Status: Updates on Thursdays and Sundays

Vengeance Is a Syn

Maybe It's Better This Way

---- * Brian’s POV * ----

Zacky turned away and walked to the couch where Hailey was sleeping. I was glad Jimmy was with her when her so called boyfriend was messing with other girls. She was laying her head on Jimmy’s shoulder and her knees brought up to her chest.

I was serious when I told Zack I would kill him if he dared to leave Hailey when the tour began. I just wanted to punch that motherfucker in the face, even though he was my best friend.

I walked to the couches where everyone was and said goodbye to all of them.

I reached the place where Hailey was and kneeled down. I didn’t want to wake her up, she was sleeping so peacefully, but if I didn’t say goodbye to her she’d be pissed at me in the morning.

I shook her arm slightly while I called her name softly and Zacky glared at me. I ignored him and Hailey rubbed her eyes.

“What’s going on?”, she asked lifting her head of Jimmy’s shoulder.

“I’m gonna go home, I just wanted to say goodbye to you.”, I said.

Hailey smiled and gave me a small hug. “Bye!”

I smiled back and stood up. I walked out of the bar and drove to my house.

---- * Hailey’s POV * ----

I sat properly in the couch and my sleep was nowhere to be found now. I looked around and Zacky was taking sips of his beer and Jimmy looked at me.

“You don’t want to sleep anymore?”, Jimmy asked.

“No.”, I shook my head. “I’m so sorry for falling asleep on your shoulder!”, I chuckled a bit embarrassed.

“Don’t worry, baby Hay! My shoulder didn’t mind!”, he said with a funny voice.

“How much have you drink?”, I asked making everyone laugh.

“A lot!”, Lacey answered pointing at the table that was full of empty bottles.

“You drank all of this!?”, I asked surprised.

“No! The gnome helped me. And your brother too!”, Jimmy answered pointing at them.

“Hey, we didn’t drink as much as you!”, Matt growled from the other couch.

I shook my head and chuckled. “You guys have no remedy!”

Jimmy poked my sides and I started laughing. I recomposed myself and stood up.

“I think it’s time for me to go.”

“I’ll go with you.”, Zacky said standing up. He was absent minded since I woke up, I thought he was strange.

“Don’t you wanna stay here a little longer?”, I asked.

“No.”, he smiled pecking my lips.

I said goodbye to everyone including Matt who wanted to stay there until everyone was gone.

“Don’t drive home! Get a ride from someone sober! You hear me!?”, I said to Matt.

“Yes, Hay. Don’t worry.”, he said as he kissed my forehead.

Zacky held my hand and we got out of the bar.

“Why did you want to come with me?”, I asked sheepishly in the middle of our walk.

Zacky looked at me. “Because… you’re my girlfriend.”

“Yeah, but… You… You always stay there until the end.”

“Well, I wanted to be with you.”

I looked up and met his eyes. “You serious?”, I asked hopefully.

Zacky nodded and cupped my cheek with the other hand that wasn’t holding mine. He leaned down and kissed me briefly.

I smiled and kissed his cheek.

We walked a bit more, hand in hand, until we arrived at my house. I was happy with the moment that happened before, our moment.

I opened the front door and turned around to see Zacky waiting for a goodbye.

“Wanna come in?”, I suddenly asked.

“Yeah, why not.”, Zacky gave me a wonderful smile.

I couldn’t help but smile back and push him inside.

I closed the door and joined him in the living room. My parents shouldn’t be home, or else there would be some noise.

We both sat on the couch and I turned on the TV.

“Let’s watch a movie.”, Zacky said standing up and heading to the cupboard that had the DVD’s.

“Choose a comedy.”, I said.

“Yup.”, Zacky nodded.

He searched for a while and ended up picking Scary Movie 2 – one of my favorite movies.
“Oooh, I love that movie!”, I grinned.

“I know!”, Zacky chuckled as he prepared everything.

He sat on the couch next to me and pushed me to his side. I wrapped my arms around his waist and he wrapped one of his around my shoulders. He laced his fingers with my hand that was on his waist and kissed the top of my head.

I was just loving this night. He hadn’t acted like that with me for so long!

We laughed the entire movie and watched a bit of TV after it ended.

“I’m so glad you came with me.”, I muttered snuggling in his arms.

He chuckled and raised my chin with his fingers. We kissed for a while until he stood up and grabbed my hand. He walked me upstairs to my room and gave me a deep kiss.

“What are you doing?”, I asked as we broke the kiss.

Zacky closed the door and smiled at me, pecking my lips. “I just want to be with you.”

I smiled back and lay down on my bed. Zacky did the same and pushed me closer to him once again.

He brought his lips close to mine and I put my hands around his neck.

We stayed like that for a little while until he rolled over me and started kissing my neck and jaw line. I didn’t mind it at first, but when he started moving his hands up and down my sides I tried to push him away softly in his chest.

He seemed not to notice it and kept doing the same.

“Zacky…”, I said. “What are you doing?”

“Shh.”, he quietly said moving to my neck again.

I raised his face with my hands making him look at me.

“Come on, Hailey…”, he said.

I didn’t let him go. “Look at me and tell me you love me.”

“I love you.”, he said but not looking at me.

“Look at me in the eyes. Look at me and say it.”

His eyes met mine but not a word came out of his mouth, just as I expected.

“I thought so.”, I said pushing him away from me.

He growled in frustration and stood up. He walked away, slamming my bedroom’s door in his way out.

Matt was climbing the stairs and Zacky hit him accidentally making him loose his balance.

“Watch your steps!”, Matt shouted at him. He was really drunk, so he didn’t even ask me any questions about why he was leaving that way. I guess he didn’t even recognized him!

I fell to the bed and looked up at the ceiling. Now I’m right about that. I don’t like him. And I guess I was wrong about my feelings for him. I couldn’t look him in the eyes and tell him that I loved him. In fact, all of the time we’d been together we never told each other we loved him or her. My heart didn’t belong to anybody in this moment, and that just felt good.

But… I need to talk to him and solve things. Sure it would hurt at first, but time would heal every piece of my broken heart. My heart that had been suffering for no reason, there would be no more reasons for it to come up to my throat every time I saw him talking to another girl or going out without me. I’d be free of those feelings that I had been feeling for no reason. Simply because I thought I liked him.

Not even a tear was daring to form in the corner of my eyes.

I fell asleep surprisingly fast, which I wasn’t expecting because of the recent event.

I woke up with a beam of sun light hitting my face. I forgot to close my window’s curtains last night.

The house was in complete silence, so that meant my parents didn’t come home today and Matt was still sleeping. I looked at the alarm clock on my bedside table – 9:00 am. I got out of bed and walked to the bathroom. I took a long and cold shower to wake up and then dressed up.

I walked downstairs to have breakfast when my mobile phone rang. I had one text message from Zacky.

‘Hey… I wanna talk with you… I’m here outside; I didn’t want to ring the bell not to wake up Matt. Please answer soon. Zacky.’

I took a deep breath and headed to the door. Zacky was sitting against the wall and lost in his thoughts.

“Wanna come in?”, I asked waking him up from his thoughts.

“Huh?... Yeah, yeah.”, he said standing up.

He greeted me with a kiss on the cheek and walked in.

“So… You wanted to talk with me?”, I asked hesitantly.

He started messing with his fingers and looked at them. “Yeah… Look…”

“Wait!”, I cut him. “Let me speak first before I lose my courage.”

Zacky nodded and I approached him. I held his hands and took a deep breath.

“I… I think… I think maybe this was a mistake.”, I said.

Zacky looked down and bit his lip. “What do you mean?”

“You, us.”. I closed my eyes and breathed again, to calm myself down. “I think it was a mistake that we started dating.”

“I’m sorry for everything I did to you… If I ever hurt you or…”

“Calm down. Of course you hurt me when I saw you with other girls, but I was wrong. I thought I liked you. I’m…”

He tightened his grip on my hands and pulled me into a hug.

“I’m so sorry…”, he whispered.

“What did you wanted to talk about?”, I asked pulling away from the hug.

“I… wanted to talk about this…”

“I can’t really keep dating you… I’ll just end up hurting myself for no reason…”

“I agree with you.”, he cut me.

“You what?”, I asked looking him in the eyes.

He bit his lip again and locked his eyes with mines. “I love you, Hailey. I love you as my best friend. But I don’t think this was a mistake.”

“So you came here to break up with me?”, my eyes started to feel watery.

“No. I came here to talk to you, try to solve things between us in the best way… But you told me that and I agree with you. We’re only fooling each other if we keep going on with this…”, Zacky explained.

I looked down and retained the tears that were trying to escape.

“Besides, I miss my best friend.”, he said raising my head so I was looking at him. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah…”, I nodded.

“So… We’re friends?”, he asked hesitantly.

“I guess so…”, I answered.

“Will we keep acting like before? I really don’t want to lose the girl I spent awesome years with…” he said.

I smiled a little and nodded again.

“No hard feelings?”, I asked.

“No hard feelings.”, Zacky said.

He kissed my cheek and walked to the door.

“I’ll see you later, when the guys meet.”, Zacky said before leaving.

“Okay.”, I said and he closed the door.

I couldn’t keep hold of my tears anymore and I let them fall. I rushed to my bedroom and sat on my bed, with my head buried on my hands. I didn’t realize what I was going to miss until now. I would miss his hugs, kisses, smiles… God, I would miss him so much! Even if he didn’t always act like my boyfriend, that’s was he was - my boyfriend.

I heard a knock on my door and Matt’s head peeking.

“I heard you talking with Zacky.”, Matt said.

“Great, so you know what happened!”

He approached and sat beside me.

“I don’t wanna talk, Matt.”, my voice came out husky.

He sighed and stood up, leaving me alone. I waited until I cried no more and washed my face with cold water.

I walked downstairs and luckily Matt wasn’t there. I sat on the couch and turned on the TV.
The doorbell rang and I stood up to open it. Who could it be? I’m not expecting anyone…

“Hey!”, Jimmy and Brian said at the same time.

“What are you doing here?”, I didn’t mean to sound rude, but I wanted to be alone.

“Matt told us what happened…”, Jimmy said.

I sighed and returned to the couch.

They both came in and each sat on my side.

“How are you?”, Brian asked.

“Fine.”, I lied still looking at the TV.

“Don’t lie!”, Brian said.

“I’m not lying.”

He turned off the TV and looked at me. “You know… Sometimes is good crying…”

I looked at him and tried to calm down. I didn’t want to cry again. It’s over, for God’s sake!
But there was no use. I draped my arms around his neck and started crying again. God dammit, Hailey! Stop crying!

He put his arms around me and traced circles with his hand on my back to calm me down. Jimmy kneeled down and put his hands on my knees, looking at me with a sad face.

“Don’t be so sad…”, Jimmy said still on the same spot.

I didn’t want to get away of Brian’s arms, they made me feel safe… But I had to. I cleared my face with my hoodie sleeves and looked at both of them.

“I love you guys so much…”, I confessed hugging them two.

“Hey! You know we’re always here for you.”, Jimmy said smiling.

I gave him an honest smile and pulled away from the hug.

“You’re a lot prettier with a smile!”, Jimmy said making me chuckle. “I’m so sorry for not being able to stay here with you, but you know my mom will ground me until I’m 50 if she doesn’t find me home…”

“It’s okay. Thank you for coming.”

Jimmy nodded and hugged me goodbye. “I want to see you smile tomorrow!”
“I’ll try.”, I said.

I returned to the living room and Brian was looking at me with concern written all over his face.

“Don’t look at me that way…”, I said sitting back on the couch.

“I’m worried about you. I can’t bear seeing you sad…”

“What do you expect me to be? Happy!? I just broke up with my boyfriend!”, I yelled.
He sighed and I regretted yelling at him.

“I’m sorry… This is none of your fault.”, I mumbled.

He pulled me into his arms again and I just hugged him for a couple of minutes.

“You know… I was serious about growing a mustache if I saw you sad again…”, Brian said making me chuckle.

“Only you to make me laugh now!”, I chuckled.

He smirked and I smiled a little.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! New chapter!
Like it or not? :3

Hailey and Zacky broke up... :(
I guess that will make the ones who weren't happy with their relationship happy! x)
Anyways, I want to know your opinions about the chapter and the story! ^^

I only have 22 subscribers :c
But I love you all, and the people who comment! :)

The next chapter will be up in 2-3 days!
See you there! :D