Status: Updates on Thursdays and Sundays

Vengeance Is a Syn

Newborn Life, Replacing All Of Us

“Ok, enough with the smirk, now!”, I giggled.

“No!”, Brian said with the smirk still on his face.

“Fine!”, I said crossing my arms against my chest and turning on the TV again.

He looked at the TV but kept smirking and I glanced at him through the corner of my eyes from time to times.

“Are you gonna stay mad at me?”, he asked.

“Yes.”, I answered still with my arms crossed.

“No, you won’t.”, he said still with the cocky smirk.

“Yes, I will!”, I replied.

“You can’t stay mad at me!”, he said triumphantly.

“You wish! Of course I can!”

“Oh, you can?”, he smiled playfully and I knew he was about to do something.
He jumped off the couch and started tickling me making me fall to the ground. I was laughing so hard I could barely breathe!

“Stop it! Please!”, I yelled.

“Only with one condition…”, Brian said as he pinned my hands to the floor so I couldn’t move.

“What is it?”, I asked slightly afraid of what was about to come.

“I don’t want to see you sad about Zacky anymore…”, he said releasing my hands and helping me get back to the couch.

I looked down at my hands and all the memories came back to my mind. I was happy to have managed to forget him for a couple of minutes, while Brian was tickling me. But he was right.

“I’ll try.”, I said looking down as a tear fell down my cheek. “But I can’t promise it’ll be easy…”
Brian cupped my cheek and cleared the tear with his thumb before giving me an amazing smile.

“If I knew any of those cheesy sentences girls love to read, I’d say it right now!”, he chuckled making me laugh.

“Thank god you don’t know any!”, I said laughing.

“Why’s that?”, he asked smiling.

“Because I don’t like those quotes and it would be awkward if you knew any!”, I chuckled.

Brian laughed and I joined him. I kissed his cheek and he looked at me with curiosity filling his face.

“Thank you. For making me laugh when I needed.”, I explained.

“I’ll always make you laugh!”, he smirked sitting back on the couch.

I punched his arm playfully and sat back on the couch too.

“Hey! That hurt!”, he said pouting and rubbing his arm.

I laughed triumphantly and Matt entered the house.

“Saved by Matt!”, Brian said smirking.

I poked my tongue at him and Matt entered the living room.

“Hey!”, Matt greeted a bit hesitant.

“Hey!”, Brian and I replied.

“So I see you made her smile!”, Matt said joining us in the couch and giving me a small hug.
“You know it, man. I’m Synyster fucking Gates, I can make anything happen!”, Brian said with the cockiest tone of voice I’ve ever heard, making Matt burst into laughing.

“You liar! Jimmy helped too!”, I said with a shocked expression on my face.

“Yeah, but I made you laugh more!”, Brian shrugged with a smirk.

“You’re a jerk!”, I laughed.

Matt placed his feet on the coffee table and grabbed the remote control.

“Hey, Brian…”, I said quietly. “Hum… Do you mind if I talk with Matt? I owe him an apologize…”

“Yeah, sure. You want me to leave?”, he asked a bit sad.

I didn’t want him to leave since he seemed to be the only one who could make me laugh, but I wanted to express Matt my regret for treating him like I did before.

“If you don’t mind…”, I answered.

“Of course I don’t.”, he smiled. “Hey, Matt. I’ll see you later, man.”

“You go already?”, Matt asked.

“Yeah. I’ll talk to you later.”, he answered standing up.

“Okay, man.”, Matt said fixing his eyes on the TV again.

I stood up and walked Brian to the front door.

Before he opened it he turned back and faced me.

“I really don’t want to leave you here alone…”, Brian said with concern in his eyes.

“Relax… I’ll be here with Matt and if it makes you feel better I’ll call Val too.”, I tried to give him my most confident smile.

He sighed and pulled me into a hug.

“At least I know what to do if I see you down again.”, he said and I swear I could see his smirk even if I wasn’t looking at his face.

I pulled away and raised my eyebrow in suspicion.

“What do you mean?”

“This.”, he said as he started tickling me again.

“Stop it! Oh, god! You’re making me fall to the floor!”, I cried laughing.

I managed to grab his wrists and make him stop, which only made him pout.

“You’re not getting out this easily next time!”, he said with a defiant look.

I chuckled and he bent down to kiss my cheek.

I closed the door after he left and walked back to the couch.

“I’m sorry for being so rude earlier…”, I apologized sitting next to Matt.

Matt chuckled and placed a kiss on the top of my head.

“It’s okay, Hay. I understand.”, he gave me a dimpled smile.

I smiled back in happiness and laid down on the couch watching the movie that was playing on the TV.

One hour later the movie was over and I decided to call Val so we could go out. I was sick of being home and I wanted to clear my head. Some fresh air would be perfect for that!

I grabbed my mobile phone and dialed her number.

“Hey honey! I was going to call you later to see if you were better…”, Val lamented.

“Hey, Val! Don’t worry, I’m better now.”, I said. “Any plans for this afternoon?”

“No… You wanna do something?”, she asked.

“Yup. How about a girls afternoon?”, I suggested.

“Sounds good! No, sound awesome! Just the two of us?“

“Like the old times!”, I chuckled.

“I’m so gonna enjoy this afternoon, girl!”, she laughed and I joined her.

“What do you say about meeting at the shopping center at… 3?”, I asked.

“Perfect! I’ll see you there!”

I looked at my watch and saw I had half an hour left until 3.

I walked to the kitchen and prepared a sandwich that would be my lunch.

15 minutes after I finished eating my food and returned to my room to pick my bag. Since I had 15 minutes left and knowing Val as I did, I knew she would arrive late, so walking to the shopping center would be the best option. I walked downstairs to the living room and met a curious Matt.

“Where are you going?”, Matt cocked his eyebrow from the living room’s couch.

“Spending my afternoon with Val.”, I answered smiling.

“Oh… Okay.”, he simply said. He was not a fan of what we liked to do together.

Basically, he didn’t want to go shopping and hear us talking about nothing and everything all at once. In fact, he even once said we looked like two chickens talking when we were together, which only made him receive two slaps in his arm from us.

I rushed to the couch and gave him a quick kiss on his head and headed out of my house.
I breathed the fresh air that smelled like the beach since our house was so close to there. I couldn’t complain about how we lived, we had a big house near the beach where all of our friends could stay. The only thing that was missing was having my parents there. We spent so little time together and had so few memories… Luckily I had Matt, my fake-twin brother. I can’t remember any memory where he didn’t take part. We always did the same stuff and always had the same friends. And since we found Jimmy, Brian, Johnny, Zacky and the Berry’s it was like something told me they’d be there forever.

I shook my head of my thoughts and started walking in the beach’s direction. The shopping center was next to it but I had to walk for a good 15 minutes to arrive there.

When I approached the building I glanced at my watch to see it was already 3:05 p.m. I entered through the big glass doors that led to the inside of the mall and saw a smiling Val waving in my direction.

I walked to the place where she was and gave her a small hug.

“How are you, sweetie?”, she asked.

“I’m fine and I don’t want to talk about that anymore!”

“When Matt called me I became worried…”

“Don’t worry, Jimmy and Brian appeared there and you know them… They can always make me smile.”

“Did they stay there the whole morning?”

“No… Jimmy left shortly after he arrived but Brian stayed longer.”

Val smirked and nodded an okay.

I raised my eyebrow at her suspiciously but she grabbed my arm and pushed me so I’d start walking with her.

We visited all the shops and even bought a few clothes. I never gave much importance about buying new clothes. The ones I had were already enough. I don’t get it how people can buy a new shirt every week that, in my opinion, is exactly the same as the one they bought last week!

“Argh, I can’t stand visiting another shop!”, I said raising my arms - and consequently the bags – to my head.

Val laughed and nodded.

“Okay… How about going out to the terrace and grab something to eat?”, she suggested.

“Yes, please! I’m starving!”, I chuckled.

We walked to the terrace and sat on a table, waiting for the employee to come and ask us what we wanted to have.

“I’d like an orange juice and a blueberry muffin, please.”, I asked.

“For me it’s the same.”, Val said.

The employee nodded her head meaning she was bringing it to us shortly.

After we finished eating our snack we decided to stay there for a little while before returning home. We chatted until Val saw Johnny and Lacey walking hand in hand to a table.

“Hey, isn’t that Johnny and Lacey?”, she asked.

I didn’t even look because it probably wasn’t them. “Can’t be. Lacey went back to her home after Johnny’s party.”

“But look! It’s them!”, Val pointed in their direction.

I glanced at the table and Val was right. They were Johnny and Lacey.

“Hey, short-shit!”, I shouted from the other side of the terrace making everyone look at me. “Won’t you come here?”

Johnny looked at my direction with a pissed look that rapidly turned into a smile as he saw it was me.

He stood up, grabbed Lacey’s hand and joined us.

“What are you still doing here?”, I asked Lacey with a dimpled smile as I greeted her.

“Well… I…”

“We were planning on telling you this tomorrow, but you two caught us and ruined the surprise.”, Johnny cut her.

“Aw, we’re sorry.”, both Val and I pouted making them laugh.

“So… The surprise…?”, I said impatiently.

“Well… Lacey’s moving to California!”, Johnny explained.

“What! Those are fucking great news! I’m so happy for you guys!”, I yelled as I stepped on the table and hugged them two.

Val and Lacey were nearly crying because they were laughing so hard and that’s when I realized all the people looking at me. Damn! I shouldn’t do this stuff!

“Hay, it’s better if you leave the table for the food, and not your knees!”, Johnny laughed.
I sat immediately on my chair and begged I wasn’t blushing too much. I hated when these things happened to me!

“So you’ll be living here now?”, Val asked.

“Yes! I’ll finally be able to hear a decent band rehearsal now!”, she chuckled.

Johnny put his arm around her waist and pulled her to a passionate kiss. I looked down, remembering I had just break up with Zack this morning and Val noticed it. She put her hand on my shoulder and squeezed it. I smiled at her.

“Hum… Did something happen?”, Johnny asked.

“She broke up with Zack…”, Val mumbled.

Johnny held my hands and squeezed them too with a sympathetic look on his face.

“It was better that way…”, he said trying to cheer me up.

“I know.”, I said smiling. “Let’s just forget it, okay?”

“Okay.”, he said.

We stayed there until 7pm and Johnny and Lacey were kind enough not to kiss or hug each other, even though I told them it was okay.

“Well, my time to go!”, I said as I stood up and said goodbye to all of them.

I arrived home and heard noise coming from the kitchen. I walked over there to see Matt, Brian, Jimmy and Zacky coming through the door that connected the kitchen to the garage.

“Hailey!”, Jimmy said lifting me from the ground in a bear hug.

I chuckled and gently pulled him away so I could breathe.

“Were you guys rehearsing?”, I asked looking at them.

“Yeah. We just don’t know where the gnome is.”, Matt said making the others laugh.

“Oh, I know where he was! He was with Lacey!”, I explained.

“What the fuck?”, Jimmy yelled. “Wasn’t she supposed to be home?”

I explained them everything and they started to leave shortly after.

After there was only Matt and Zacky left, I decided to go upstairs to my room.

“Can I talk to you?”, Zacky whispered grabbing my arm and turning me so I was facing him.

“I’m not ready for it… Sorry.”, I mumbled turning back.

I lied on my bed and fell asleep quickly, since I had classes tomorrow.

On Wednesday I finally gained the courage to talk with Zacky.

”Look, Hailey… I need to talk to you. “, Zacky said with sad eyes.

“I need to talk to you too.”, I said.

We both sat on the bench and he started moving his fingers nervously as he spoke.
“Is everything okay between us?”, he asked hesitantly.

I sighed and met his eyes.

“Maybe it’s not right now… But soon I’ll be able to act towards you like I did before. I just need time…”, I answered.

He nodded his head and stared at his hands.

“Look, I really want to have our friendship back, but try to understand… Please… I’m hurt. You had my heart, and you shattered it in pieces. I need time to collect all those pieces so I’m good again”, I said.

“I didn’t mean to do that…”, he said with regret evident on his voice.

I smiled and stroked his cheek.

“You know why things didn’t went well between us?”, I asked to which he shook his head. “Because… To be honest, I always thought you had something for Gena…”

“You’ve gotta be kidding me, right?”, he asked in disbelief.

“No, I’m not. You two don’t get along perfectly well, but you’re always teasing each other, and it’s obvious you want to be together.”, I said giving him a small smile.

“How can you say that? I mean… She makes your life a living hell!”

“I can cope with that!”, I chuckled. “I just want you to know that… If you want to be with her… It’s perfectly fine for me.”

Okay, I was lying. I hated her. I really hated her because of what she did to me. I never understood why she treated me like that! But I wanted him to be happy, above anything.

“I wasn’t expecting that from you, Hailey.”, he said as he pulled me into a hug.

I hugged him for a while and smiled before standing up.

“I promise you soon, everything will be alright.”, he smiled.


Now it was finally Friday and I was exhausted. The week went by pretty fast and Brian made sure he was always there to cheer me up when I was down. He was definitely a sweet-heart.
After Wednesday I started being a little happier. That talk I had with Zacky was great. I was finally forgetting everything and started to live my life again.

I got into bed and closed my eyes, but moments later my phone was ringing.

I looked at the screen and it had a text message from Brian. I was thinking he had forgotten to send me something before going to sleep. That was other of his ideas – he always sent me something before I went to sleep so I wouldn’t be depressed. Honestly, could I ask for a better friend!?

‘Hey, pumpkin :) Already sleeping?’

‘Hey, Bri :) I was about to meet my dream land, but you woke me up! :(‘

‘Oh, I’m so sorry!!!’

‘Liar!!! Jeezz, you’re such an idiot! :P’

‘No need to call me that! :(‘

‘Aw, I’m so sorry! :S I’ll never call you that again! Ever!’

‘I’ll let you go to sleep because I like you so much! But you can’t be rude to me next time!’
‘Aww, you’re a sweetheart :)’

‘I know I am! :D Good night. Sweet dreams :)’

I fell asleep with a smile on my lips and only woke up when the sun rays invaded my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
New chapter here! :D
Opinions about it? Did you like it? :) Or didn't you? :(

I want to read your comments please! :3

New readers, welcome!
New subscriber, I love you ♥
People who read but don't comment, I love you too, but I'd prefer if you comment :)
angelXofXvengeance, I LOVE you for commenting on almost every chapter! You're awesome! :D