Status: Completed, I just have to add all the chapters

That Girl

November 10th, 1938

“So where do you live, ‘cause I’ve only ever seen you sitting on this tree branch. Do you live by the lake?”

“I do, I live right up the hill in this little run down house. It’s small and brown and has this little green door that’s falling off. It doesn’t sound like a place you’d want to be right?

That’s ‘cause it’s not.”

“Trust me on this, if you had my parents you’d feel the same way. I know people say you shouldn’t talk bad about your elders, but I ain’t got nothin’ good to say about them.”

“I hope your parents are better than mine. But then again, you don’t talk, so who knows. Anyways, the Winter Dance is comin’ up soon. This girl Shelly wants me to ask her, my friend Jim wants me to ask her too. She’s the prettiest girl in school.

“Well at least that’s what everyone else says, I don’t think she’s that pretty. All she ever talks about is herself. Jim says that’s how girls are, but I don’t think so. I think it’s just her.”

“Besides your living proof that he’s wrong. You don’t talk about yourself, you don’t talk at all.”

“Heck you don’t even look at me, you just stare down at the lake as if you’re waiting for something. Are you? Are you waiting for something?”

“’Cause you could tell me if you were.”

“You could trust me.”