Status: Not finished!!!

Part I : R is for Ryan. V is for Vampire.

Chapter One: Young Blood and Sun Lotion.

Chapter One: Young Blood and Sun Lotion

-Ryan-

As I walked along the stone pathway, leading to Julian's and my mother near manor house I smiled a soft smile. It wasn't sunny all the time were I was from. But today the sky was almost smiling back at me. Telling me ' Yes Ryan Caius. You belong here. Even though Demetri was left home to find with his calculator and Grade 11 math. You belong.' Demetri is my best friend... till I die.

I didn't have to give a damn, here in subs. An emotional wreck of a teenager.

Is the every day cup of coffee for everyone. Demetri lives about a block away. I don't mind, he lives with his father though. Ezra. Ezra isn't stern on him, he does art and what not. I'd rather not spend the day with them both though.

" I don't mind when Demetri goes all mental, his been that way for a while. I'd really love though if he would get laid...", Ezra takes a long and uneasy drag of his weed. The air floating around us on the patio of the downtown, corner. Where the druggies sold weed and narcotic's. Demetri looked down, shuffling with his lonely eyes. He called him his friend. Not his father.
Ezra's short blond curly hair was ruffled in the near by wind. Blowing the smoke into my throat. Demetri's eyes looked up only moments.
Ezra's eyes gazed along the tall and slender Asian waitress handing him a whiskey.
"Hmmm", He looked at her with his alluring sea foam eyes, round with excitement. His tall and brooding body surely sent her toward him. He grabbed her ass as she left, then settled back into his chair.

"Tegan", He took up a very long drag and went into his pocket.
He was across from us at the wooden table. The wrought iron yellow chairs made un comfortable shifts and noises as we settled into them deeper.
"Always keeps, his head up. Yeah know? Like he is a model kid... I ace one right? Cheers."
His British accent arose and broke through. He smiled deeply. Showing his pearly white teeth. No fangs anew. Dem's mother was a vampire. Though Dem was full because of her blood type.
Demetri looked up. Pure anger in his eyes. He gritted his teeth and looked up and his....father.

"Tegan isn't a fucking model child. He does drugs, he fucks around! and he killed.
Oh and he is gay.", He made the words leer out of his throat. Raspy with wild belts.

Ezra's put out the smoke. And coughed. He didn't look annoyed.

"So?", he mouthed out grinning like a wild beast.

Demetri's face dropped. I couldn't look.

" Fuck you! Fuck you! Fuck you to hell you bastard! You will never get it! Never!", He stood up yelling and tears rolled down his cheeks as his voice broke down. The fragile, old chair fell back with a clank.

Knocked back his father's whiskey and ran away through the gate.

That night, I didn't know... anything. That I thought I knew before.


My feet picked up as the wind blew stronger, I thought about how Demetri always had a sucky life. Rose, his sister who is 15 and Tegan is the same age as Demetri. They are twins but don't look the same at all. Tegan has pure blond hair, wispy and wild. And has the same eyes and Demetri though but not the same features. He doesn't have the cheekbones as Dem. Or the lips.
Rose looked very different, she had the freckles as them but black hair and blue eyes.
And a very coy outlook.

I hugged my black sweater closer to my body, I was aching to arrive home. I dragged my Toms with as much excitement as I had for the first day of school.

My body finally arrived toward our house.

The manor was fairly big, it had a light blue tint and shutter windows. The door was painted a soft yellow though, which didn't make much sense, since where it was located was in a eerie place.

The tall looming tree's cascaded around the acres. The cobble stone pathway with a mixture of deep red, gray and coffee brown bricks where spiraled and slightly uphill.

The manor was four floors, with a attic and a basement which looked out of a thriller movie.

We had a very big and space wise back yard.

But I guess I am boring you.

"RYAN!", Julian screamed from the front door. I hated him. I hated him with all my heart. I never liked change. Even after my mother changed my bedroom colour.... I still hated it.

Mint green... Ugh, Looked like vomit.

Where's my father... well not the ravenous,ego-tistic one? Well...

I wasn't suppose to be here, in this drive you kids to soccer games and rebellious teenager's part of the city.
I lost my father. Not from an deadly disease. No. He got killed and murdered.

Image

When I was in the Amazon, I was fairly happy. Keep in mind that I was about 8 years old when I left to go to North America. But back there, everything was so easy and so was my life.

My mother meet my father, Ty way before I was born.... supposedly.
And from all of my mother's words they had some hot and heavy.... "Fun".
After he knocked her up, all of her family already knew him. They loved him because he was so different, wild and exotic.

But then, after my Grandfather hired so of the locals to help build our house which was just one floor, but fairly long. Because at that time, I guess they didn't have the knowledge or the tools to make a two story house. And it was more friendly toward me, as a drooling toddler.
Anyways I don't really remember the house. But I do remember that it was suppose to fend away wild animals.

So to the part everyone wants to hear. The part where everything collapses as my mother breaks down and no amount of her daddy's money can save her poor little heart.

My father, who spent all his time with me. He literally was something you always would want. He was a father who was just, worth the while and worth the time.
So, when my mother was out with her friend's and family.

I was with my father, the TV was on and I was playing with my new big boy toys at that time probably. Probably pacing around and talking to the walls.
Or maybe even my cousin Lea who was there too, but long gone into a snoring slumber.
My father didn't come back though, for a while. Then in the front of the house there was a loud thud. Almost a crash. Then a long screech, I walked out side of our door. Then my father was there.

His clothes were ripped and claw marks ridden on his tan face, His eyes open and blank.
His stomach ripped up and cut up. Legs mangled and broken. Ripped and bloody. I backed away. At seven this was a shocker though and I heard a low hum, or a voice or something. Or just a noise. Then his body engulfed into wild flames. Blue and red flames. Bright colours danced in front of my eyes.

When.... his body was into ashes.

The flames stopped.

Then I looked up my eyes slowly meeting someones eyes.

That's all I remember, and what Lea told me.

After that I didn't really act the same. My mother Stella was scared for me. She thought who ever done those things to my father harmed me. Not physically. But mentally and emotionally.

I know that she is right.

But I feel something is missing......


"Whattttttttttt?", I groaned as I walked in front of Julian.
He rolled his eyes, "Your mother wants you to wear sunscreen. And I'd rather not have to stare at a tomato boy."
I stared at my pale skin... I didn't inherit sun-kissed skin from my father. My step-father and real father have nothing in common... well only that there both Vampires.

"Mom", I faced my mother annoyed touching my new fangs. Yes, I've been waiting to finally get my fangs in. Though I have the advantage of eating human food. Not drinking blood. So, I'm going to have fangs to school tomorrow.

Great.

I feel really special. And I mean really. This is way better than anything.
No sorry my sarcastic tones didn't reach your mind.
"I really don't want to wear that disgusting stuff", I finally replied wrinkling my nose.

"Fine", She wasn't making eye contact just on her knee's digging. Her long dirty blond hair was piled on her head in a messy bun.

"Just.Don't.Whin.If.You.Turn.Into.A.Rasin.",She paused through each word while pulling out a root.
I mumbled and walked away.

As I was circling the neighbor hood in my car ( I know I'm not suppose to drive but it's fairly easy,Unless you get attacked by a elk) I saw a park full of highschoolers.

I got out and didn't even lock the door. I guess you can say I wanted to meet some new friends. The park was way to green for me. And quite colourful. It had several rose bushes and daises scattered around. And other flowers I don't know the name of!

And the stone pathway to some teens cramming on there Mac's wasn't so inviting.
Then out into the corner of a stone wall I see Demetri. I yell for him. Of course he is wearing his Batman shirt. And is still fairly pale with his rosy cheeks and pacific, leafy green eyes macthed his brown tousled hair. Which girls go for. Oh course!

I see many people smiling as they look at me and quickly get out of there eye sight. Last thing I wanted was to be noticed for a stupid reason.
Julian joined the PTA and funded for alto of things at the school. Which I didn't really know why because his the last person I would think to do that.

I made my way toward Demetri who was checking is watch. And looking worried.
"Hi", He waves way to happily towards me. I rush toward him. Checking out that his mood changed.

"Calm down!", I whisper.
He looks frazzled and confused.

Then his breathing turns into an exasperated sigh.

"What.... I just don't want it to be the same like last year....", I talk normally now, my tone light as a feather.

Trying to act normal, I wanted to make sure I wasn't a downer. Since I had to think about what happened to my dad. It was a movie in my mind right now. And I can never stop it from rolling now....

He understands,"Oh.... So have you talked to Janet? Or Emmery Or Caroline Or..."

I cut him off annoyed,"No.... I don't care anymore. I just wanted to maybe get some friends that are the opposite sex. Then...", I trailed off into a low mutter.

"Hmm,and how did that work for you", he stopped and looked at me grinning.
Then his voice roared through the air in a shocking tone.
"You almost had sex!!"

He didn't do that.
I felt my mouth drop. Then looked at Dem smiling softly and my eyes looked at a girl who was staring at me..... along with some others.

A young girl with fiery orange hair framing her hallow face looked over her shoulder at Dem.
And a bunch of skater boarder's lounging by the benches did too.

"Don't you love attention?", He smiled.
"Nah", We started to walk slowly along the tree's.
"Are you scared? About everything. About me showing you up and begin the head bitch?"
"Oh really?"

He laughed a low laugh and a speculative look came in his narrowed eyes.

"Yes, bitch you better watch out"

Image

Dem and I walked to my place. He filled my brain with talk of how there's a new comic book in store's about him. Yet I was so confused.

Then he decides to go very of topic.

"Evangeline."
My heart stops on the spot(even though it's beginning to slow down since I'm becoming the dreading V word. Vampire.)

When ever someone says her name it brings memories. She was... I guess you can call my first love. She recently moved when we were dating. Which was about 4 months ago.. and a couple of days. But hey! I'm not counting.

After I was out of the Amazon we moved to Australia and what not. Then traveled back to North America, out of the Oceania Continent.

So I was about 13 when we moved to Canada. Yes, the beaver land. You thought we moved to a place where it was very scary and dark. Unless you count very angry loons scary.
I meet her through my old academy.
She told me her life story, I told her mines. She brought a whole new aspect to my life, Then when my 16 birthday neared....we grew closer.

Her family was from Europe and her father well, she never spoke about him.

I really thought we were in love. She was the quiet girl.She cared. And loved me.Like no one did before. I can't explain my love or her.When we broke up it wasn't because 'Cheating' was a factor.No... not at all. Mostly because well.... I don't know. We went apart slowly then. Out. I still have her picture on my billboard in my room. Those photo booths that I oh so conveniently seemed to pass by?

I miss her I think, she used to have soft curly blond hair, but one of my cousin's saw her and she had auburn hair still with ocean blue eyes filled with flecks of forest green. I couldn't forget her. She looked kinda like one of those forest fairies everyone loves. Her hair always smelt like lilies, it was so amazing. Her voice was so smug sometimes but so heart wrenching.
I still love her right. I just guess she didn't love me anymore.

"What about her", My tone is clipped as I'm in pain speaking about her.

"Her picture fell out of your pocket.", Dem picked in up slowly and chuckled. Her and I were at the park. She lips were pouting and I was sticking out my tongue. Yet.... I needed to hold onto that.

I quickly stuffed in in my jean pocket while Dem snorted.
"Shouldn't you get rid of the old? Like spring cleaning.", He retorted.

"....No.", I hastily walked by him fuming.

" I never liked cleaning.....", I barked out in a rude tone.
Demetri grew silent and his footsteps weren't as loud.
"But you always have your room neat.", He let his whispered words escape his mouth