… You’re my boyfriend!”, I sighed. “You’re not supposed to do those things!”
“Sorry…”, he mumbled.

I shook my head and walked away from him. I wanted to be alone, so I went to the football field and sat on the bench. I pushed my knees to my chest and buried my face on them. I didn’t want to cry, I didn’t want to scream… I just wanted to understand what I had done wrong to make him lost his interest in me so quickly.

I don’t know how much time passed since I arrived there, but I think I stood there for almost an hour until I heard someone approaching and sitting by my side.

--- * Brian’s POV * ----

“Hey, Jimmy!”, I whispered to the front desk. “Where’s Hailey?”

“I dunno.”, Jimmy shrugged. “I’m gonna ask Zack if he knows.”

“Okay…”, I sighed and waited for a while until I had an answer.

“He said he doesn’t know as well. It seems like she was kinda down and went another way.”, Jimmy explained.

“Is he with her?”, I asked.

“No.”

“What!?”

“I don’t know man… She’s been so… not herself these days… And that guy does nothing.”
“She needs someone with her, right now. I know it…”

Jimmy nodded.

“I’m gonna go search for her.”, I said.

“Okay.”, Jimmy said.

I stood up while the teacher was writing some things on the board and left the class without making any noise. I looked all over school for her but there were no signs of where she could be. I saw someone sitting in the football bench and walked over there. I sat down next to her and waited for her to raise her head.

---- * Hailey’s POV * ----

I looked up and saw Brian sitting next to me. I thanked him secretly, because he was the only person I knew that could make me smile right now.

“How did you find me?”, I asked quietly.

“I searched all over school for you.”, Brian chuckled.

“You did that for me?”, I smiled a little.

“Of course. I don’t want you to be alone.”

I smiled and looked at the empty field.

“What’s happening, Hailey? Please tell me.”

I didn’t say a thing, mainly because I didn’t want to tell him or anybody how my relationship with Zacky was.

Brian turned my head so I would face him and looked me in the eyes.

“Hailey, please tell me what’s going on with you. It’s killing you inside.”

“I… I don’t know...”, I sighed. “I guess I’m not good enough for Zacky…”

“Don’t you ever say that again, Hailey. You’re beautiful and a fucking amazing friend.”, he said as he held my hands.

Tears started to come to my eyes but I tried to retain them as much as I could. I didn’t want him to see me cry. I wrapped my arms around his neck and let the tears fall out.

“Baby, don’t cry…”, Brian said quietly as he fondled my hair softly.

I waited until I had no more tears to cry and pulled away from the hug. I sniffled and cleared my cheeks.

“Thank you. I was really a mess.”, I said chuckling a bit.

He smiled. “Did he ever hurt you or…”

“No, no!”, I assured. “He’s a sweetheart. I only have to solve a few things and I think we’ll be good again.”

“If he ever does something to you, tell me.”

I nodded.

“I’m serious, Hailey.”

“Don’t worry, okay? He’ll never do bad things to me.”, I said. “Now we should get back to classes.”, I chuckled.

“Yeah, you’re right.”, Brian smiled. “Jimmy’s missing us!”

I chuckled again.

“I want to see your cute face with a smile, okay?”, he added pinching my cheek.

He was the only one who could make me smile in any situation.

“Is it better this way?”, I asked smiling.

“Of course! And the next time I see you like this I promise I’ll grow a mustache!”

This time I laughed for real. “It would look horrible on you!”, I giggled.

“But at least it’d make you smile.”

A few weeks later


“Zacky, are you ready?”, I yelled from his living room.

“Yeah. I’m coming.”, he yelled back.

“Come on, I don’t wanna be late at Johnny’s party…”

“I’m here.”, he said as he reached the living room.

We were better now, we didn’t argue as much as before and he wasn’t so absent. Sure he was still not the perfect boyfriend, but hey, I liked him, didn’t I?

He held my hand and we walked to the bar where the guys would be that was close to Zacky’s house.

“Happy birthday again, lil’ Johnny!”, I said running to hug him!

“Happy birthday, man!”, Zacky said.

I greeted Jimmy and Matt who were already there and after a while the rest of the people arrived.

The party was being fun, though I couldn’t avoid looking at Brian the whole time. He was sitting in one of the sofas with another girl, making out. He never used to be with girls whenever he was with me, his attention was always given to me and guys. I know I’m being selfish and maybe even a bitch, but in no way I was used to it.

I cuddled on another sofa with Zacky and tried to pay attention to the conversation he was having with Jimmy, Lacey and Johnny.

“Hailey, can I talk with you for a while?”, Val whispered to me pulling my hand.

“Yeah, sure.”, I answered standing up.

“Something going on?”, she asked.

“No. I’m just a bit tired.”

“Cut the crap, Hailey! I know you! You’ve been down since you started dating Zacky. You’re not even excited for Johnny’s birthday! You’re always the life of the party!”

“I’m just not on my days…”

Val sighed and shook her head.

“Honey, I’m really happy you finally told Zacky how you feel about him… But by no means can I see happiness on your face…”

“Argh, you guys just… Can’t you understand I like him!?”

“It’s not what it shows! The guy flirts with other girls and you accept it in a flash! You guys are not meant to be together, I’m sorry to say this…”

I couldn’t contain myself anymore; I was pissed at what she had said. I was pissed because it was true. I didn’t like him the way I thought I did.

I felt my eyes become watery but I wasn’t going to cry. No, not tonight. I returned to the couch and kissed Zacky on his lips. I kissed him again and again – I needed to feel something from him. Why was I so senseless?

I hugged him and tried to pay attention to the talk again. I saw Brian walking to the barman to ask for a drink and stood up. I walked over there and stopped by his side.

“Oh, hi!”, Brian smiled at me.

“Hey.”, I said.

“Want a drink?”

“Yes, please.”

He asked the barman another drink and paid it.

“So… Do you have a new friend?”, I asked referring to the girl he was with.

“Hum… Maybe.”

“Okay…”

Some minutes of awkward silence passed between us until we got our drinks.

“Why don’t you come hang out with us? You’ve been with her the whole night…”, I said.
“You’ve been with Zacky the whole night too.”

“Yeah, but… I mean… You never really bring girls with you when you are with us.”

“If Johnny can be with Lacey, Matt with Val and you with Zack, why can’t I be with her?”

“You know, never mind… Good luck with her.”, I said as I walked away.

I sat next to Jimmy since Zacky was nowhere to be found – again.

I started to feel tired and I rested my head on Jimmy’s shoulder. He put an arm around my shoulders, making me feel more comfortable, and I fell asleep, even with the loud music and the bass pumping in my head.

---- * Third’s POV * ----

“Do you even like her?”

“Yeah.”

“You don’t show it…”

“Why’s that?”

“Are you serious, man? Look at what you just did!”

“That was nothing.”

“Pff, right. Just… Don’t hurt her, okay? She’s fucking down as hell!”

“I won’t.”

“I’m serious. You really sure you like her?”

“I don’t know, man. I’ll figure it out tonight.”, he shrugged.

“Don’t do that. Don’t you fucking dare doing that!”

“Calm down. If things go wrong I only have to stand some more months until we go on tour. Then...”

“I’m not kidding. If you fucking do that to her Imma kill you. For real.”

“Dude, calm the fuck down, okay!? This has nothing to do with you!”

The other one clenched his fists and bit his lip.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not too sure about this chapter... :S
Did you guys like it or not? Please leave a comment.
I know not many things happened, but I think this chapter is important for what's coming next...
Please leave me a comment, subscribe and don't be shy! I love to read opinions, especially if they help me improving the story :)

Welcome my new 3 subscribers! I love you! ♥
Thank you too
angelXofXvengeance
XxWishxOnxAxStarxX

for commenting :)

Next chapter will be up in 2-3 days! See you there!